A Brosian Rant on the War and Assorted Other Things

bros

[quote name='Katsumi' date='23 February 2010 - 08:40 PM' timestamp='1266975818' post='2200249']
I remember that, the NPO regime trying to recruit Archon over. Maybe back when the NPO was stronger, that would have been a great idea. However, the hegemony that was defeated was a decayed and empty shell, a ghost in the image of once great alliances.
[/quote]

GGA was never really great while under the NPOs clutches.

Legion was the most hilarious of the alliances that turned to the NPO, I love Stockholm Syndrome.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote]On the war itself, TOP has acted rather silly, such as in the case of Trace, an MK member. Trace asked TOP if he could be allowed to slip into peace mode, due to RL problems. He came back recently and came out of peace mode.[/quote]
I don't really understand the reason for you being mad about this bros. The fact that TOP even let Trace slip into peace mode to deal with RL is pretty amazing in a war like this. Not that I necessarily disagree with it, but still..

Also, I miss our war.

[quote name='arentak' date='24 February 2010 - 12:33 AM' timestamp='1266971830' post='2200113']
Right, so TOP shows some class and compassion for a fellow human being and you mock us for it as we get screwed over for being the good guys. You're a ********.

Edit: Catching up

Yes, every opponent who wasn't in MK who I've faught has been less then entirely skilled. Now I've got a STA guy, so maybe I'll get to see some skill outside of MK opponents now.

In case I wasn't clear, MK does fight pretty good compared to everyone else I'm fighting.
[/quote]

In the first case, what we find silly is you telling Trace he has to allow 3 TOP nations to attack him. That is what Bros is ranting about. While letting him slip into Peace is a very good move, telling him that he has to let you guys Anarchy him because of letting him slip in Peace is highly stupid.

[quote name='President Obama' date='23 February 2010 - 10:47 PM' timestamp='1266983467' post='2200467']
I don't really understand the reason for you being mad about this bros. The fact that TOP even let Trace slip into peace mode to deal with RL is pretty amazing in a war like this. Not that I necessarily disagree with it, but still..

Also, I miss our war.
[/quote]

Our war was fun. My opponents are not fun this round. They are lifeless husks.

[quote name='Sir Keshav IV' date='23 February 2010 - 11:05 PM' timestamp='1266984541' post='2200494']
In the first case, what we find silly is you telling Trace he has to allow 3 TOP nations to attack him. That is what Bros is ranting about. While letting him slip into Peace is a very good move, telling him that he has to let you guys Anarchy him because of letting him slip in Peace is highly stupid.
[/quote]

This is what I meant to say. <3

your side has always been a bunch of complainers but i always thought this was due to you being on the losing side, now i see that youve got the victim mentality so deeply ingrained that no matter what supposedly evil acts you or your allies do you will just scream and carry on about us doing it 1st or try to redifine morality whenever its suits you.

Heres an idea for you bros, shut up and fight the war, your side is clearly smashing the other and yet they complain far less and act far more honourably then yours. Enjoy SuperComplaints reign as top dog as you undoubtably will be after youve mopped up the opposition, because if you can't even enjoy being the overlords of cn then whats the point of being up there!

It looks like things are how they always have been.
Might makes right and the winners dictate the terms of surrender to the losers.
As much as you may disagree with it, it is the way things are going to be done and it will take a EPIC war the likes of which would make every previous great war seem like Sunday school picnics to change this paradigm.

Also...
Fish paste spread on toast is better.

EDIT- On a side note I sincerely hope the reps are not record breaking again. The last thing we need to do is continue the silly tradition of wanting to set record breaking reps.

Edited by Prime minister Johns

[quote name='Katsumi' date='23 February 2010 - 07:40 PM' timestamp='1266975818' post='2200249']
I remember that, the NPO regime trying to recruit Archon over. Maybe back when the NPO was stronger, that would have been a great idea. However, the hegemony that was defeated was a decayed and empty shell, a ghost in the image of once great alliances.
[/quote]

Hegemony was defeated because a good portion of Hegemony bailed and attacked Hegemony. If Sparta/MHA/TOP/Grämlins had remained in the Continuum, then the Karma war would never have happened, because the numbers would have dictated letting OV fall.

[quote]On the war itself, TOP has acted rather silly, such as in the case of Trace, an MK member. Trace asked TOP if he could be allowed to slip into peace mode, due to RL problems. He came back recently and came out of peace mode. TOP proceeded to yell at him because they think they should've been able to attack him after he exited peace mode.[/quote]

On this point I'm with TOP
OG had a member with similar RL concerns shorthly after the war started,
after discussion we allowed said member to slip into peace mode forgoing the chance of taking advantage and simply raping that nation for resources and an easy win, we could have insisted he go POW and leave himself open, but knowing OG are an honorable alliance we trusted them to keep there word, something which they did

Should a nation in such a situation re-enter the war then the other side has the right to be extreemly annoyed at the abuse of there genarosity and understanding and to extract whatever vengance they see fit,

Edited by SynthFG

[quote name='SynthFG' date='24 February 2010 - 12:05 PM' timestamp='1267013327' post='2201264']
after discussion we allowed said member to slip into peace mode forgoing the chance of taking advantage and simply raping that nation for resources and an easy win, we could have insisted he go POW and leave himself open, but knowing OG are an honorable alliance we trusted them to keep there word, something which they did

Should a nation in such a situation re-enter the war then the other side has the right to be extreemly annoyed at the abuse of there genarosity and understanding and to extract whatever vengance they see fit,
[/quote]

TOP didn't tell him he can't re-enter. TOP okay'ed his peace and he did tell em he will be coming back. Its common sense he would get out of PM and attack.

[quote name='Sir Keshav IV' date='24 February 2010 - 06:36 AM' timestamp='1267015228' post='2201301']
TOP didn't tell him he can't re-enter. TOP okay'ed his peace and he did tell em he will be coming back. Its common sense he would get out of PM and attack.
[/quote]
Which is why he should never have been allowed into peace mode. Our mistake. Won't happen again.

[quote name='SynthFG' date='24 February 2010 - 07:05 AM' timestamp='1267013327' post='2201264']

[/quote]

There was never any confusion as to whether I'd be coming back in to the war, I made that very clear. Neither side is disputing that. I've had a lot of fun in this war, though I wish some of my targets would stop turtling, or even just throw CM's at me :(

I don't hold anything against TOP, and when I talked to penny, despite us not agreeing on viewpoints, there was no ill will there. Let's just stop trying to make an issue out of this, cause really it's been settled.

Also Feany baby, if you want to come hit me on the 27th or so, thats when my wars end and I'll be slipping to PM :P

Edited by Trace

[quote name='Feanor Noldorin' date='24 February 2010 - 12:00 PM' timestamp='1267031020' post='2201592']
I'm abit tied up at the moment. :P
[/quote]

I gave you three days warning! How long does it take you to get ready for a date?

[quote name='kenny the microwave' date='24 February 2010 - 01:14 AM' timestamp='1266992297' post='2200773']
your side has always been a bunch of complainers but i always thought this was due to you being on the losing side, now i see that youve got the victim mentality so deeply ingrained that no matter what supposedly evil acts you or your allies do you will just scream and carry on about us doing it 1st or try to redifine morality whenever its suits you.

Heres an idea for you bros, shut up and fight the war, your side is clearly smashing the other and yet they complain far less and act far more honourably then yours. Enjoy SuperComplaints reign as top dog as you undoubtably will be after youve mopped up the opposition, because if you can't even enjoy being the overlords of cn then whats the point of being up there!
[/quote]

Pffft. Well what kind of bloc would we be if we didn't live up to our name?

No victim mentality here, just the mentality of a longtime player.

I personally don't give a damn if we are the benevolent dictators of CN.

[quote name='Prime minister Johns' date='24 February 2010 - 03:33 AM' timestamp='1267000646' post='2201148']
It looks like things are how they always have been.
Might makes right and the winners dictate the terms of surrender to the losers.
As much as you may disagree with it, it is the way things are going to be done and it will take a EPIC war the likes of which would make every previous great war seem like Sunday school picnics to change this paradigm.

Also...
Fish paste spread on toast is better.

EDIT- On a side note I sincerely hope the reps are not record breaking again. The last thing we need to do is continue the silly tradition of wanting to set record breaking reps.
[/quote]

MK has a member named Might Makes Right.

You would expect TOP to get leniency for what they did? They had the most invalid reason for a war in CN history. They will receive back-breaking reparations. Few concessions will be made. We do not want to set record-breaking reps, but sometimes they must be set to teach a lesson.

Also fish paste on toast ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

[quote name='Tomcat' date='24 February 2010 - 05:24 AM' timestamp='1267007269' post='2201218']
The thing is, prodigal chieftain truly was the only good leader the GGA has ever had.
[/quote]

Yes he was. Godspeed PC

[quote name='Feanor Noldorin' date='24 February 2010 - 12:00 PM' timestamp='1267031020' post='2201592']
I'm abit tied up at the moment. :P
[/quote]

Kinky.

[quote name='Tomcat' date='24 February 2010 - 10:24 AM' timestamp='1267007269' post='2201218']
The thing is, prodigal chieftain truly was the only good leader the GGA has ever had.
[/quote]
He also claimed to be the second coming of Christ on numerous occasions. Not like how I make the funny and claim to be odd things. This dude was way, way more serious and crazy about it. GGA were accidentally successful while he was there by latching themselves onto LUE's belt and going for the ride.

[ooc]You should read his rants about another game's moderating staff. It's funny for a while then it gets scary and sad.

[quote name='Electron Sponge' date='24 February 2010 - 01:25 PM' timestamp='1267036114' post='2201750']
He also claimed to be the second coming of Christ on numerous occasions. Not like how I make the funny and claim to be odd things. This dude was way, way more serious and crazy about it. GGA were accidentally successful while he was there by latching themselves onto LUE's belt and going for the ride.

[ooc]You should read his rants about another game's moderating staff. It's funny for a while then it gets scary and sad.
[/quote]

Why can't we have a leader like Prodigal Chieftain without the messiah complex?

[quote name='bros2' date='24 February 2010 - 02:16 PM' timestamp='1267042783' post='2201894']
Why can't we have a leader like Prodigal Chieftain without the messiah complex?
[/quote]

Why would we want even that? Our politics are at their best when we battle over ideas, not personalities. Yeah, probably not happening anytime soon, but thought I'd throw that out there. :D

[quote name='Fantastico' date='24 February 2010 - 03:30 PM' timestamp='1267043621' post='2201912']
Why would we want even that? Our politics are at their best when we battle over ideas, not personalities. Yeah, probably not happening anytime soon, but thought I'd throw that out there. :D
[/quote]

You probably never basked in the glory of PC.

He was a bit loopy, yet entertaining.

Like an annoying younger brother... who is insane.

[quote name='bros2' date='24 February 2010 - 12:34 PM' timestamp='1267033101' post='2201644']

You would expect TOP to get leniency for what they did? They had the most invalid reason for a war in CN history. They will receive back-breaking reparations. Few concessions will be made. We do not want to set record-breaking reps, but sometimes they must be set to teach a lesson.

[/quote]

Lol, Then maybe MK and co should actually come out and offer terms. As if we will accept those back-breaking, record setting terms instead of nuking your block down for a few more months and turning TOP into a more potent resistance force than Vox could ever dream of. Why would we accept harsh terms like those you gave NPO when you clearly can't defeat us for a long time and we are having much more fun destroying your block. The fact is MK is still calling in alliances like FOK a month later when TOP is outnumbered, our backs are to the wall and no terms have been offered by your crowd.

But when you do get around to offering those harsh terms, and even if we do decide to accept them, it will be worth a fraction of the damage we've inflicted on you and yours. Your victory is our Pyrrhic victory, and harsh reps won't keep an alliance like TOP down for long either. Reps are over-rated, which is why TOP doesn't ask for them anymore, win lose or draw.

Besides, reps are for winners...

and you've already lost.

Edited by TonytheTiger

[quote name='bros2' date='25 February 2010 - 03:34 AM' timestamp='1267033101' post='2201644']
You would expect TOP to get leniency for what they did? They had the most invalid reason for a war in CN history. They will receive back-breaking reparations. Few concessions will be made. We do not want to set record-breaking reps, but sometimes they must be set to teach a lesson.[/quote]
Why would they accept record-breaking reparations? To me, it'd seem better to keep fighting til I couldn't anymore. I wouldn't want my nation to be someone's tech-farm for a year or more. $%&@ that for a joke.

Edited by Umar ibn Abd al-Aziz