TORN Q&A

[quote name='Poyplemonkeys' date='12 April 2010 - 10:02 AM' timestamp='1271080933' post='2257318']
Why do you have my quote in your signature
<snip>
?
[/quote]

Because it was a great thread with several hilarious grand-standces (yes I just made up that word), and suffice to say you and I have very different views on that situation, though this isn't quite the thread for that. +1 for the lolz.

[quote]What do you think of the ol' Brown Spanish cat.[/quote]

Haven't seen you around our parts much. I miss talking with Chris Kaos, he was cool :(

Edited by mythicknight

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Poyplemonkeys' date='12 April 2010 - 09:39 AM' timestamp='1271083132' post='2257330']
If he sigged every quote of someone being mistaken, even if it was limited to those about TORN, his sig would be several miles long, so there must be a reason for that particular quote? Which brings me back to my original question about taking pleasure from being bailed out of a losing situation by another alliance's rashness, and absolutely nothing to do with any achievement from your alliance at all. Pretty safe to say you won the war anyway since you issued terms to Nexus, not vice versa, which makes it even more confusing to choose a quote alluding to that possibility.

Should get back on topic I suppose. Which of TORN's achievements are you most proud of? Are you disappointed that some alliances chose not to sign the recent orange sphere treaty?
[/quote]
The Nexus fight was a nice little win for us in that war, and we were especially amused by the outrage they felt over getting nuked when they bandwagoned in. I suppose you just walked into that one.

I'm most proud of how we performed this war, how well we came together as an alliance and only had one active member surrender. The end result is I have a battle tested member core, and that means a lot of potential. Second is the WotC Duckroll. I mean DAMN. The one regret I have about wars being all-nuclear now is that the Duckroll will never be repeated on a grand scale like that.

I am disappointed about the confrontational state of orange politics, which seems to be the root cause of some not participating in orange cooperation. We've fallen a long way from "Best Sphere Ever". At the same time though, no one has yet violated the most important tenants of not driving people off the sphere, not starting sanction/trade wars, etc. There is yet hope, but it is disheartening to see the well of orange cooperation poisoned.

[quote name='SpectreTehDestroyer' date='12 April 2010 - 12:30 PM' timestamp='1271089785' post='2257406']
What makes TORN so [u]Righteous[/u]?

:huh:
[/quote]

Unwavering faith in the power and the glory of [url="http://sharuntech.com/images/huegdelay.jpg"]our lord[/url]. [img]http://torn.sharuntech.com/public/style_emoticons/default/cylon_banjo.gif[/img]

[quote name='mythicknight' date='12 April 2010 - 06:09 PM' timestamp='1271092169' post='2257445']
Unwavering faith in the power and the glory of [url="http://sharuntech.com/images/huegdelay.jpg"]our lord[/url]. [img]http://torn.sharuntech.com/public/style_emoticons/default/cylon_banjo.gif[/img]
[/quote]

I'll disagree here. Just because I can.

Deal with it.

[quote name='SpectreTehDestroyer' date='12 April 2010 - 12:17 PM' timestamp='1271092615' post='2257453']
I'll disagree here. Just because I can.

Deal with it.
[/quote]

Would you prefer our unwavering faith in the power an glory of [url="http://ironkyle.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/billy_mays.png?w=389&h=299"]our other lord[/url]?

[quote name='Shayne Rivai' date='12 April 2010 - 06:47 PM' timestamp='1271094447' post='2257490']
Would you prefer our unwavering faith in the power an glory of [url="http://ironkyle.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/billy_mays.png?w=389&h=299"]our other lord[/url]?
[/quote]

Since when did this turn into a STA Q&A?

:smug:

[quote name='mythicknight' date='12 April 2010 - 03:44 PM' timestamp='1271083477' post='2257334']
Because it was a great thread with several hilarious grand-standces (yes I just made up that word), and suffice to say you and I have very different views on that situation, though this isn't quite the thread for that. +1 for the lolz.

Haven't seen you around our parts much. I miss talking with Chris Kaos, he was cool :(
[/quote]

You seem to be in a majority of one! (two if you include him)

[quote name='Shayne Rivai' date='12 April 2010 - 12:47 PM' timestamp='1271094447' post='2257490']
[/quote]

Hail the immortal Billy!

[img]http://larryfire.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/billy-mays.jpg[/img]

[quote name='Poyplemonkeys' date='13 April 2010 - 03:02 AM' timestamp='1271080933' post='2257318']
Why do you have my quote in your signature as though you are proud that GLoF's rashness bailed you out of one front in a global war? Doesn't needing someone else to bail you out sort of reinforce my point, which was more about TORN's position than 57th's?
[/quote]

Actually, Nexus were already getting beat up bad, and a lot of their nations were heading for bill lock or peace mode at an alarming rate.

[quote name='Methrage' date='12 April 2010 - 11:33 PM' timestamp='1271133167' post='2258331']
When you refer to me as Lord God King Methrage is that your personal position or TORN's position as a whole? Is there even a significant difference between the two?
[/quote]
You fight the good fight. Your title is earned.

[quote name='bigwoody' date='13 April 2010 - 12:44 AM' timestamp='1271133871' post='2258346']
You fight the good fight. Your title is earned.
[/quote]
Thanks, TORN was one of the few on our side to get some surrenders, it was a well fought war from you guys as well.

Edited by Methrage

[quote name='StevieG' date='13 April 2010 - 02:33 AM' timestamp='1271122411' post='2258055']
Actually, Nexus were already getting beat up bad, and a lot of their nations were heading for bill lock or peace mode at an alarming rate.
[/quote]
[quote name='StevieG' date='16 February 2010 - 11:45 AM' timestamp='1266317106' post='2185364']
Phew, that was close. Thanks for saving our [i]hides[/i] GLOF. :D

edit: didnt know plural donkey was a filtered word
[/quote]

My your tone has changed.

Who makes the artwork used by HRT? Does TORN have many graphics artists? What is the community like, are they mostly folks that know each other from other realms or did they just happen to come together on Planet Bob?

What if anything is the most common utterance amongst TORN folk?

[quote name='Poyplemonkeys' date='13 April 2010 - 09:41 PM' timestamp='1271148088' post='2258530']
My your tone has changed.
[/quote]

Sarcasm escapes some. Maybe the :D wasnt enough of a hint.

[quote name='Alfred von Tirpitz' date='13 April 2010 - 12:34 PM' timestamp='1271151227' post='2258560']
Who makes the artwork used by HRT? [/quote]
I believe he does it himself :)

[quote]Does TORN have many graphics artists? [/quote]
Not really, the essence of art lies not in the numbers but in the inspiration. :ehm:

[quote]What is the community like, are they mostly folks that know each other from other realms or did they just happen to come together on Planet Bob? [/quote]
Some know each other, but we mostly happened to come together under the TORN flag. B-)

[quote]What if anything is the most common utterance amongst TORN folk? [/quote]
Well, we do have some issues regarding the use of "u" in the word honour and the dates format (is 04/03/2010 the 4th of March or the 3rd of April ?) :facepalm: , but I cannot come up with a common utterance right now. We also have a fetish for the use of emoticons in our posts. :blush:

Edited by nikko

[quote name='Alfred von Tirpitz' date='13 April 2010 - 05:34 AM' timestamp='1271151227' post='2258560']
What if anything is the most common utterance amongst TORN folk?
[/quote]

I believe the most common utterance is not so much an utterance but rather this symbol [img]http://i976.photobucket.com/albums/ae245/LrdCurzon/whysoawesome-1.jpg[/img] . It really conveys the :whysoawesome: attitude that we love and which is frequently applicable to our inner workings.

[quote]how is it you guys are so cool?[/quote]

I suppose it rubs on us off from our awesome allies :D . Also, we are graced with the thickfuhrer who ensures our coolness.