TORN Q&A

[quote name='TheNeverender' date='12 April 2010 - 12:02 AM' timestamp='1271044906' post='2257039']
Why are you still doing this to yourself? No, really.
[/quote]

Well, it's all pretty simple, Archon. I like a lot of people who like TORN. It's a pity TORN and Pacifica can't talk over our issues, isn't it?

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Cortath' date='12 April 2010 - 05:06 PM' timestamp='1271045165' post='2257043']
Well, it's all pretty simple, Archon. I like a lot of people who like TORN. It's a pity TORN and Pacifica can't talk over our issues, isn't it?
[/quote]

[quote name='Cortath' date='12 April 2010 - 05:01 PM' timestamp='1271044888' post='2257038']
I just relish you looking like a fool, bigwoody.
[/quote]

What a way to talk over our issues.

Edit: Grammar

Edited by StevieG

[quote name='Cortath' date='11 April 2010 - 11:01 PM' timestamp='1271044888' post='2257038']
I just relish you looking like a fool, bigwoody.

Really, I have nothing against TORN, bigwoody, but my alliance has a quite a bit of beef with you. Until your alliance chooses to address these issues, as my alliance has attempted to address the myriad of issues we've had in our past, I do not expect that our alliances will have good relations.
[/quote]
You ran a giant smear campaign against us, including many things known to be factually untrue. That isn't addressing anything. No, I don't think our alliances will have the level of trust needed to justify a treaty in the future. I'm more than content with not being enemies.

I suppose you can continue to push and address things by trying to whisper in people's ears behind our back, or you can actually come to us and try to hammer things out. The choice is yours.

[quote name='TheNeverender' date='11 April 2010 - 11:02 PM' timestamp='1271044906' post='2257039']
Why are you still doing this to yourself? No, really.
[/quote]
We can both ask ourselves this :P

Boredom, I suppose. Plus I have a good community around me that makes my time on here not so stressful as it once was.

[quote name='Cortath' date='12 April 2010 - 12:06 AM' timestamp='1271045165' post='2257043']
[/quote]

I think you may have misunderstood, though that's understandable given the timing of my query. The question was aimed at bigwoody, and was intended to be read with the subtext of "Why are you still leading your nation/alliance, given the time commitment and strain it has put on you" with an implication that I am referencing private conversations between us. My b.

Edit: @bigwoody - Fair enough, I can understand that.

Edited by TheNeverender

[quote name='Buds The Man' date='11 April 2010 - 11:08 PM' timestamp='1271045265' post='2257044']
Good to see familiar faces spouting the same tired grudges from days past in this thread just using different words.

BW how much love do you still have for us :P
[/quote]
My alliance will die for yours. Hopefully that answers your question. :)

[quote name='TheNeverender' date='11 April 2010 - 11:11 PM' timestamp='1271045501' post='2257049']
I think you may have misunderstood, though that's understandable given the timing of my query. The question was aimed at bigwoody, and was intended to be read with the subtext of "Why are you still leading your nation/alliance, given the time commitment and strain it has put on you" with an implication that I am referencing private conversations between us. My b.
[/quote]
(OOC)My grades and personal life are at all time highs. CN is not a drag on my life at my current activity level. Plus, I am not really the leader anymore. I wont go too deep into this here, but I am more than happy to discuss in query anytime.(OOC)

Edited by bigwoody

[quote name='TheNeverender' date='12 April 2010 - 12:11 AM' timestamp='1271045501' post='2257049']
[/quote]

Ah, fair enough. Sorry about the timing thing.

[quote name='Smacky' date='11 April 2010 - 11:42 PM' timestamp='1271047330' post='2257078']
What do you think about PC? If we weren't both firmly entrenched on different sides of the treaty divide are we the type of alliance you could see yourselves getting along with?
[/quote]
We are, in fact, similar in many ways.

We also don't base relationships off the treaty web, which is constantly changing anyways. Rather, we get the strong feeling you just don't like us.

[quote name='bigwoody' date='11 April 2010 - 09:45 PM' timestamp='1271047529' post='2257086']
We are, in fact, similar in many ways.

We also don't base relationships off the treaty web, which is constantly changing anyways. Rather, we get the strong feeling you just don't like us.
[/quote]
Twisted is the final authority on who we do or don't like, I do agree that we're more similar in operation than not.

[quote name='New Frontier' date='11 April 2010 - 11:49 PM' timestamp='1271047728' post='2257093']
List three reasons why Gondor is the greatest Blue alliance.
[/quote]
This is not meant to be an insult, but I have literally never heard about Gondor until just now.

[quote name='Smacky' date='11 April 2010 - 11:50 PM' timestamp='1271047813' post='2257096']
Twisted is the final authority on who we do or don't like, I do agree that we're more similar in operation than not.
[/quote]
I meant your alliance, not necessarily you. Also, the leader's opinion alone isn't all that matters, believe me.

[quote name='janax' date='12 April 2010 - 12:11 AM' timestamp='1271049081' post='2257119']
Favorite alliance not treatied to?
Biggest mistake of your career as Emperor of TORN?
[/quote]
Hard to pick one. Some alliances off the top of my head that we are not treatied to, but I admire, are TOP, DAWN, Argent, GLOF, Nordreich, FAN, TSO, BAPS, and tR.

Biggest mistake? When our allies provided the OV CB, we should have seen the trap coming and sat on it, rather than agreeing to act on it. That's one of many mistakes, but it sticks out.

[quote name='bigwoody' date='11 April 2010 - 10:51 PM' timestamp='1271047893' post='2257098']
This is not meant to be an insult, but I have literally never heard about Gondor until just now.
[/quote]
You have until noon tomorrow to come up with a satisfactory answer. Citations are encouraged, but not required.

[quote name='New Frontier' date='12 April 2010 - 12:17 AM' timestamp='1271049448' post='2257128']
You have until noon tomorrow to come up with a satisfactory answer. Citations are encouraged, but not required.
[/quote]
Instead, how about you come visit and show us why :)

[quote name='bigwoody' date='12 April 2010 - 01:16 AM' timestamp='1271049354' post='2257125']
Hard to pick one. Some alliances off the top of my head that we are not treatied to, but I admire, are TOP, DAWN, Argent, GLOF, [b]Nordreich[/b], FAN, TSO, BAPS, and tR.[/quote]

Awwww!

Right back at you, Woodrow.

[quote name='Ashoka the Great' date='12 April 2010 - 12:40 AM' timestamp='1271050825' post='2257171']
Awwww!

Right back at you, Woodrow.
[/quote]
Perhaps you should find me on IRC sometime. I am sure we would have much to discuss.

[quote name='Smacky' date='12 April 2010 - 12:42 AM' timestamp='1271047330' post='2257078']
What do you think about PC? If we weren't both firmly entrenched on different sides of the treaty divide are we the type of alliance you could see yourselves getting along with?
[/quote]

I love me some poisoned clams :awesome:

[quote name='Poyplemonkeys' date='12 April 2010 - 09:02 AM' timestamp='1271080933' post='2257318']
Why do you have my quote in your signature as though you are proud that GLoF's rashness bailed you out of one front in a global war? Doesn't needing someone else to bail you out sort of reinforce my point, which was more about TORN's position than 57th's?
[/quote]
That is a bit of a loaded question, isn't it?

Perhaps he has it sigged because you ended up being very wrong.

Edited by bigwoody

If he sigged every quote of someone being mistaken, even if it was limited to those about TORN, his sig would be several miles long, so there must be a reason for that particular quote? Which brings me back to my original question about taking pleasure from being bailed out of a losing situation by another alliance's rashness, and absolutely nothing to do with any achievement from your alliance at all. Pretty safe to say you won the war anyway since you issued terms to Nexus, not vice versa, which makes it even more confusing to choose a quote alluding to that possibility.

Should get back on topic I suppose. Which of TORN's achievements are you most proud of? Are you disappointed that some alliances chose not to sign the recent orange sphere treaty?