Changing the Sheets

[center][img]http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z286/Vielwerth/Announcementbanner.png[/img][/center][center]
[/center][center]After much deliberating, arguing, signing up and running, the [s]Untied[/s] United Commonwealth of Nations has officially elected it's newly elected electoral body of elections. So, instead of rambling on with meaningless nonsense, I present to you the bunny-snuggle-less UCN Council:[/center][center]
[/center][center][b]Prime Minister[/b][/center][center]Minister of Silly Walks[/center][center]
[/center][center][b]Council[/b][/center][center]O-Dog[/center][center]Ernesto Che Guevara (That's me)[/center][center]
[/center][center]Now, some of you may be wondering what all this "Council" and "Prime Minister" and "election" stuff is. Well, listen up Pinko; UCN has had yet another change. I am here to unveil, announce, inform and release information regarding our new government structure, as chosen by the people (HA!) of UCN.[/center][center]
[/center][center][quote][font="Helvetica, Arial,"]The Council[/font][/center][color="#728D9C"][font="Helvetica, Arial,"][center]- A body of 3 members, headed by the Prime Minister (council member with most votes).[/center][center]- Legislative Body of the UCN[/center][center]- Term: 2 Months, and elected with an "at large" system. Voters are presented with a single ballot containing all the candidates, where they vote for their top three choices. The top vote getter becomes Prime Minister, and places 2 and 3 round out the rest of the Council. [/center][center]- If necessary, council members may serve in a maximum of one of the appointed positions (included Ministerships)[/center][center]- Votes on general policies and laws for the UCN[/center][center]- All three have IRC founder[/center][center]- Impeachment Procedure:[/center][center]1. Any Council Member or the Minister can initiate impeachment procedures[/center][center]2. The entire Council begin a PUBLIC Q/A session with the impeached member[/center][center]3. Afterwhich, if the Council votes on impeachment, it passes with a 2/3rds vote. [/center][center]4. If impeached, the impeached member will return to Full Member status and the seat will be open until next election, unless there is a need for someone to hold the position, in which case the PM will appoint someone.[/center][center]
[/center][center]The Bureaucracy[/center][center]- All four Ministers, Defence, Foreign Affairs, Finance and Interior[/center][center]- Defence: In charge of all military matters, the defence of UCN, and official war policy.[/center][center]- Foreign Affairs: All diplomatic issues, treaties and relations with other alliances, including Ambassadors are handled here as well.[/center][center]- Finance: Provides the UCN Banking Program, War Aid Fund, and other loan and aid programs as well as Tech Deals.[/center][center]- Interior: Recruiting, Masking, Tracking, Mentoring Members.[/center][center]- Term : 2 Months[/center][center]- Appointed by the PM, with the Council confirming.[/center][center]- Each is the head of their own ministry[/center][center]- Has autonomy to run their own ministry in the best interests of the UCN, including making alliance-wide policies that concern their Ministry, with veto power from the PM.[/center][center]- Impeachment Procedure:[/center][center]1. Another Minister, Councilor or PM must initiate impeachment procedures[/center][center]2. Same procedures as the Council, but that Minister's Deputy will take over.[/center][center]3. If there is no Deputy, the PM will appoint someone with Council consent[/center][center]
[/center][center]Declarations of War and Treaty Procedure[/center][center]- Introduced to the Council by the Exterior Minister.[/center][center]- Voted upon by the Council, passed with a unanimous vote (DoW's) or a majority vote (Treaties)[/center][center]
[/center][center]The Commonwealth Security Division Director[/center][center]- Under the command of the MOI[/center][center]- Appointed by the MoM, can be vetoed or removed by the PM[/center][center]- Term: In office until removed by the MoI/PM or a new MoI is appointed[/center][center]
[/center][center]The Trade Director[/center][center]- Under the command of the MoF[/center][center]- Appointed by the MoF, can be vetoed or removed by the PM[/center][center]- Term: In office until removed by the MoF/PM or a new MoF is appointed[/center][center]
[/center][center]The Crisis Chain of Command[/center][center]- In the event of absence of officials during a war, the chain of command is as follows:[/center][center]- Prime Minister[/center][center]- Minister of Defense[/center][center]- Minister of Foreign Affairs[/center][center]- Council Members[/center][center]- Minister of Finance[/center][center]- Minister of Interior[/center][/font][/color][center][font="Helvetica, Arial,"][color=#728D9C][color=#000000][color=#728D9C]- Deputy Minister of Defense -[/color][/quote][/color][/color][/font][/center][center][font="Helvetica, Arial,"][/font][/center][center]
[/center][center]With all these changes, two important questions have been raised: First, why the change? Well, to sum up our old governments efficiency, I post a diagram describing it. By diagram, I mean a picture.[/center][center] [img]http://www.wusa9.com/news/columnist/blogs/uploaded_images/GA-Floods-fire-engine-2-736717.jpg[/img][/center][center]
[/center][center][center]Yes, old UCN gov was about as efficient as a firetruck stuck in a flood. The other question is, [/center][center]"Even with this fancy announcement, will ANYBODY care about us?" The answer? No, not really.[/center][/center][center]
[/center][center]tl;dr, UCN has a new government and government structure. [/center][center]
[/center][center]
[/center]

Edited by Ernesto Che Guevara

[quote name='Borimir Resurrected' date='07 March 2010 - 05:56 PM' timestamp='1268006482' post='2217339']
Who the $%&@ is UCN? I don't care about you.
[/quote]

Perhaps this picture will refresh your memory:

[img]http://lefteyeonthemedia.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/hurricane-katrina-victims.jpg[/img]

[quote name='Emperador del Oeste' date='07 March 2010 - 06:57 PM' timestamp='1268006561' post='2217340']
Perhaps this picture will refresh your memory:

[img]http://lefteyeonthemedia.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/hurricane-katrina-victims.jpg[/img]
[/quote]
Oh! In that case, congratulations :wub:

Also
[quote]I present to you the [b]bunny-snuggle-less[/b] UCN Council[/quote]
<_<

[quote name='Emperor Marx' date='07 March 2010 - 06:30 PM' timestamp='1268015707' post='2217467']
I think I care. While I decide on whether or not I do, congratulations to the new government.
[/quote]

That is, by far, the closest we have ever been to getting a compliment from \m/. I feel so...so...so special.