Legion, M*A*S*H & Quantum Surrender

Natan

[quote name='John Warbuck' date='11 February 2010 - 10:08 PM' timestamp='1265947685' post='2176453']
This looks like a set up to make Legion allies believe Legion was exiting the conflict and thus draw the allies out of the conflict. I haven't seen a single log in this thread that contains a Legion official stating that their signature bloc may be used. Typically that is the final part of any peace agreement or treaty. I don't see it here, so I believe that this was just opportunism at it's finest and the Legion's enemies twisted the words of their leaders.
[/quote]
Simply golden. How much have you invested in tin foil lately?

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Kindom of Goon' date='11 February 2010 - 10:15 PM' timestamp='1265948159' post='2176484']
No, they themselves have said a number of times he agreed to peace and they're working to veto his decision.
[/quote]

We were going to veto his decision, but then he told us it was all a misinterpretation on our forums.

[quote name='Kindom of Goon' date='11 February 2010 - 08:15 PM' timestamp='1265948159' post='2176484']
No, they themselves have said a number of times he agreed to peace and they're working to veto his decision.
[/quote]

Everything is a conspiracy to one (1) John Warbuck, Goon. ;)

[quote name='Kindom of Goon' date='11 February 2010 - 08:15 PM' timestamp='1265948159' post='2176484']
[/quote]

Watcher was vetoing the decision either way, until we could get in contact with Hubb to verify the legitimacy. We got contact. Something went wrong. I'm working to figure out what happened.

Edited by Lincongrad

[quote name='Lincongrad' date='11 February 2010 - 11:18 PM' timestamp='1265948315' post='2176495']
Watcher was vetoing the decision either way, until we could get in contact with Hubb to verify the legitimacy. We got contact. Something went wrong. I'm working to figure out what happened.
[/quote]
please do tell when you find out.

[quote name='Lincongrad' date='11 February 2010 - 11:18 PM' timestamp='1265948315' post='2176495']
[/quote]

So uhh, after your gov says he is acting under orders from Hubb, did nobody think it might be a good idea to tell Sparta et al about this?

[quote name='Van Hoo III' date='11 February 2010 - 10:18 PM' timestamp='1265948307' post='2176494']
Everything is a conspiracy to one (1) John Warbuck, Goon. ;)
[/quote]
Way to make everything about me again. Believe it or not, I don't need the attention. I just know the way some people play politics on Planet Bob, and when the leadership of Legion is stating that they never gave permission to add their signatures to this peace agreement, then it only points to something else going on. Could be simple miscommunication. I was simply pointing out that I've not seen any specific evidence of Legion giving their consent here.

[quote name='Lincongrad' date='11 February 2010 - 08:23 PM' timestamp='1265948614' post='2176515']
Bout what?
[/quote]

I dunno, the veto process going on? Fingolfin posted a snippet of him saying something he never did. He just took off. Imperial was asked if there were any issues and he said it was a personal disagreement.

[quote name='John Warbuck' date='11 February 2010 - 08:08 PM' timestamp='1265947685' post='2176453']
[b]This looks like a set up[/b] to make Legion allies believe Legion was exiting the conflict and thus draw the allies out of the conflict. I haven't seen a single log in this thread that contains a Legion official stating that their signature bloc may be used. Typically that is the final part of any peace agreement or treaty. I don't see it here, so [b]I believe that this was just opportunism at it's finest and the Legion's enemies twisted the words of their leaders.[/b]
[/quote]

[quote]Way to make everything about me again. Believe it or not, I don't need the attention. I just know the way some people play politics on Planet Bob, and when the leadership of Legion is stating that they never gave permission to add their signatures to this peace agreement, then it only points to something else going on. [b]Could be simple miscommunication.[/b] I was simply pointing out that I've not seen any specific evidence of Legion giving their consent here.[/quote]

Way to back track yet again, Jay Double U.

Do you even read your posts?

[quote name='Lincongrad' date='11 February 2010 - 11:13 PM' timestamp='1265948012' post='2176475']
Hypothetical situation discussion in regard to phrasing, sunshine. Check the rest of the logs.
[/quote]

Why would Legion be vetoing a decision that was never made, sunshine? Seriously, next time your government should talk to each other before you make decisions. I feel like that's what most governments do.

Edited by Matthew Conrad

[quote name='Matthew Conrad' date='11 February 2010 - 08:28 PM' timestamp='1265948938' post='2176535']
Why would Legion be vetoing a decision that was never made, sunshine? Seriously, next time your government should talk to each other before you make decisions. I feel like that's what most governments do.
[/quote]
It's a safety. Since we couldn't reach Hubb to verify whether or not he made the decision, we decided to veto it.

[quote]I dunno, the veto process going on? Fingolfin posted a snippet of him saying something he never did. He just took off. Imperial was asked if there were any issues and he said it was a personal disagreement.[/quote]
The veto was started AFTER this post on the BBs, when everyone was like 'wtf'. I'm looking into the IRC issues, and will post more on the subject when I finish talking to those involved.

[quote]
The apparent massive rejection of peace.[/quote]
Because that's an internal matter and non-official. I was using that as an indicator to say that I thought that Hubb's statement was misinterpreted, NOT that it had any official bearing on the decision.

[quote name='Lincongrad' date='11 February 2010 - 11:37 PM' timestamp='1265949444' post='2176562']
It's a safety. Since we couldn't reach Hubb to verify whether or not he made the decision, we decided to veto it.
[/quote]

So your government didn't communicate with each other before one of you came forward to accept peace? That's certainly helpful.

[quote name='Matthew Conrad' date='11 February 2010 - 08:41 PM' timestamp='1265949671' post='2176577']
So your government didn't communicate with each other before one of you came forward to accept peace? That's certainly helpful.
[/quote]

No. The veto was set up after this BBs announcement was posted.

[quote name='Lincongrad' date='11 February 2010 - 11:45 PM' timestamp='1265949901' post='2176596']
[/quote]

The other thread seems to contradict this.

[quote]My authority was in turn overruled this evening by our Imperator, and we were ordered to seek white peace. In turn, our Consulate began veto proceedings to end the peace talks. In the midst of these proceedings and without our authorization[/quote]

[quote]As a subordinate government officer to the Imperator, I proceeded as directed by the Imperator to attend the peace negotiations with Sparta. During the course of said peace discussions, an internal veto of the Imperator's decisions was begun[/quote]

Really folks, two threads and a number of different stories is making this entire thing hard to follow. intra-alliance communication is rather important.

[quote name='Lincongrad' date='11 February 2010 - 11:45 PM' timestamp='1265949901' post='2176596']
[/quote]

What? When did I say it wasn't? I think you may have misread my post.