TORN Q&A

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='shilo' date='11 April 2010 - 05:24 PM' timestamp='1271024652' post='2256617']
How many billions can TORN move on a single day?
How much dongs would that be per minute?

What makes you a special awesome bunch, except hrt emote posts?
[/quote]
Allegedly we can move many billions per day...or tens of millions per second.

What makes us different is a matter of interpretation...we're pretty loose and easy going, and like blowing things up. Its a nice combo.

I didn't think you'd defend IRON and co. after what happened last war. Many thought you'd be the future lackeys of MK, how did you come up with the decision to fight for IRON and not MK? Do you regret doing so?

[quote name='Lord Boris' date='11 April 2010 - 05:26 PM' timestamp='1271024784' post='2256620']
How do you see TORN's FA shaping up in the post-war period?
[/quote]
We're very happy with the allies we have, as all fought on the same side, valiantly, last war. We feel we can count on our allies. You will see us expand somewhat with like-minded alliances.

[quote name='MikeTheFirst' date='11 April 2010 - 05:26 PM' timestamp='1271024788' post='2256621']
I think the events just before the Karma War were very damaging to the image of your alliance. Sometimes an alliance can't recover from things like that. Do you think TORN has recovered?
[/quote]
Opinions about TORN are very love/hate...not a lot of indifference, certainly. To be honest, I've never cared about our image. We do what we feel is right, and those who love us for it we call friends.

[quote name='The AUT' date='11 April 2010 - 05:26 PM' timestamp='1271024801' post='2256623']
I didn't think you'd defend IRON and co. after what happened last war. Many thought you'd be the future lackeys of MK, how did you come up with the decision to fight for IRON and not MK? Do you regret doing so?
[/quote]
I have no idea where that came from. IRON is our original ally. We have their back and always have. Our decision to go to the mat for them this war was not really a decision.

Are you still against receiving reps from aggressive wars? How long after you win a war again will it take for you to change back to your original stance on that matter?

Edited by neneko

[quote name='Ezequiel' date='11 April 2010 - 05:39 PM' timestamp='1271025562' post='2256636']
With the reparations of your surrender, when do you guys expect to pay them all off... Or at least, when do you want them to be paid off?

You guys are doing great, keep up the good work.

Ezequiel.
[/quote]
Thanks for the kind words. Our ability to repay reps will depend on slot availability, but it will likely be quick.

[quote name='neneko' date='11 April 2010 - 05:40 PM' timestamp='1271025616' post='2256638']
Are you still against receiving reps from aggressive wars? How long after you win a war again will it take for you to change back to your original stance on that matter?
[/quote]
We're already at our original stance. Loaded question.

[quote name='bigwoody' date='12 April 2010 - 12:42 AM' timestamp='1271025722' post='2256641']
We're already at our original stance. Loaded question.
[/quote]
Why wasn't your original stance followed in the wars with wolfpack and csn?

[quote name='neneko' date='11 April 2010 - 06:45 PM' timestamp='1271025921' post='2256643']
[/quote]

The only time we have ever asked for reps in an aggressive war was during WotC, which we later waived off.

[quote name='SinisterCanuck' date='11 April 2010 - 05:48 PM' timestamp='1271026075' post='2256646']
The only time we have ever asked for reps in an aggressive war was during WotC, which we later waived off.
[/quote]

With all due respect, Sin, you know as well as I do that the Wolfpack War was an agressive war. Hell, unless someone's deleted the topic, the logs of some RoT gov admitting that they had set up WP should still be in the gov area of your boards somewhere.

[quote name='neneko' date='11 April 2010 - 05:45 PM' timestamp='1271025921' post='2256643']
[/quote]
Point. Our distaste for reps (mostly from an OOC POV) grew over time. In early wars, we generally took the role of mediator early (a difficult one). We went from that to low reps. By the WotC, we were disillusioned with the concept.

You seem to be under the assumption that we always want reps when we win, then play the opposite tune when we are losing. Those who know us know better.

I'm frustrated with the trend of reps in this game, with the continuing standard of everyone getting the maximum possible as a device of doing more post-war damage or "eliminating threats."

While not our technical original stance, not taking reps is something we've believed in so long that it feels that way.

Edited by bigwoody

[quote name='bigwoody' date='12 April 2010 - 12:52 AM' timestamp='1271026314' post='2256652']
Point. Our distaste for reps (mostly from an OOC POV) grew over time. In early wars, we generally took the role of mediator early (a difficult one). We went from that to low reps. By the time the WotC ended, we were disillusioned with the concept.

You seem to be under the assumption that we always want reps when we win, then play the opposite tune when we are losing. Those who know us know better.

I'm frustrated with the trend of reps in this game, with the continuing standard of everyone getting the maximum possible as a device of doing more post-war damage or "eliminating threats."
[/quote]
Lets just say that I'm less than convinced by your waiving of the reps in WotC. A single occurrence hardly constitutes a policy.

If the changed policy grew forth I'd like to claim that the one that was there before was the original one.

To summarize are you claiming that you will stick to your second original policy and not demand reps from aggressive wars in the future?

[quote name='neneko' date='11 April 2010 - 05:58 PM' timestamp='1271026688' post='2256658']
Lets just say that I'm less than convinced by your waiving of the reps in WotC. A single occurrence hardly constitutes a policy.

If the changed policy grew forth I'd like to claim that the one that was there before was the original one.

To summarize are you claiming that you will stick to your second original policy and not demand reps from aggressive wars in the future?
[/quote]

If that's the last war where TORN was in a position to demand reps, wouldn't it be the only thing we can use to judge the veracity of their stated policy?

Also, why would you be interested in casting doubt on their policy of not asking for reps?

[quote name='neneko' date='11 April 2010 - 05:58 PM' timestamp='1271026688' post='2256658']

[/quote]
I'm not out to convince you of anything. I don't really have concern for our image. I'm telling you how it is, as those who know us also understand it. Claim what you like, words are free.

As for our future actions, I make no promises just as much as I cannot predict the future, especially as the terms "aggressive" and "defensive" are so often perverted by people with an agenda. It is very likely that those who find themselves at war with us will not end up paying reps. It is certain that if we do take reps, they will be small in size relative to those extracted based on calculations of maximum one can possibly extract using overall tech % and slot capacity. Nor will you see "mystery box" terms, or escalating terms.

Edited by bigwoody

[quote name='bigwoody' date='12 April 2010 - 01:04 AM' timestamp='1271027042' post='2256665']
I'm not out to convince you of anything. I don't really have concern for our image. I'm telling you how it is, as those who know us also understand it. Claim what you like, words are free.

As for our future actions, I make no promises just as much as I cannot predict the future, especially as the terms "aggressive" and "defensive" are so often perverted by people with an agenda. It is very likely that those who find themselves at war with us will not end up paying reps. It is certain that if we do take reps, they will be small in size relative to those extracted based on calculations of maximum one can possibly extract using overall tech % and slot capacity. Nor will you see "mystery box" terms, or escalating terms.
[/quote]
I have to say that you 'original policy' doesn't really sound like much of a policy at all. You haven't followed it in most of the wars you've been in a position to get reps from and you won't even claim to be sticking by it in the future.

I guess I'll have to leave without a answer to my question then.

[quote name='supercoolyellow' date='12 April 2010 - 01:03 AM' timestamp='1271026993' post='2256663']
If that's the last war where TORN was in a position to demand reps, wouldn't it be the only thing we can use to judge the veracity of their stated policy?

[/quote]
Another way would be to look at how many of the wars they've been in a poistion to ask for reps in they've followed their 'original policy'.

[quote name='supercoolyellow' date='12 April 2010 - 01:03 AM' timestamp='1271026993' post='2256663']
Also, why would you be interested in casting doubt on their policy of not asking for reps?
[/quote]
I was under the impression that this was a Q&A thread. The only thing I'm curious about with regards to torn is related to their very firm but shifting stance on reps.

Edited by neneko

[quote name='neneko' date='11 April 2010 - 06:11 PM' timestamp='1271027498' post='2256669']
I have to say that you 'original policy' doesn't really sound like much of a policy at all. You haven't followed it in most of the wars you've been in a position to get reps from and you won't even claim to be sticking by it in the future.

I guess I'll have to leave without a answer to my question then.

Another way would be to look at how many of the wars they've been in a poistion to ask for reps in they've followed their 'original policy'.

I was under the impression that this was a Q&A thread. My only curiosity with regards to torn is related to their very firm but shifting stance on reps.
[/quote]
I answered your question, though I believe it was quite the leading question. I've explained the evolution of our policy and beliefs, and gave the best possible explanation of how we will proceed without knowing future circumstances.

If you wish to continue your original beliefs about us regardless, that is your right and I'm sure you're not alone. We can't be friends with everyone ;)

TORN has lost a bunch of members over the last while (i don't know how long its been tbh, but the last time i checked you were steady around 100 members) how has this effected your decisions and do you believe its hurt the stability of your alliance?

[quote name='elborrador' date='11 April 2010 - 06:16 PM' timestamp='1271027771' post='2256675']
TORN has lost a bunch of members over the last while (i don't know how long its been tbh, but the last time i checked you were steady around 100 members) how has this effected your decisions and do you believe its hurt the stability of your alliance?
[/quote]
That occurred some months ago, and yes it created a time where our stability was precarious.

We ended up with a loyal and dedicated war, now tested through the fires of a war where our survival was uncertain. I'm very happy with what we now have.

[quote name='Shan Revan' date='11 April 2010 - 06:32 PM' timestamp='1271028716' post='2256688']
For what it's worth, I've definitely seen plenty of distaste for reps from Bigwoody and TORN over the past...year or two [i](has it really been that long?)[/i] since WOTC.

Also hi Woody.
[/quote]
Hi Shan!

[quote name='New Frontier' date='11 April 2010 - 06:41 PM' timestamp='1271029285' post='2256692']
How do you feel about Cheyenne?
[/quote]
I'll be honest, I don't really know you. I seem to remember you used to hang around our channel.