A Brosian Rant on the War and Assorted Other Things

bros

[quote name='bros2' date='24 February 2010 - 09:34 AM' timestamp='1267033101' post='2201644']
You would expect TOP to get leniency for what they did? They had the most invalid reason for a war in CN history. They will receive back-breaking reparations. Few concessions will be made. We do not want to set record-breaking reps, but sometimes they must be set to teach a lesson.
[/quote]

Meet the new boss...same as the old boss. The Karma War was nothing but a way to change who was in charge. The more things change...

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='TonytheTiger' date='24 February 2010 - 05:15 PM' timestamp='1267049960' post='2202092']
Lol, Then maybe MK and co should actually come out and offer terms. As if we will accept those back-breaking, record setting terms instead of nuking your block down for a few more months and turning TOP into a more potent resistance force than Vox could ever dream of. Why would we accept harsh terms like those you gave NPO when you clearly can't defeat us for a long time and we are having much more fun destroying your block. The fact is MK is still calling in alliances like FOK a month later when TOP is outnumbered, our backs are to the wall and no terms have been offered by your crowd.

But when you do get around to offering those harsh terms, and even if we do decide to accept them, it will be worth a fraction of the damage we've inflicted on you and yours. Your victory is our Pyrrhic victory, and harsh reps won't keep an alliance like TOP down for long either. Reps are over-rated, which is why TOP doesn't ask for them anymore, win lose or draw.

Besides, reps are for winners...

and you've already lost.
[/quote]

We are having fun kicking your $@! too. Mutually assured destruction is fun for the whole family.

We didn't call in FOK, they decided to come in.

I love how TOP is playing the martyr card. Poor babies. Your precious infra is getting destroyed. That is what war is about. The victors get the spoils of war.

I fully expect TOP to be back in fighting shape 3-6 months after terms end. If they aren't, I will be surprised.

War is a humbling experience for both sides. And it releases frustrations that we hold for each other.

[quote name='Mechanus' date='24 February 2010 - 06:21 PM' timestamp='1267053887' post='2202163']
Meet the new boss...same as the old boss. The Karma War was nothing but a way to change who was in charge. The more things change...
[/quote]

NPO was pushy with their diplomacy. Rather inefficient banking.

I think MK can be best described as a benevolent dictatorship, externally and internally (although Archon listens to all members of the alliance)

As an aside, what does TOP think of peanut butter on toast? If TOP approves of that, or everything bagels with Cream Cheese, I think TOP will be able to be rehabilitated.

[quote name='Mechanus' date='24 February 2010 - 11:21 PM' timestamp='1267053887' post='2202163']
[/quote]

You know people like you argue like we attacked TOP with the reason "we don't like you".

It's too soon to revise the past, it's just been a few weeks.

Prodigal Chieftain a good emperor? I believe I agree with ES on this one, bros, in that GGA just happened to do well under his term. There is no way that 42 pound box of crazy was a competent ruler from what I remember.

[s]Posting in a bros topic[/s]

[quote name='D34th' date='23 February 2010 - 05:25 PM' timestamp='1266967738' post='2199966']
My point stands, declare war to keep a community standard(having the autority or not to do it) is one ofe the silliest reasons for war that you have seen? Because for bros2 is.
[/quote]
A community standard is something that has the approval of the majority of a community, not just Grub and some of his friends.

[quote name='Roadie' date='23 February 2010 - 06:01 PM' timestamp='1266969873' post='2200032']
No treaties is a valid CB? I've heard it all now. That means all of Bob has a CB against FAN.
[/quote]
FAN has secret treaties.

[quote name='hawk_11' date='24 February 2010 - 08:52 PM' timestamp='1267062980' post='2202375']
Prodigal Chieftain a good emperor? I believe I agree with ES on this one, bros, in that GGA just happened to do well under his term. There is no way that 42 pound box of crazy was a competent ruler from what I remember.

[s]Posting in a bros topic[/s]
[/quote]

42 pound boxes of crazy are better than 50 pound boxes of crazy

[quote name='arentak' date='24 February 2010 - 11:13 AM' timestamp='1267010248' post='2201244']
Hegemony was defeated because a good portion of Hegemony bailed and attacked Hegemony. If Sparta/MHA/TOP/Grämlins had remained in the Continuum, then the Karma war would never have happened, because the numbers would have dictated letting OV fall.
[/quote]

Grämlins never seemed like a good fit for Continuum, to be honest. I'm not sure why they were there except to avoid being attacked by Electron Sponge.

Even if the numbers were on Continuum's side, they weren't capable of fighting effectively unless they were overwhelming. Vox Populi dominated in propaganda, NPO nations largely didn't actually have enough money to fight a war, GGA had only one WRC owned by someone who got bill locked, and diplomacy between those alliances wasn't particularly great, considering the [i]en masse[/i] treaty cancellation over lack of communication on NPO's part. I can't think of one thing Continuum or One Vision did well in that time.

Sparta, FOK and MHA aren't particularly much better alliances. That war was going to happen no matter what, we all knew that. They just escaped the consequences.

[quote name='bros2' date='25 February 2010 - 01:51 AM' timestamp='1267059301' post='2202301']
We didn't call in FOK, they decided to come in.[/quote]

[quote name='bros2' date='25 February 2010 - 02:45 AM' timestamp='1267062554' post='2202365']
Ya. We appreciate their help because they are awesome folks, but it wasn't like "OMG FOK COME IN D: D:"
[/quote]

I think that you might have been misinformed.

Edited by Divi Filius

[quote name='Divi Filius' date='25 February 2010 - 05:08 AM' timestamp='1267092717' post='2202883']
I think that you might have been misinformed.
[/quote]

xd I forgot about that. it was so long ago.

but still, it seems more like your own decision rather than just honoring the treaty due to the length of time :D

<3

[quote name='Arthur Blair' date='24 February 2010 - 05:25 PM' timestamp='1267061347' post='2202342']
You know people like you argue like we attacked TOP with the reason "we don't like you".

It's too soon to revise the past, it's just been a few weeks.
[/quote]

I'm not arguing against any sort of attack against TOP. I'm merely commenting on what bros said and how much it points things right back to how it all was before Karma began:

[quote name='bros2' date='24 February 2010 - 09:34 AM' timestamp='1267033101' post='2201644']
You would expect TOP to get leniency for what they did? They had the most invalid reason for a war in CN history. They will receive back-breaking reparations. Few concessions will be made. We do not want to set record-breaking reps, but sometimes they must be set to teach a lesson.
[/quote]

[quote name='bros2' date='24 February 2010 - 07:51 PM' timestamp='1267059301' post='2202301']
As an aside, what does TOP think of peanut butter on toast? If TOP approves of that, or everything bagels with Cream Cheese, I think TOP will be able to be rehabilitated.
[/quote]
I personally love peanut butter on toast (and jelly for that matter).

[quote name='bros2' date='24 February 2010 - 07:51 PM' timestamp='1267059301' post='2202301']
Your precious infra is getting destroyed. That is what war is about. The victors get the spoils of war.
[/quote]
Eh, it was nice to have, not really that important. This war is fun.

[quote name='bros2' date='25 February 2010 - 05:15 AM' timestamp='1267096717' post='2202908']
xd I forgot about that. it was so long ago.

but still, it seems more like your own decision rather than just honoring the treaty due to the length of time :D

<3
[/quote]
Can we get a FOK member of gov to either confirm or deny this?

[quote name='Carl the Conqueror' date='25 February 2010 - 01:40 PM' timestamp='1267123418' post='2203264']
I personally love peanut butter on toast (and jelly for that matter).

Eh, it was nice to have, not really that important. This war is fun.
[/quote]

Good.

TOP can indeed be rehabilitated :P

[quote name='bzelger' date='25 February 2010 - 02:07 PM' timestamp='1267125070' post='2203301']
Are you working for the TOP propaganda department, bros? :wacko:
[/quote]

Nope. MK for lyfe

[quote name='The Big Bad' date='23 February 2010 - 03:44 PM' timestamp='1266958086' post='2199520']...The fact of the matter is no one will win this war. No doubt one side or the other will claim they have but, in the end this will be the very definition of a Pyrrhic victory for all sides.[/quote]
I must agree with your assessment and therefore urge all sides to consider whether your objectives have either been met or are realistically attainable at this point. Perhaps cease-fires can be arranged [on a small or large-scale basis] and means of honorable disengagement be sought. Later we might want to discuss what valid [i]casus belli[/i] actually is and how our various Defense Pacts should actually function. I would say that a major war starting on a hair-trigger of interlocking treaties should be evidence of failure of some kind.

[quote name='bros2' date='23 February 2010 - 04:15 PM' timestamp='1266959959' post='2199603']...The alliance that was raided held no treaties whatsoever, so yes, it was valid to attack them.

I'm not saying it was smart.

But it was valid.[/quote]
Elements of how this present conflict started reminds me of a [url="http://cybernations.wikia.com/wiki/Second_Great_War"]certain war[/url] from a while back...

[quote name='Walford' date='25 February 2010 - 04:14 PM' timestamp='1267132684' post='2203471']
I must agree with your assessment and therefore urge all sides to consider whether your objectives have either been met or are realistically attainable at this point. Perhaps cease-fires can be arranged [on a small or large-scale basis] and means of honorable disengagement be sought. Later we might want to discuss what valid [i]casus belli[/i] actually is and how our various Defense Pacts should actually function. I would say that a major war starting on a hair-trigger of interlocking treaties should be evidence of failure of some kind.

Elements of how this present conflict started reminds me of a [url="http://cybernations.wikia.com/wiki/Second_Great_War"]certain war[/url] from a while back...
[/quote]

sweet jumping jesus when did you get back.

Also, cease fires just give the enemy time to lick their wounds and are useless.

Also, it reminds me more of GW1 than GW2

[quote name='bros2' date='25 February 2010 - 04:35 PM' timestamp='1267133923' post='2203550']
sweet jumping jesus when did you get back.[/quote]
I never left; just been staying out of alliance politics. This current war is causing me annoyance.

[quote]Also, cease fires just give the enemy time to lick their wounds and are useless. Also, it reminds me more of GW1 than GW2[/quote]
The cease-fire idea is not critical to what I suggest. I wonder whether reviewing how this war started is productive with respect to how it can end. Perhaps we can review where we are now and compare the various combatants' objectives as a means to winding things down.

[quote name='Walford' date='25 February 2010 - 04:58 PM' timestamp='1267135314' post='2203620']
I never left; just been staying out of alliance politics. This current war is causing me annoyance.

The cease-fire idea is not critical to what I suggest. I wonder whether reviewing how this war started is productive with respect to how it can end. Perhaps we can review where we are now and compare the various combatants' objectives as a means to winding things down.
[/quote]

What part of the war is causing you annoyance?

[quote name='bros2' date='24 February 2010 - 01:46 AM' timestamp='1266976188' post='2200257']
I love Stockholm Syndrome.
[/quote]

You read it here first, bros wants Vanguard and TOP treated again - One assumes because he wants Vanguard declaring on Vanguard.

Hegemonic villainy itt.

:smug:

[quote name='Katsumi' date='25 February 2010 - 12:29 AM' timestamp='1267075950' post='2202705']
Grämlins never seemed like a good fit for Continuum, to be honest. I'm not sure why they were there except to avoid being attacked by Electron Sponge.
[/quote]
That isn't why I lead my alliance politically into Continuum, I just felt the need to chime in on this subject. ;)