Karma for Sparta

Alterego

607 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

[quote name='Starfox101' date='04 March 2010 - 04:40 AM' timestamp='1267699431' post='2213588']
I'll apologize for that one. I just simply recall a guy with AA doing that. I'll have to go back and check and see who it was sometime. Either way, you were a member for two weeks you said? Credit enough to me, then. Two weeks as a member doesn't qualify you as someone to say "We in Vox didn't win," because you weren't around to even know what happened. We had around 200 members, some loyal to the cause, most not. The exodus of nations at the point when you and most others gave up nearly killed Vox, but luckily we had people such as myself, Doitzel, Schattenmann, etc, who remained loyal to the cause after it became obvious the movement wasn't going to win.

Finally, you claim Vox did "nothing" for those 10 months, which is ridiculous. Each of us put in a good thousand posts or so for the cause and many, many hours, and overcame the odds. It was hardly nothing. So, please don't use "we" when talking about Vox if you can't even respect the achievements that we accomplished far after the two week mark.[/quote]
Vox did some propaganda, but that doesn't win wars.

[quote]Oh, you caught me! I made it all up! Since I've never saved any and remembered which thread they were in, they don't exist.[/quote]
NPO said they loved everyone and never would do anything to hurt anybody. Of course, I'm not going to find any evidence because I never saved any of the quotes nor remembered which threads they were in.

[quote]It hardly makes a difference to me whether you attack now, or attack later, and I'm not really trying to bait anyone, I'm a third party here. I just think it's ridiculous to run around calling on others to destroy an alliance that has...done what, exactly? Alright, I'll pretend they are the Spartan menace for a second here. I just think it's ridiculous you're going around calling for the demise of the Spartan menace when you aren't even willing to fight them yourself. [/quote]
For me personally, I don't really like Sparta, but my FA goal isn't to see them destroyed. I also don't hold grudges, which means if they make some changes, then I'll reset my opinion of them. I did it with Valhalla and Old Guard after ZI'ing me. I did it with IRON after WotC and Karma. I'm still waiting on NPO to see what they do when they're not obligatorily neutral.

[quote]You're basically just openly admitting your plan is to hide in the political backrooms signing as many treaties as possible so that you can fight them when you know you have an advantage. Yeah, great tactic. Sparta is going to beat you at that game, like they've done before. Why do you think this thread even exists? Because they outmanuevered your side time and time again and have come out on top? Well, hey, good luck. I remember how well that openly Anti-MK coalition did. Gathered up a real "secret coalition," waiting for the right time to strike the new "hegemony," and then they finally made their move and were soundly defeated. Have fun - there's a reason you can't do anything besides cry about them and hide hoping others will answer the call, it's because you're all afraid. If Sparta was as bad as you guys pretend, it'd be easy to destroy them by politically isolating them, and then striking. What would I do in your situation if I hated the Spartan menace? I'd declare war and do anything I personally could to weaken their power base, but that's the difference between me and the anti-Sparta crowd, I guess, as I will back up my words and will fight, not call for their death while not fighting them myself.[/quote]
Yes, and NPO will never lose a war because they're too good for that. Oh wait.

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Hiro Nakara' date='04 March 2010 - 07:37 PM' timestamp='1267731636' post='2213899']
Ahh like others in this thread, they must have misstaken your constant moaning and bawwing in this thread/other threads showing your hatred for Sparta, You can see how people would assume you wanted to do them harm, but lacked the testicular fortitude to do anything about it, other than be obsessed and post such hatred frequently. My bad for confusing your sarcasm for actual intent or lack of it.[/quote]

I forgive you.

[quote]

Regards,

Hiro
Supreme overlord of everything
Number 1 Hero
Killer of whales
Punisher of kittens
Beholder of the BS meter.
[/quote]
Cute or creepy? Time will tell

[quote name='Hiro Nakara' date='04 March 2010 - 01:37 PM' timestamp='1267731636' post='2213899']
Hiro
Supreme overlord of everything
Number 1 Hero
Killer of whales
Punisher of kittens
Beholder of the BS meter.
[/quote]

My hero. :wub:

How's it going boss?

Oh, sorry, 3-6 months.

Down with Sparta,
ra ra ree, kick 'em in the knee
ra ra rass, kick 'em in the other knee...

I want Sparta to write me a personal apology posted on OWF for all to see for not letting this thread die, or I really do hope they get rolled. As well as reparations of 500 tech 4 months from now, to be paid to me fully in a signed agreement.

Edited by Methrage

[quote name='Alterego' date='04 March 2010 - 05:56 PM' timestamp='1267725573' post='2213798']
If you dont like people speaking their mind why dont you do something about it.

Say it, dont spray it.
[/quote]
Speak your mind all you want, just don't call for an alliance to be attacked when you won't do it yourself. I'm not going around calling for BAPS to be crushed. Your point would have worked had I done that, but I didn't. I called for you to make good on your word.

So, you aren't as clever as you think.

Also, I've always backed up my words. Just ask my enemies.

[quote name='Starfox101' date='05 March 2010 - 03:13 AM' timestamp='1267759089' post='2214469']
Speak your mind all you want, just don't call for an alliance to be attacked when you won't do it yourself. I'm not going around calling for BAPS to be crushed. Your point would have worked had I done that, but I didn't. I called for you to make good on your word.

So, you aren't as clever as you think.

Also, I've always backed up my words. Just ask my enemies.
[/quote]
There is a big difference between what I said and what you said. I didnt call on anyone to attack Sparta, I was wondering If jumping the Q ship 5 days before the war got them a clean slate or will the past come back to haunt them. Their is no statute of limitations on Bob as has been proved by the Karma war with the return of heavy reps from past wars being demanded. Sparta were part of this group, they avoided getting what others apparently deserved for the same thing (being enabler alliances). So here we are today, Sparta, former Q core member has recieved reps and are asking for reps that will probably exceed $2 billion and I ask will the crimes they have committed and continue to commit come back to bite them. Unless Im mistaken Sparta are the only alliance from Q who have never repented, took a kicking or changed their hegemony ways.

You are free to call on anyone you want to be crushed but try and pick someone with a long history of activities that would have got them crushed or are deserving of being crushed by the definitions set out by Karma. You can just pick a small alliance of a guy you dont like and try to get them crushed, thats your prerogative. I also not trying to be clever, especially when Im cheeky. I leave the tyring to be clever stuff to the people who think they own this forum and regularly tell people to get off the forum or shut up and stop posting. I could never be as clever or would want to be as clever as that.

Edited by Alterego

[quote name='Prime minister Johns' date='04 March 2010 - 12:11 PM' timestamp='1267704987' post='2213608']
Not everyone is taking the path of the warmonger with this.
I still believe Sparta has not yet crossed the point of no return.
The only misgiving I have with Sparta is they demand too much reps.
And I hope that they change this policy when they see that it is unpopular.
[/quote]

To be honest, other than the high profile cases recently, Sparta hasn't been that high a rep demander. They'd be ranked 16th in reps taken if you count all rep money as 3m=100tech, which is just a little bit above Poison Clan.

Edited by Letum

[quote name='Ian Dox' date='05 March 2010 - 12:16 AM' timestamp='1267748447' post='2214253']
My hero. :wub:

How's it going boss?

Oh, sorry, 3-6 months.

Down with Sparta,
ra ra ree, kick 'em in the knee
ra ra rass, kick 'em in the other knee...
[/quote]

Much :wub: for Ian Dox who is :awesome:

[quote name='Letum' date='05 March 2010 - 02:23 AM' timestamp='1267781266' post='2214736']
To be honest, other than the high profile cases recently, Sparta hasn't been that high a rep demander. They'd be ranked 16th in reps taken if you count all rep money as 3m=100tech, which is just a little bit above Poison Clan.
[/quote]

Is there a public posting of this information, or do I have to compile the amounts myself?

[quote name='Scorn' date='05 March 2010 - 10:24 AM' timestamp='1267784962' post='2214750']
Is there a public posting of this information, or do I have to compile the amounts myself?
[/quote]

I've added it up. If anyone wants it, they can PM me a kiss and I'll send it to them.

didnt have the patience to read the entire thread....

If Sparta has learnt anything from TOP and IRON during their time in Q, then they should preemptively attack BAPS. One of their members started this topic, allowing other OWF posters to bash Sparta, which is a threat to the security of Sparta. :P

[quote name='raasaa' date='05 March 2010 - 11:31 AM' timestamp='1267788942' post='2214763']
didnt have the patience to read the entire thread....

If Sparta has learnt anything from TOP and IRON during their time in Q, then they should preemptively attack BAPS. One of their members started this topic, allowing other OWF posters to bash Sparta, which is a threat to the security of Sparta. :P
[/quote]

I am sure Sparta learned, however question remains, would they be able to cancel and declare right after the cancellation expires on any current allies in the move in order to get some profit out of it? I don't think so, that's why it won't happen :P

[quote name='Lusitan' date='05 March 2010 - 07:07 AM' timestamp='1267791136' post='2214773']
I am sure Sparta learned, however question remains, would they be able to cancel and declare right after the cancellation expires on any current allies in the move in order to get some profit out of it? I don't think so, that's why it won't happen :P
[/quote]
that is far better than ignoring a current treaty partner even though you are currently not engaged in any wars, only you cos you like the other side better :rolleyes:

[quote name='raasaa' date='05 March 2010 - 12:24 PM' timestamp='1267792154' post='2214776']
that is far better than ignoring a current treaty partner even though you are currently not engaged in any wars, only you cos you like the other side better :rolleyes:
[/quote]

No it's not :P

Imagine what MCXA did to Polar in WoTC. Double it, because Sparta didn't just cancel a bloc MDoAP, they cancellend an individual MDP too. And then, instead of getting 2 months in between cancellation and declaration, get only 3 days . Now have the war already rolling in between :rolleyes:

What you say is abandoning a treaty partner... according to your perspective MCXA did worse than that, they betrayed Polar. Sparta completelly topped everything in that perspective :P

[quote name='Lusitan' date='05 March 2010 - 07:31 AM' timestamp='1267792590' post='2214779']
No it's not :P

Imagine what MCXA did to Polar in WoTC. Double it, because Sparta didn't just cancel a bloc MDoAP, they cancellend an individual MDP too. And then, instead of getting 2 months in between cancellation and declaration, get only 3 days . Now have the war already rolling in between :rolleyes:

What you say is abandoning a treaty partner... according to your perspective MCXA did worse than that, they betrayed Polar. Sparta completelly topped everything in that perspective :P
[/quote]
errm no, i was referring to TOP - IRON, TOP - MCXA during Karma war...and TOP - Umbrella in the NpO - \m/ war. :P

[quote name='raasaa' date='05 March 2010 - 03:40 PM' timestamp='1267803917' post='2214897']
errm no, i was referring to TOP - IRON, TOP - MCXA during Karma war...and TOP - Umbrella in the NpO - \m/ war. :P
[/quote]

I don't think TOP was the first party to ever break the Lux Aeterna.. not saying it is right, but the treaty had been broken since Karma War when everyone else (Umbrella, FCC, Argent and Grämlins) but exactly TOP broke the treaty by declaring on direct allies of Old Guard. TOP breaking the Lux Aeterna this time only made it even :P

[quote name='Letum' date='05 March 2010 - 04:28 AM' timestamp='1267785164' post='2214751']
I've added it up. If anyone wants it, they can PM me a kiss and I'll send it to them.
[/quote]

I'd like to see it, but I'll be wanting to subcontract that kiss....

[img]http://www.popartuk.com/g/l/lghr16034+hot-lips-pink-lips-poster.jpg[/img]

[quote name='commander thrawn' date='02 March 2010 - 05:29 PM' timestamp='1267569257' post='2211784']
A good diplomat earns respect, not niceties. Honesty not pampering. Basically with Olaf you know where he stands, he will be lighthearted and honest if you are a friend, and downright epic when you aren't :awesome:
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]Is that so? You prefer honesty over niceties? Well, back when I was acting as Master of Lies for the Sith it seems you didn't appreciate our honesty over niceties approach. Oh well, who am I to hold you people to some standard of consistency?[/color]

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' date='05 March 2010 - 09:58 PM' timestamp='1267826592' post='2215190']
[color="#0000FF"]Is that so? You prefer honesty over niceties? Well, back when I was acting as Master of Lies for the Sith it seems you didn't appreciate our honesty over niceties approach. Oh well, who am I to hold you people to some standard of consistency?[/color]
[/quote]

I can't recall what you are referring to.

Edited by commander thrawn

[quote name='Auctor' date='05 March 2010 - 07:41 PM' timestamp='1267818379' post='2215069']
I'm pretty sure Argent wasn't in Citadel during Karma War.
[/quote]

My mistake. I seem to recall people worrying about DoWing on Argent because it'd pull TOP in, probably where my confusion spawned from.

However, it stands true for all the others.

[quote name='Letum' date='05 March 2010 - 04:23 AM' timestamp='1267781266' post='2214736']
[/quote]

Thank you, Letum, for being the one rational level-headed entity among the opposing parties.

Edited by Olaf Styke

[quote name='shahenshah' date='06 March 2010 - 10:54 AM' timestamp='1267869555' post='2215803']
Sparta has demanded reps because other side was 'rude' during 'war'..its one of the most absurd reasons for reps. Dont make it another dot on your rep, take some reps off Legion.
[/quote]
OOC: So you condone OOC attacks now? Good to know.