Clarification from The Legion

[quote name='Matthew Conrad' date='12 February 2010 - 01:28 PM' timestamp='1266002904' post='2177943']
Your [b]MoFA [/b]did. Not sure how many more times I can say this. Otherwise he wouldn't have come in public saying he didn't have the authority and then your other gov saying they were going to veto the decision. Once again, you're currently so thick you have no idea what you're even arguing about. Honestly the only insult you try to throw now is "hey you're a 4th grader!" or a few pages back "hey, you're a 5th grader!". It's like you're so insecure in your own argument you have to reinforce your confidence every time. It's quite amusing, to say the least. I'm going to let you reread my previous post and see if you do a better job next time.
[/quote]

Once again, I'm not sure how many more times I can say [i]this[/i]. I have not seen any logs where my MoFA, Imperial (In case you forgot who that is, because apparently you're having trouble distinguishing between my leader: Hubb and my MoFA: Imperial....and you're criticizing MY reading) told you guys that we accepted your terms. No where. Your only argument is that my MoFA did. Did what? Talked to you guys then posted the announcement regarding SoL and Legion. Hardly a surrender.

Edited by assarax

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='assarax' date='12 February 2010 - 07:17 PM' timestamp='1266002257' post='2177924']
I wasn't ready to let you guys off the hook just yet.
[/quote]

If you're not to busy posturing could you ask your number 1 nation to actually do something other than fling the occasional nuke, I'm keen to see the mighty Legion military machine in action.

Edited by Meer Republic

[quote name='Lincongrad' date='12 February 2010 - 02:31 PM' timestamp='1266003108' post='2177948']
Logs please?

(Imperial is our MoFA, if it helps)
[/quote]

Sure, I'll pm the collection to you, it will take me a bit to find everything.

[quote name='assarax' date='12 February 2010 - 02:34 PM' timestamp='1266003254' post='2177950']
Once again, I'm not sure how many more times I can say [i]this[/i]. I have not seen any logs where my MoFA, Imperial (In case you forgot who that is, because apparently you're having trouble distinguishing between my leader: Hubb and my MoFA: Imperial....and you're criticizing MY reading) told you guys that we accepted your terms. No where. Your only argument is that my MoFA did. Did what? Talked to you guys then posted the announcement regarding SoL and Legion. Hardly a surrender.
[/quote]

What are you even talking about? When the hell did I say Hubb was your MoFA? I have literally not even typed the name Hubb in any of my posts. Your ignorance is astounding. This is exactly why I'm criticizing your reading comprehension.

[quote name='Matthew Conrad' date='12 February 2010 - 11:54 AM' timestamp='1266004496' post='2177972']
Sure, I'll pm the collection to you, it will take me a bit to find everything.
[/quote]

I've seen the logs. I just want to see the short section where Imperial (Or Hubb) says yes to anything, because for the life of me I can't find it.

[quote name='Lincongrad' date='12 February 2010 - 02:58 PM' timestamp='1266004728' post='2177978']
I've seen the logs. I just want to see the short section where Imperial (Or Hubb) says yes to anything, because for the life of me I can't find it.
[/quote]

If he didn't mean to surrender, he sure as hell made it seem so. Our other allies had been talking to your gov for more than those few hours. We clarified several times with him after Imperial confirmed his intentions.

[quote name='Matthew Conrad' date='12 February 2010 - 12:20 PM' timestamp='1266006059' post='2178006']
If he didn't mean to surrender, he sure as hell made it seem so. Our other allies had been talking to your gov for more than those few hours. We clarified several times with him after Imperial confirmed his intentions.
[/quote]

Love you to point me to that.

[quote name='Hyperion321' date='12 February 2010 - 03:38 PM' timestamp='1266007124' post='2178053']
Screw it matt. We can sit here arguing all day with a brick wall or we can go back to running the war. One is certainly a lot more satisfying than the other :P
[/quote]

Finally. Sense.

[quote name='Matthew Conrad' date='12 February 2010 - 12:37 PM' timestamp='1266007071' post='2178050']
You can read the logs yourself. It's evident enough in it's entirety.
[/quote]
No. It's not.

You sit here and accuse us of screwing up. I want to see some proof. There is nothing in the logs that I've seen that has Hubb or Imperial agreeing to peace. If you have logs that contradict that, please educate me.

That goes for Hyperion as well.

First off this thread is one giant cluster$%&@

Second, to clear anything The Imperator has the power to declare in defensive wars and aggressive wars if approved by the consulate and any decision the imperator makes before consulate approval can be vetoed and he can be removed legally. This is in place to keep some form of democracy in and to make sure 1 man cannot screw over the entire alliance.

Third, everyone needs to stop arguing, hubb apologized for his error in his wording. LF and Hubb have made it clear he and the Legion govt don't think sparta tried to forge anything and it is just a misunderstanding and nothing more. Both sides need to bury this dumb hatchet they seem to be holding and just get back to their regular scheduled programming.

Finally, there is no secret plot to kill the Legion, there was no conspiracy by Sparta and Co., there was no surrender. War on.

[quote name='Lincongrad' date='12 February 2010 - 04:28 PM' timestamp='1266010091' post='2178124']
No. It's not.

You sit here and accuse us of screwing up. I want to see some proof. There is nothing in the logs that I've seen that has Hubb or Imperial agreeing to peace. If you have logs that contradict that, please educate me.

That goes for Hyperion as well.
[/quote]

Yes it does, and at this point the only thing you're trying to argue is your interpretation of those logs. To most, it is self evident.

[quote name='assarax' date='12 February 2010 - 09:03 AM' timestamp='1265994228' post='2177736']
The feeling is mutual. You were no prince, either. My only regret this war is that I wasn't personally able to ram a nuke up your behind. I guess I'll have to wait a while longer to give you the beating you deserve.
[/quote]

Right, because I'm the one who made peace talks nigh unbearable. Not the fact that we had to start over nearly every time, setting a background for the talks, because your gov't members had no idea what the others were doing and had negotiated previously, because your people kept claiming others negotiated without the power to really do anything in order to start the negotiations over fresh, because you guys lacked basic ability of communication, such as, I don't know, letting us know that the peace terms being voted on (supposedly, that vote was a cluster$%&@, or votes, I couldn't really understand all the conflicting reports from the Legion people I spoke to) had been voted down.

No, it was Vanguard holding up the talks. I could see how you would get that impression, seeing as with our organization we were always ahead of you in talks, and thus had to back up to fill you in on what others in your own government had negotiated to with us. So ya, we rarely went into talks on the same page.

Wait, which one of us had to seek approval from outside and uninvolved parties on our terms? Remember, when our agreed upon white peace proposal all of a sudden came back to us owing reps? Do you remember being laughed at by people like Valhalla when you went to them asking if it was cool to request 1 bil in reps from us?

Yes, Vanguard made those talks exceedingly difficult. :rolleyes:

You know, at times I really wish I didn't take the peace, and I would have allowed Echelon and Rok to hit purple.

Edit: Spelling

Edited by Rafael Nadal

[quote name='assarax' date='12 February 2010 - 12:03 PM' timestamp='1265994228' post='2177736']
The feeling is mutual. You were no prince, either. My only regret this war is that I wasn't personally able to ram a nuke up your behind. [b]I guess I'll have to wait a while longer to give you the beating you deserve.[/b]
[/quote]
This is how you get good peace terms people, and set the stage for another conflict at another time. Well done to you sir.

Edited by Penlugue Solaris

[quote name='Alterego' date='12 February 2010 - 08:22 PM' timestamp='1266002531' post='2177931']
TP on the 4th. The terms TSI received on the 5th confirm the kind of excessive reps they were to get
[/quote]
Ah yes the forced tech deals. I hear tech deals are a terrible economic strain on alot of alliances these days. Well that would make any alliance disband for sure.

[quote name='SpiderJerusalem' date='13 February 2010 - 01:18 AM' timestamp='1266023904' post='2178451']
I've always loathed Legion, but I really can't see why people are bashing them here. They have actually done good for once.

Good luck Legion, you just jumped a few notches up on my list
[/quote]

I always suspected you of rational and well structured thought with the possibility of moving on.

Shame not all of the haters don't have that skill, heh Rafa?

[quote name='neneko' date='13 February 2010 - 01:21 AM' timestamp='1266024118' post='2178457']
Ah yes the forced tech deals. I hear tech deals are a terrible economic strain on alot of alliances these days. Well that would make any alliance disband for sure.
[/quote]

Oh god, I can't hold it in anymore.

This is the funniest war ever. I never knew sitting on the sidelines eating popcorn could be so much fun.