A Brosian Rant on the War and Assorted Other Things

bros

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Vladimir Stukov II' date='27 February 2010 - 12:46 PM' timestamp='1267292974' post='2206706']
Maybe you should stop crying about getting attacked and actually work on offering us terms.
[/quote]
Maybe you should stop crying about us not offering you terms.

See? I can do it too.

Edited by Penlugue Solaris

[quote name='Penlugue Solaris' date='27 February 2010 - 05:49 PM' timestamp='1267293209' post='2206711']
Maybe you should stop crying about us not offering you terms.

See? I can do it too. Stop !@#$%*ing.
[/quote]

Why do you guys keep crying about us crying about you crying that we attacked you?

[quote name='Vladimir Stukov II' date='27 February 2010 - 12:51 PM' timestamp='1267293289' post='2206713']
Why do you guys keep crying about us crying about you crying that we attacked you?
[/quote]
Why do you keep crying about us crying that you are crying about us crying that we attacked you?

[quote name='Zizka' date='26 February 2010 - 12:44 AM' timestamp='1267174055' post='2204735']
Apparently quite far enough. Look at the number of days the war has been going on - more then enough to exhaust even the most prepared nuclear stockpile. Is CnG, Sparta, and the rest of the vast coalition facing TOP still taking damage?

The vast majority of TOP members can also buy two nukes per day. Lets say, of those, one gets blocked and one gets through. The TOP member will (eventually) suffer no serious losses aside from tech (the infra at 1,000 costing a trivial amount) while the coalition losses infra worth multi-millions of dollars.

The longer you wait to offer TOP reps of any sort of reasonable amount, the less reason we have to accept them.
[/quote]
[quote name='Hayzell' date='26 February 2010 - 10:13 AM' timestamp='1267208193' post='2205123']
I think TOP is acutely aware of how war works. "Hit whatever you can get as quick as you can" - you mean like, our entrance into this war and everything we've been sending at you and our other opponent's for the past month? MK, you're coming down with us; you can stall peace talks into 2011 but we will not capitulate to douchebaggery. If you want to rend tech from our nations you'll have to eat nukes while you do it, and given your high infra: tech ratio, I think it's a favorable situation for us.
[/quote]

These arguments only make sense if the # of nations on our side is grossly underestimated. Even if we're losing more per day because of the scenario that doesn't change the fact that our total "nation strength" (I say that in terms of militaristic and economic power, not actual NS) will remain much higher than yours, and your situational advantage is at its peak right now (just getting to 1k infra). At the beginning of the war we were doing relatively equal damage because you had infra to lose. The past week it's been a bit unbalanced because you don't have much infra to lose. However over the next few weeks if terms aren't reached your tech will be whittled down. We have a multitude of nations switching in and out regaining part of their warchests. Sure we're losing more infra, but eventually you'll be at the point where you not only have minimal infra but your tech won't be significant enough to do much damage. We'll still have pretty high tech levels and far more nations which allows us to rebuild with our warchests that aren't being eaten as quickly.

Oh, and Hayzell, MK isn't afraid to take a beating if it means our allies are coming out of this miles above the opposition. So by all means keep focusing any firepower you do have on us.

Edited by Drai

[quote name='Feanor Noldorin' date='26 February 2010 - 08:07 PM' timestamp='1267233060' post='2205608']
Our tech is indeed better than yours.
[/quote]

Yours is so bountiful. It is like Kobe beef.

[quote name='TheNeverender' date='26 February 2010 - 09:31 PM' timestamp='1267238093' post='2205712']
Interestingly enough, bros doesn't actually make decisions regarding surrender terms. But then I'm sure you all knew that.
[/quote]

No, I don't. I am just the Castellan. If I made decisions, I have a feeling that MK might explode in 72 hours after I made a decision.

[quote name='TheNeverender' date='27 February 2010 - 02:12 AM' timestamp='1267254958' post='2206197']
I've repeatedly told everyone that I've been far too busy* and anyone who has actually bothered to ask (like your own MoFA, SkyGreenChick) knows that, with respect to MK at least, to speak with James I or SirWilliam concerning it. I've also repeatedly stated that I've been pretty much uninvolved in things. You'd think these facts would, you know, be paid attention to, given that everyone keeps being ever so eager for some news or other.

As for coalition leaders being unaware, again, I'd refer you to those two (or any other leaders with C&G who are actually dealing with it). We've yet to perfect perfect omniscience or omnipresence...give it some time.

*OOC: You folks attacked at a horrible time for me w.r.t. RL and I've had far more important and pressing matters than CN, hence having delegated most *everything* to other MK gov. I've also explained this repeatedly. It's strange how people seem to go deaf when repeating the same talking points...
[/quote]

I believe the constant chattering keeps only a few words running around in their skulls

[quote name='TheNeverender' date='27 February 2010 - 01:12 AM' timestamp='1267254958' post='2206197']
I've repeatedly told everyone that I've been far too busy* and anyone who has actually bothered to ask (like your own MoFA, SkyGreenChick)
[/quote]
You really must be out of the loop. Saber is our MoFA not Sky.

[quote name='Believland' date='27 February 2010 - 12:24 PM' timestamp='1267302505' post='2206862']
I see a lot of crying in this thread. One day it'll drown the whole world. Also, lol@CnG crying over first strike attacks.
[/quote]
Lol@you guys crying for peace/terms on a war you started.

[quote name='TheNeverender' date='27 February 2010 - 12:40 PM' timestamp='1267292642' post='2206695']
Actually, we're busy fighting the war you started. If you didn't want to be in this mess you shouldn't have started the war. Mindblowing concept, I know - this is some real original !@#$ right here. Regarding the content of your post, I was responding to this:
[/quote]

That's got nothing to do with it. You can't tell me your entire government(s) are so consumed with making target lists, parsing nations, discussing strategy, and what not that no one has enough free time to think about and come up with some rep ideas, and contact allied leadership. I mean, you might even have different departments in charge of military affairs and another in charge of foreign affairs or something. I think what you mean to say instead of "we're too busy fighting the war to come up with rep ideas" is "we don't think you've sufficiently lost enough NS to consider offering you terms". I don't really have a problem with the latter but would just prefer if the pretense was dropped, honest dialog is so much better than diplospeak.

[quote]I believe I had a rather simple way to tell you that. That your intellect struggled to comprehend it is not my problem.[/quote]

Ah, there's the condescending !@#$%^& I've come to love. All you did was claim that you're personally too busy to do anything regarding peace terms, and that everyone else is apparently too busy "fighting the war" to do anything regarding peace terms. Which is !@#$%^&*. I just thought I'd point that out. You can throw out all the convoluted excuses or try to debase that fact by calling it crying, but it's still a fact.

[quote]Regarding this comment:

That's not weird at all, if you take a moment to actually read it. "Having to" implies intent or need, and [i]not an action already completed[/i]. Or, more simply, it implies that not everyone has been spoken to yet. Thus it is quite natural that some individuals would be unaware that folks like you have been crying to anyone who would listen that you want peace terms. You might not have needed them, but your idols were busy starting one of the dumbest wars this planet has ever seen, so maybe you should try crying a little less. In fact, one of the original assailants appears to have already gotten peace - I imagine it wasn't because they weren't proclaiming "white peace or nothing!" and thus made the process quite a lot easier. Just a guess, though, I wouldn't actually know. Remember?
[/quote]

Point taken. I just didn't know it took weeks to get into contact with other leaders in one's coalition to form even a vague idea on something like peace terms. I guess I've been spoiled by being in actually well organized coalitions all this time.

[quote name='Feanor Noldorin' date='27 February 2010 - 02:55 PM' timestamp='1267300762' post='2206828']
You really must be out of the loop. Saber is our MoFA not Sky.
[/quote]

I love when I unironically prove my own points via sheer stupidity :P

[quote name='Believland' date='27 February 2010 - 01:23 PM' timestamp='1267306026' post='2206921']
Who is us guys? Come on now, Drai. You're better than that!
[/quote]
First time on my iPhone. Different layout, didn't check the name, sorry :(

[quote name='Drai' date='28 February 2010 - 12:18 AM' timestamp='1267316543' post='2207153']
[/quote]

Retardation is no excuse for your unjust defamation of my order!

... as if it could be conceived even in the most debased of minds that Beazy could ever be a member of Paradoxia.

I, good sir, am astonished.

You will write an apology to TOP in Dodo tears and in rhyming couplets.

The matter will then be considered closed.

[quote name='Penlugue Solaris' date='27 February 2010 - 07:16 PM' timestamp='1267316382' post='2207149']
Odds that Archon knows that Cortath is the Emperor of NPO: 50%.
[/quote]
I'll take that bet

[quote name='Drai' date='27 February 2010 - 07:18 PM' timestamp='1267316543' post='2207153']
[/quote]
I demand reps for emotional distress. The fact that TOP wasn't even my favorite alliance :(

[quote name='Some-Guy' date='28 February 2010 - 01:52 PM' timestamp='1267383336' post='2208608']
Retardation is no excuse for your unjust defamation of my order!

... as if it could be conceived even in the most debased of minds that Beazy could ever be a member of Paradoxia.

I, good sir, am astonished.

You will write an apology to TOP in Dodo tears and in rhyming couplets.

The matter will then be considered closed.
[/quote]
Someguy, you love me. You're just mad because I never voted for you.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Methrage' date='15 March 2010 - 05:42 AM' timestamp='1268646465' post='2226205']
If people listened to me rather than try couping me towards the end of my reign as King of FCC, Citadel would of won this war in my opinion. Or at least another war would of taken its place being won by Citadel. :P
[/quote]

Hail Methrage. Strategist extraordinaire.