The New Grämlins

Iotupa

[quote name='Baden-Württemberg' date='13 April 2010 - 10:41 PM' timestamp='1271194897' post='2259154']
If you really disapproved of their actions, you could make clear, that you won't support this conflict, no matter who enters.
Not that it matters though. I don't think anyone who would want to get involved would back off because of MHA...
[/quote]

Anyone else getting involved would just make the situation worse for all parties,
IRON needs no help to kill off the sub 30k Gre nations not already in peace mode

and the one thing that will cement the top tier together behind whatever leader they find is an external threat

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='SynthFG' date='13 April 2010 - 11:51 PM' timestamp='1271195467' post='2259169']
Anyone else getting involved would just make the situation worse for all parties,
IRON needs no help to kill off the sub 30k Gre nations not already in peace mode

and the one thing that will cement the top tier together behind whatever leader they find is an external threat
[/quote]
Well, if one (ex)leader calls a 12 man alliance bandwagoners who were part of the war before the alliance that leader comes from chose to enter the war on the winning sight aggressively for the second time in a row against the same alliance, and then is surprised that 12 man alliance is honoring their only MDoAP, I think not even God rewriting the bible will have any rationale impact on the alliance anymore.

All I've got to say on this is that hopefully people will finally learn that no matter how much you "wub" eachother (you silly little school girls, you), an eternal treaty is just a retarded idea.

[quote name='shilo' date='13 April 2010 - 10:56 PM' timestamp='1271195793' post='2259178']
Well, if one (ex)leader calls a 12 man alliance bandwagoners who were part of the war before the alliance that leader comes from chose to enter the war on the winning sight aggressively for the second time in a row against the same alliance, and then is surprised that 12 man alliance is honoring their only MDoAP, I think not even God rewriting the bible will have any rationale impact on the alliance anymore.
[/quote]

Trust me I have nothing but contempt for your scum sucking little alliance and what you tried to pull
You saw us entangled with IRON, OG and Zenith and thought you could help yourselves, and then attempted to do so without even an informal hello, yet alone a DoW, ok so FH were a little late but you guys never bothered at all

Your alliance is beneath my contempt and its a huge pity that the current clusterfrack is allowing you to get away scot free

[quote name='SynthFG' date='13 April 2010 - 05:51 PM' timestamp='1271195467' post='2259169']

[/quote]
Right war with Gramlins should be an absolute last resort. In fact war may be the only thing that can save them from disbanding by making its members feel like they need to defend. No their are other ways to deal with this.

[quote name='SynthFG' date='14 April 2010 - 12:16 AM' timestamp='1271196997' post='2259202']
Trust me I have nothing but contempt for your scum sucking little alliance and what you tried to pull
You saw us entangled with IRON, OG and Zenith and thought you could help yourselves, and then attempted to do so without even an informal hello, yet alone a DoW, ok so FH were a little late but you guys never bothered at all

Your alliance is beneath my contempt and its a huge pity that the current clusterfrack is allowing you to get away scot free
[/quote]
Lol, posts like this make this thread so very special.

If you bandwagon against our only ally, even on the winning side, expect that we will defend that ally. I know you guys thought the bandwagoning would be easier for you if you choose an alliance already at war with about 30 others, so sorry you actually had to lose some of that well horded tech of yours. But that's the risk of bandwagoning :awesome:

Still, I must say I consider it a huge compliment that us defending IRON with our 12 nations while we were at war with about 20 alliances before you bandwagoned in had such a great impact on you :smug:

Edited by shilo

[quote name='SynthFG' date='13 April 2010 - 06:16 PM' timestamp='1271196997' post='2259202']

[/quote]
It is unbelievably rich to read a former Gramlins government member openly complaining about an alliance being opportunistic by declaring on another who is already outnumbered. I may be wrong but I don't think Gramlins has once in it's entire existence done anything but this very move. The irony might actually kill me. :)

[quote name='SynthFG' date='14 April 2010 - 12:16 AM' timestamp='1271196997' post='2259202']

[/quote]

You are a Member of MK now, yet you talk like you were still in Grämlins. Why did you leave in first place? Because you can't take the heat?

I don't get your post. DAWN is a small alliance. How can they help themselves by hitting Grämlins? What do they gain? Tech? Land? In a nuclear war with Grämlins?
No, they joined the war, because IRON was in need, there is no evil motive, and there is no way, you can make them look bad.

That said, they don't need to post a DoW. I'd post one, but I also have treaties when I go to war. You didn't have treaties when you entered the war. You claim, you have friendships, and it's your sovereign right to defend your friends. It's their sovereign right to go to war without posting a DoW. That doesn't make them scum.

[quote name='SynthFG' date='13 April 2010 - 05:16 PM' timestamp='1271196997' post='2259202']

[/quote]

Way to stay classy. I assume we won't be getting a Christmas card from you?

[quote name='SynthFG' date='13 April 2010 - 11:16 PM' timestamp='1271196997' post='2259202']

[/quote]

You're so full of it, it's coming out of your ears. Say, have you properly surrendered before joining MK or you've taken advantage of this "current clusterfrack" to jump ship "without even an informal hello" before your nice little infra gets damaged?

[quote name='scutterbug' date='13 April 2010 - 05:26 PM' timestamp='1271193954' post='2259123']
I fail to see anything militarily currently being provided to Ramlins. Please tell me how we can support them militarily when we are offering nothing?

Im sure you can do better than silly little arguments like that.
[/quote]
The fact is that you have a military treaty with them, try to refrain from killing your own arguement.

[quote name='hizzy' date='13 April 2010 - 05:57 PM' timestamp='1271195820' post='2259180']
All I've got to say on this is that hopefully people will finally learn that no matter how much you "wub" eachother (you silly little school girls, you), an eternal treaty is just a retarded idea.
[/quote]
lol, I love you hizzy

[quote name='BlkAK47002' date='13 April 2010 - 11:35 PM' timestamp='1271198101' post='2259227']
The fact is that you have a military treaty with them, try to refrain from killing your own arguement.
[/quote]

A military treaty that currently isn't being activated due to IRON agreeing to terms with us and everybody else except Gre.
A military treaty that won't be activated because IRON have told our government they wont be calling in any friends as they dont want things to escalate into another clusterbomb of a big war.

I just won my own argument.

Until any ally of IRON gets asked to come in then and only then might you see some support from MHA. Until then we are just another angry party and starting to suffer our own name dragged through mud thanks to Ram and his big old ego. Its great to see people target the only paper ally Ramlins currently hold. But this conflict is between IRON/Ramlins. Everybody else is merely on the byline waiting for IRON to win this. At the current rate of Ramlin members leaving it wont be long before they will be surrendering.

Continue speculating as you so wish but we can go blue in the face going over any and all outcomes of what may/may not happen in this conflict.

[quote name='SynthFG' date='13 April 2010 - 05:51 PM' timestamp='1271195467' post='2259169']
[/quote]
Nevermind the fact that IRON has been at war for 2 months prior to your former alliance's draconian and incomprehensible cry for attention. It's the above 30K NS nations in Gramlins that keep IRON and DAWN in a state of permanent stalemate.

[quote name='SynthFG' date='13 April 2010 - 06:16 PM' timestamp='1271196997' post='2259202']

Your alliance is beneath my contempt [b]and its a huge pity that the current clusterfrack is allowing you to get away scot free[/b]
[/quote]
Well isn't that special? Seems you missed the reps terms doled out to DAWN as part of the overall terms that are currently on hold cause of Gramlins. Is that really scot free? Why DAWN would be chided for honoring their treaty with IRON when the odds were very much against them is just stunning. No one would have thought less of DAWN if they had not entered the war militarily and yet they did, fought gallantly, and still fight.

[quote name='TheSyl' date='13 April 2010 - 05:46 PM' timestamp='1271198764' post='2259237']
The Gremlins treatment of IRON is completely unacceptable. God be with them when the tides turn.
[/quote]

I could have sworn we're still in this fight also. :P

[quote name='Booter' date='14 April 2010 - 12:51 AM' timestamp='1271199060' post='2259246']
I could have sworn we're still in this fight also. :P
[/quote]
Yes, but we are bandwagoning scum :lol1:

[quote name='scutterbug' date='13 April 2010 - 06:42 PM' timestamp='1271198536' post='2259233']
A military treaty that currently isn't being activated due to IRON agreeing to terms with us and everybody else except Gre.
A military treaty that won't be activated because IRON have told our government they wont be calling in any friends as they dont want things to escalate into another clusterbomb of a big war.

I just won my own argument.

Until any ally of IRON gets asked to come in then and only then might you see some support from MHA. Until then we are just another angry party and starting to suffer our own name dragged through mud thanks to Ram and his big old ego. Its great to see people target the only paper ally Ramlins currently hold. But this conflict is between IRON/Ramlins. Everybody else is merely on the byline waiting for IRON to win this. At the current rate of Ramlin members leaving it wont be long before they will be surrendering.

Continue speculating as you so wish but we can go blue in the face going over any and all outcomes of what may/may not happen in this conflict.
[/quote]
The comment you responded to that started this debate was speculation, I'm not accusing MHA of anything except that fact that your treaty with them will call you to their defense if attacked. Thats the point that was being made from the beggining. Most of this thread will consist of speculation because for the most part the major conflict is over. It's just a few alliances skirmishing now. This allows us to look towards the future using facts and reasoning and evidence that we have now. Therefore we shall SPECULATE!

Anyone willing to jump on Ramlins isn't concerned about MHA.
It's surrender terms preventing it.

Edit: on another note, I know Ramirus has stated previously that he'd ignore Harmlins to attack MHA if they deserved it. I can probably dig that quote up if you like.

Edited by janax

[quote name='franciscus' date='13 April 2010 - 06:34 PM' timestamp='1271198032' post='2259225']
You're so full of it, it's coming out of your ears. Say, have you properly surrendered before joining MK or you've taken advantage of this "current clusterfrack" to jump ship "without even an informal hello" before your nice little infra gets damaged?
[/quote]
Hahah, don't even bother with this.

[quote name='Sandwich Controversy' date='14 April 2010 - 01:02 AM' timestamp='1271199728' post='2259259']
Hahah, don't even bother with this.
[/quote]
Don't worry, we don't either. I think we can all agree that we have absolutely no problem with him applying at MK, I think PR seems to be his strong suit incase you got a job opening there :awesome:

[quote name='supercoolyellow' date='13 April 2010 - 11:57 AM' timestamp='1271156210' post='2258587']
Starfox when six different people call you out like this, two of which were on your side of the war, you know you're pretty wrong.
[/quote]
While we may have been on the same side, we were not fighting with them or for them. We supported PC...and only PC.

[quote name='Baldr' date='13 April 2010 - 12:10 PM' timestamp='1271157019' post='2258589']
Starfox's position is logically clear. Gramlins are being scumbags, and \m/ traditionally supports the scumbag position on any given issue. Makes sense to me.
[/quote]
Actually, this is incorrect. I don't support what Gramlins is doing, which is the mistake everyone made when they dog piled on my statement. I'm just unable to activate my empathy, for a group of people who supported doing this to others.

You and I both know Gramlins won't keep this going for forever, or even much longer. I think this whole thing is a stupid situation.

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' date='13 April 2010 - 03:08 PM' timestamp='1271167721' post='2258673']
[color="#0000FF"]Now I don't agree with Fox on this one either, but seriously, I don't think he cares whether or not he has your approval.[/color]
[/quote]
I don't. :)

[quote name='Ashoka the Great' date='13 April 2010 - 04:43 PM' timestamp='1271173403' post='2258742']
I'm not whining, I've never supported eternal wars and yet I think Gramlins have genuinely blown it on this matter. Were my alliance tied to them I would be working very hard to undo said ties.

However....

If you are referring to IRON & Co., then yes. They certainly did support the NPO's eternal wars. As did Gramlins and everyone else who was once a member of or affiliated with the Continuum. (And no, I don't care who said what in private or public about which war. If something really bothers you, you vote with your feet. Otherwise, you're just another pixel-hugging windbag.)

But so what? Two wrongs make a right? Is that really your point?
[/quote]
I was referring to IRON and Co. I have not read near enough of this thread to remember or know any of your stances.

[quote name='The AUT' date='13 April 2010 - 11:28 PM' timestamp='1271194105' post='2259127']
(Unless there is something I am missing, then I apologize)
[/quote]

About 50 pages, several MHA members posts, and some grasp of this situation.

But other than that, way to go with antagonizing a side that's been trying to help. If you don't know how - see above.

[quote name='janax' date='14 April 2010 - 12:57 AM' timestamp='1271199447' post='2259251']
Anyone willing to jump on Ramlins isn't concerned about MHA.
It's surrender terms preventing it.

Edit: on another note, I know Ramirus has stated previously that he'd ignore Harmlins to attack MHA if they deserved it. I can probably dig that quote up if you like.
[/quote]
Was there no re-entering clause?

Also - please do, would be helluva read. If it exists.

[quote name='Starfox101' date='14 April 2010 - 12:10 AM' timestamp='1271200202' post='2259272']
Actually, this is incorrect. I don't support what Gramlins is doing, which is the mistake everyone made when they dog piled on my statement. I'm just unable to activate my empathy, for a group of people who supported doing this to others.

I was referring to IRON and Co. I have not read near enough of this thread to remember or know any of your stances.
[/quote]

I presume you would tarnish everyone who was ever in Continuum or allied to NPO with the same brush? Regardless I believe Karma was labelled the war of retribution, this one was about something else entirely. Just as attitudes in CN have changed since that period, attitudes in IRON have also, I'll not deny that mistakes were made in that period but I do think it is unfair for you to label us as the same alliance we were way back then, we have been through a lot since then and our attitudes and outlook on CN have changed significantly.

Perhaps you shall get a demonstration of this when we defeat Gremlins ^_^