Tabloid Tribune #156 | NPO ICA

Sir Paul

[quote name='Methrage' date='14 February 2010 - 03:59 AM' timestamp='1266119969' post='2180192']
Interesting theory, but since they didn't there is no proof either way. It was ODN who did a pre-emptive strike in that war, then in this one claim its unprecedented. Why do you think NPO would do that rather than wait to take advantage of the treaty web to the maximum like people are saying TOP should of done in this war?
[/quote]
Oh stop trying so hard, Methrage, you're hurting yourself.

You're arguing with individuals who were actually [i]planning[/i] that war, and know at [i]least[/i] infinitely more about that situation than you do. Not the best time to try and use a hypothetical.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very enjoyable issue. I particularly liked the comparison of TOP (and company)'s DoW on CnG to ODN's DoW on GOONS during GWIII. Honestly, it is a perfect comparison. In both cases, there were no treaties to justify the declarations, and in both cases the defending parties were not already at war. I expect given this inherent similarity, that just as the ODN became subject to the harshest after-war reparations ever due to that incident, so too will be the aggressors in this war launched against C&G.

[quote name='Sunstar' date='14 February 2010 - 04:04 AM' timestamp='1266120266' post='2180200']
Very enjoyable issue. I particularly liked the comparison of TOP (and company)'s DoW on CnG to ODN's DoW on GOONS during GWIII. Honestly, it is a perfect comparison. In both cases, there were no treaties to justify the declarations, and in both cases the defending parties were not already at war. I expect given this inherent similarity, that just as the ODN became subject to the harshest after-war reparations ever due to that incident, so too will be the aggressors in this war launched against C&G.
[/quote]
I thought that was LUE that was slated for those, although they disbanded...

[quote name='Sunstar' date='13 February 2010 - 11:04 PM' timestamp='1266120266' post='2180200']
[/quote]
Is that ODN's official policy on the issue considering your gov position, that you guys want to subject TOP & IRON to the harshest terms ever if you guys win this?

[quote name='Methrage' date='14 February 2010 - 04:10 AM' timestamp='1266120632' post='2180205']
Is that ODN's official policy on the issue considering your gov position, that you guys want to subject TOP & IRON to the harshest terms ever if you guys win this?
[/quote]
That would be hilarious.

It'd also be the first time the ODN would be in a position to demand reps (I believe) in their entire history!

Edited by Chron

[quote name='bakamitai' date='14 February 2010 - 04:01 AM' timestamp='1266120061' post='2180194']
Oh Sponge, you flirt. And on Valentine's Day too.

If you want to attack us, you know where we are. And I hear Grub's into that sort of thing these days.
[/quote]
I don't beat on the handicapped. Of course, my arguing with people on this forum could be considered just that. Plus Cortath is such a tragic figure he almost gets sympathy from me. Almost.

[quote name='Methrage' date='14 February 2010 - 03:59 AM' timestamp='1266119969' post='2180192']
Interesting theory, but since they didn't there is no proof either way. It was ODN who did a pre-emptive strike in that war, then in this one claim its unprecedented. Why do you think NPO would do that rather than wait to take advantage of the treaty web to the maximum like people are saying TOP should of done in this war?
[/quote]
It wasn't a pre-emptive strike. It was a declaration of war with valid [i]casus belli[/i].

[quote name='Chron' date='14 February 2010 - 04:11 AM' timestamp='1266120684' post='2180206']
That would be hilarious.

It'd also be the first time the ODN would be in a position to demand reps (I believe) in their entire history!
[/quote]
In the Great Patriotic War, they probably could have demanded reparations. We'd have turned them down just like we turned the others down, but they could have asked. They never did.

[quote name='Electron Sponge' date='14 February 2010 - 04:24 AM' timestamp='1266121487' post='2180215']

In the Great Patriotic War, they probably could have demanded reparations. We'd have turned them down just like we turned the others down, but they could have asked. They never did.
[/quote]
I'm sorry, I meant they'd be able to demand them with any reasonable justification aside from "Gosh, well, we're just worn out from all this nuking."

I would say getting Ivan to apologize and nailing our butts good would be considered a fair comeuppance for the Citrus War, thus making us all square.

[quote]I don't beat on the handicapped. Of course, my arguing with people on this forum could be considered just that. Plus Cortath is such a tragic figure he almost gets sympathy from me. Almost.[/quote] That's half the appeal of him and you know it.

[quote name='Methrage' date='13 February 2010 - 11:10 PM' timestamp='1266120632' post='2180205']
[/quote]

I'm pretty sure that decision rests solely in Jack Diorno's hands. There was a lottery.

[quote name='Barnaby von Farter' date='14 February 2010 - 04:30 AM' timestamp='1266121803' post='2180218']
I'm pretty sure that decision rests solely in Jack Diorno's hands. There was a lottery.
[/quote]
And why, pray tell, was I not informed of this?

Was there some kind of sign-up list tacked to a notice board or something?

[quote name='Methrage' date='13 February 2010 - 11:10 PM' timestamp='1266120632' post='2180205']
[/quote]
Of course not. I am but a single appointed official. Just because I choose not to waste my sig with a disclaimer doesn't mean that I speak for my alliance with every post I make.

[quote name='Chron' date='13 February 2010 - 11:11 PM' timestamp='1266120684' post='2180206']
That would be hilarious.

[/quote]
Unlike virtually every other alliance in this war, the ODN (despite winning 6/8 major wars we have fought in) has never once demanded or received reparations. That is unless you count the 69 soldiers that Vox paid the nation of Free Radicals as part of our peace agreement.

[quote name='Sunstar' date='14 February 2010 - 04:56 AM' timestamp='1266123399' post='2180255']
Unlike virtually every other alliance in this war, the ODN (despite winning 6/8 major wars we have fought in) has never once demanded or received reparations. That is unless you count the 69 soldiers that Vox paid the nation of Free Radicals as part of our peace agreement.
[/quote]
[quote]I'm sorry, I meant they'd be able to demand them with any reasonable justification aside from "Gosh, well, we're just worn out from all this nuking."
[/quote]

Shoulda said that in the first place.

[quote]Did you get the memo?[/quote]Upon checking my spam and inbox, I have discovered that I did not. Which is such a waste.

Great issue as always. Still not as good as TWiP, but we can't exactly afford to be picky with satiric publications in these creativity-starved times.

[quote name='Electron Sponge' date='13 February 2010 - 09:48 PM' timestamp='1266119338' post='2180176'] It's good to see that the blatant hypocrisy and double standards from NPO leadership didn't die out when you all got crushed. Seems like you've still got a few lessons to learn. Hopefully we'll get a chance to teach you. Of course, next time there likely isn't going to be any escape or any use to teaching you anything as we'd probably just take you all the way down and keep you there. I've learned some fascinating techniques for keeping someone at ZI from you guys. One day perhaps we can test them out?
[/quote]

Ah, to be young again, in CN's most literal example of "Red vs. Blue."

I don't care if I end up eating these words later, but I really missed seeing your scrotum around here, sponge.

[quote]===GAMBLING TIME===
Sooner of VE sets GGA's odds of survival at 12,873,587,417,623,479,873,918,734,878 to 1.

Being from an alliance that has disbanded in the past, I'm sure Sooner knows what he's talking about. Being a bit of a risk taker myself, I'm betting Sooner $1 that GGA will survive. Should they disband during their war with our eternal allies, MHA, I will arrange to have $1 sent to you. Should they not, please remit 10 billion to the G15 and the rest (12 octillion) to the New Pacific Order.[/quote]

Those odds sound more like they came from MHA's Infinite Improbability Drive.

[quote name='Stonewall Jaxon' date='14 February 2010 - 05:10 AM' timestamp='1266124210' post='2180273']I don't care if I end up eating these words later, but I really missed seeing your scrotum around here, sponge.[/quote]it's a lot less creepy if you missed seeing the rest of me too

[quote name='Chron' date='14 February 2010 - 01:39 PM' timestamp='1266120557' post='2180203']
I thought that was LUE that was slated for those, although they disbanded...
[/quote]
LUE wasn't going to receive terms. Hence, the disbandment in order for its members to hopefully find enjoyment and prosperity elsewhere.