Legion, M*A*S*H & Quantum Surrender

Natan

[quote name='Scorbolt' date='12 February 2010 - 06:23 AM' timestamp='1265952226' post='2176796']
Legion's MoFA in discussions with Sparta led them to believe he was acting under order from Hubb and led them to believe white peace was being accepted. This same MoFA has said in the other topic that a veto vote had begun before this was posted while in this topic several Legionnaires have stated the opposite that the veto vote began after the posting of this topic.

Now, sure Sparta could have misinterpreted what was intended / what happened but Imperial has already begun lying to cover himself. I expect that he made the mistake not Sparta.
[/quote]

Perhaps you misunderstood, and Legion only accepted white peace as compared to having one term for peace, namely their withdrawal from the war?

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='avernite' date='12 February 2010 - 01:29 AM' timestamp='1265956182' post='2177114']
Perhaps you misunderstood, and Legion only accepted white peace as compared to having one term for peace, namely their withdrawal from the war?
[/quote]

Thats possible, but Legion is contradicting that.

[quote][20:38] <Hubb[Legion]> Legion and allies have white peace with Sparta and allies.
[20:38] <Hubb[Legion]> I understand that.[/quote]

Seriously guys, when did a statement like "I understand that" become an agreement to terms?!?
It's absolutely ridiculous to believe that Hubb accepted the white peace with this statment.

There is NOT A SINGLE WORD that indicates that he is doing more than CONSIDERING the agreement.

This whole thing is obviously a ploy by sparta and her allies to besmirch the good reputation of The Legion by making us look like term-breakers.

[quote name='Alastair Tau' date='12 February 2010 - 10:33 AM' timestamp='1265970829' post='2177380']
Seriously guys, when did a statement like "I understand that" become an agreement to terms?!?
It's absolutely ridiculous to believe that Hubb accepted the white peace with this statment.

There is NOT A SINGLE WORD that indicates that he is doing more than CONSIDERING the agreement.

This whole thing is obviously a ploy by sparta and her allies to besmirch the good reputation of The Legion by making us look like term-breakers.
[/quote]

And as i note in the other thread, if it were acceptance, it is acceptance of WHITE peace - but the posted declaration of surrender had terms so does not apply to that log quote.

Edited by auto98

[quote name='auto98' date='12 February 2010 - 11:38 AM' timestamp='1265971098' post='2177383']
And as i note in the other thread, if it were acceptance, it is acceptance of WHITE peace - but the posted declaration of surrender had terms so does not apply to that log quote.
[/quote]
Yeah, that too ;)

Folks may not know me, and Mongrel, you may not remember me, but enough of those who do will also know that I would not be a part of something that was done in a deceitful, devious manner--such as forgery, and other such conspiracy theories that have cropped up from this. I do have an issue with the accusations of those who weren't there, don't know and can't appreciate the back-and-forth that was going on at the time, in order to attempt to bring this to an amicable conclusion. Furthermore, those who are spouting such conspiratorial nonsense have, to my knowledge, not even bothered to approach those who were there on both sides in order to clarify what happened for themselves before spouting said nonsense.

I did have my own issues with the second night of talks, as noted by our signature submitted under protest. However, while the events as they were occurring were more than likely happening too hastily, I can assure anyone who cares enough to ask, that there was no devious intent at trickery behind what was ultimately announced. Haste, while unwise in certain circumstances which require more care, is not necessarily evil and devious.

I believe I mentioned before that I would reserve further public comment, but I felt it necessary to interject that one last sentiment before I remove myself from the conversation again.

It's a shame the agreement wasn't reached, after all, but to everyone still engaged, good luck on the field.

[quote name='Mongrel' date='12 February 2010 - 10:47 PM' timestamp='1266032875' post='2178565']
Congrats Legion on not accepting peace even when your signatures were forged on the peace agreement. I suppose it's only a sign of Sparta's desperation that they have to stoop to such levels.
[/quote]

Enough of this.

Sparta is not to fault, I am.

I had been discussing peace for 48 hours between myself and all of the alliances at war with Asgaard and our friends and allies in this conflict. I lost power inbetween these talks and never realized the extent of damage the thought of peace had come within Legion. I continued with these discussions in hope that white peace would be the final nail in the coffin to end the wars between everyone and during all of the long discussions I had convinced myself sooner than I had realized Legion has finalized anything from their side more than what APPEARED to me as agreements to peace without knowing full and well how their system worked. I was not stopped by Legion, nor my allies because I encouraged what I thought was right.

I'll be damned to see anyone blame my allies for a rash decision on my part over this. It's allies like Sparta which stick by you when you make a mistake like this which give me hope in this world still. Odds are the relations between myself, my alliance and that of my allies with Legion will never be anything but hostile because of my actions and I finally see what has twisted Bob so pathetically for mistakes to become something hung above people for their entire time here.

I expect each and every person after this post to end with the senseless "Blame Sparta" comments I am reading, because they are some of the finest allies an alliance could ask for. When Asgaard was young many people wouldn't give us the time of the day, let alone offer help when it was needed. Sparta has helped us more than anyone could ask for, and we have honored their kindness by spilling blood on the field of battle with them. If that is not a testament, that an alliance is willing to enter and jump head over heels to defend their ally, to the quality of that alliance, then you are all truly blind and I pity you.

[quote name='lonewolfe2015' date='12 February 2010 - 11:12 PM' timestamp='1266045150' post='2178901']
Enough of this.

Sparta is not to fault, I am.

I had been discussing peace for 48 hours between myself and all of the alliances at war with Asgaard and our friends and allies in this conflict. I lost power inbetween these talks and never realized the extent of damage the thought of peace had come within Legion. I continued with these discussions in hope that white peace would be the final nail in the coffin to end the wars between everyone and during all of the long discussions I had convinced myself sooner than I had realized Legion has finalized anything from their side more than what APPEARED to me as agreements to peace without knowing full and well how their system worked. I was not stopped by Legion, nor my allies because I encouraged what I thought was right.

I'll be damned to see anyone blame my allies for a rash decision on my part over this. It's allies like Sparta which stick by you when you make a mistake like this which give me hope in this world still. Odds are the relations between myself, my alliance and that of my allies with Legion will never be anything but hostile because of my actions and I finally see what has twisted Bob so pathetically for mistakes to become something hung above people for their entire time here.

I expect each and every person after this post to end with the senseless "Blame Sparta" comments I am reading, because they are some of the finest allies an alliance could ask for. When Asgaard was young many people wouldn't give us the time of the day, let alone offer help when it was needed. Sparta has helped us more than anyone could ask for, and we have honored their kindness by spilling blood on the field of battle with them. If that is not a testament, that an alliance is willing to enter and jump head over heels to defend their ally, to the quality of that alliance, then you are all truly blind and I pity you.
[/quote]

Lonewolf has been extremely helpful in resolving the issue. No grudge is held.

I would in turn like to apologize for the reaction of the Legion government. We should have taken a lesson from Soldiers of Legion and resolved the conflict quickly and quietly. Instead, both we (and many of our opponents) overreacted to a simple mistake, blowing this whole thing way our of proportion.

As Hubb has stated we will also in the future attempt to make it more clear when we are merely feeling out terms.

I firmly believe that there was no conspiracy on the part of Sparta or any of its allies. Case closed.

[quote name='Cyphon88' date='13 February 2010 - 06:45 AM' timestamp='1266061519' post='2179102']
The comments on this page impress me with the level headedness (I already knew it as a factor for Lonewolf and Randalla). A shame this didn't come earlier.
[/quote]
You're obviously on the least interesting page in this topic. :mad: