Legion, M*A*S*H & Quantum Surrender

Natan

[quote name='goldielax25' date='11 February 2010 - 07:47 PM' timestamp='1265946428' post='2176349']
Well according to your charter, the Imperator decides on peace, not a vote.
[/quote]

and our Imperator made it clear that we were not surrenduring. Sorry

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Legion, please understand your own charter next time. It would be greatly appreciated. From what I've gathered is that your Imperator sent out your MoFA to accept our offer of peace without knowing that if he's "away" he grants all remaining power to Lord Flingolfin (however you spell it).

This is getting damned annoying dealing with your governments' inadequacies.

[quote name='goldielax25' date='11 February 2010 - 07:47 PM' timestamp='1265946428' post='2176349']
Well according to your charter, the Imperator decides on peace, not a vote.
[/quote]

This is correct. I am saying that having talked to Hubb and seen the results of the various votes, I doubt he intended his statement of white peace as anything other than a presentation of a hypothetical situation. Misinterpretation, anyone?

[quote name='King William IV' date='11 February 2010 - 10:49 PM' timestamp='1265946593' post='2176368']
Problem with all of your arguments is he got offline and as soon as he goes away power passes to LF. Meaning he is indeed in position of power, read the whole charter and don't just pick and choose what you want.
[/quote]

If the top guy can make a decision, and the second in command can overrule it nearly instantly against the top guys wishes, then you have a serious command problem :|

EDIT: As SOP of #legion, I declare #legion the official Legion channel. I believe the management of #legion will do an amazing job as the new leaders of legion, and bring Legion into a new era of prosperity.

Edited by joracy

[quote name='Matthew Conrad' date='11 February 2010 - 07:50 PM' timestamp='1265946657' post='2176376']
Hey Legion, please understand your own charter next time. It would be greatly appreciated. From what I've gathered is that your Imperator sent out your MoFA to accept our offer of peace without knowing that if he's "away" he grants all remaining power to Lord Flingolfin (however you spell it).

This is getting damned annoying dealing with your governments' inadequacies.
[/quote]

I understand it just fine, that is why we are just about to veto the original order regardless.

[quote name='joracy' date='11 February 2010 - 10:51 PM' timestamp='1265946707' post='2176384']
If the top guy can make a decision, and the second in command can overrule it nearly instantly against the top guys wishes, then you have a serious command problem :|
[/quote]

The top guy never made said decision in the first place, he was clarifying what the offer was IMO.

Also regardless of what the top guy says there is always more to the charter, such as:
C: The Consulate has the power to overturn an Imperial Decision by at least a 3/4 vote. The vote must be set up no longer than 24 hours after the decision is made.

[quote name='King William IV' date='11 February 2010 - 07:54 PM' timestamp='1265946840' post='2176397']
The top guy never made said decision in the first place, he was clarifying what the offer was IMO.

Also regardless of what the top guy says there is always more to the charter, such as:
C: The Consulate has the power to overturn an Imperial Decision by at least a 3/4 vote. The vote must be set up no longer than 24 hours after the decision is made.
[/quote]

Almost there. :)

[quote name='Lincongrad' date='11 February 2010 - 10:51 PM' timestamp='1265946672' post='2176380']
This is correct. I am saying that having talked to Hubb and seen the results of the various votes, I doubt he intended his statement of white peace as anything other than a presentation of a hypothetical situation. Misinterpretation, anyone?
[/quote]

Look, people can flame me all they want, but I spoke with him, he agreed to white peace, he had to go, he sent Imperial to finalize the document, we all put sigs on it, we posted it.

That's exactly how it went. If anything the one mistake we did was post before he cameback online, but we got the ok from Legion and her allies prior to posting this. I fail to see how this is an issue unless Legion plans to overrule its leader.

[quote name='King William IV' date='11 February 2010 - 10:54 PM' timestamp='1265946840' post='2176397']

[/quote]

Well, if he did make that decision, and you want to use that clause, I'd make sure legion gets a vote set up ASAP.

[quote name='wandmdave' date='11 February 2010 - 07:54 PM' timestamp='1265946842' post='2176399']
Wow, this was a pretty pathetic show Legion, but I'm sure you'll have plenty of time to get your house in order before the next round of talks start.
[/quote]

Our house is great, that is why we are overturning this decision. If you have a problem with that, then take it to us in game. I would expect nothing less. :)

From Hubb on his phone posting on the Legion boards:
[QUOTE]I'm on my iPhone right now. We have been in discussion all day. No member of this government gave permission for anything to be posted, as we were still in the discussion phase. Again, no final decision was made.[/QUOTE]

As expected, misinterpretation by Sparta.

Edited by Lincongrad

[quote name='joracy' date='11 February 2010 - 09:55 PM' timestamp='1265946903' post='2176403']
Well, if he did make that decision, and you want to use that clause, I'd make sure legion gets a vote set up ASAP.
[/quote]

We did, we had two polls set up for the GM. In both, an overwhelming amount of people voted no. This was nothing but a mis-communication.

Veto vote is taking place atm.

[quote name='joracy' date='11 February 2010 - 07:55 PM' timestamp='1265946903' post='2176403']
[/quote]

As soon as I found out what was going on I called the Veto vote. Just waiting for people to vote. Cheers.

[quote name='King Xander the Only' date='11 February 2010 - 10:49 PM' timestamp='1265946589' post='2176366']
No wonder Legion surrendered. They sound very unstable internally.
[/quote]
Well they've only had 2 peace agreements today they've backed out of :awesome:

Edited by Darth Blitzer