Legion, M*A*S*H & Quantum Surrender

Natan

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Watcher' date='11 February 2010 - 10:54 PM' timestamp='1265946840' post='2176396']
I understand it just fine, that is why we are just about to veto the original order regardless.
[/quote]

Well it would have probably help if one of your members wasn't screaming obscenities into my ear while I was trying to clarify the situation.

[quote name='Watcher' date='11 February 2010 - 10:55 PM' timestamp='1265946933' post='2176406']
Our house is great, that is why we are overturning this decision. If you have a problem with that, then take it to us in game. I would expect nothing less. :)
[/quote]
I don't think we have a problem either way. Just like a straight answer up front instead of all this craziness is all.

Oh well back to the simple stuff, blowing #&%@ up.

[quote name='King Xander the Only' date='12 February 2010 - 04:02 AM' timestamp='1265947351' post='2176432']
That's a good question, actually.
[/quote]

And if they dont, should they also receive the treatment of term breakers alongside Legion?

Also a good question :x

This looks like a set up to make Legion allies believe Legion was exiting the conflict and thus draw the allies out of the conflict. I haven't seen a single log in this thread that contains a Legion official stating that their signature bloc may be used. Typically that is the final part of any peace agreement or treaty. I don't see it here, so I believe that this was just opportunism at it's finest and the Legion's enemies twisted the words of their leaders.

[quote name='Il Impero Romano' date='11 February 2010 - 11:06 PM' timestamp='1265947577' post='2176448']
And if they dont, should they also receive the treatment of term breakers alongside Legion?

Also a good question :x
[/quote]

From the sound of it, there were terms negotiated by Legion government, they were voted on by the general membership, and they were down. Explain how that is "term breaking" exactly.

[quote name='John Warbuck' date='11 February 2010 - 11:08 PM' timestamp='1265947685' post='2176453']
This looks like a set up to make Legion allies believe Legion was exiting the conflict and thus draw the allies out of the conflict. I haven't seen a single log in this thread that contains a Legion official stating that their signature bloc may be used. Typically that is the final part of any peace agreement or treaty. I don't see it here, so I believe that this was just opportunism at it's finest and the Legion's enemies twisted the words of their leaders.
[/quote]

[20:37] <Hubb[Legion]> If it's white peace, then it's white peace.
01[20:38] <LW[Away]> It is white peace and you, MASH, Quantum cannot re-enter this war, nor aid your allies until afterwords
01[20:38] <LW[Away]> And if you don't take it tonight, this offer is gone
[20:38] <Hubb[Legion]> Legion and allies have white peace with Sparta and allies.
[20:38] <Hubb[Legion]> I understand that.

Enjoy your opportunism.

[quote name='Matthew Conrad' date='11 February 2010 - 08:10 PM' timestamp='1265947847' post='2176465']
01[20:38] <LW[Away]> It is white peace and you, MASH, Quantum cannot re-enter this war, nor aid your allies until afterwords
[20:38] <Hubb[Legion]> Legion and allies have white peace with Sparta and allies.

Enjoy your opportunism.
[/quote]

Hypothetical situation discussion in regard to phrasing, sunshine. Check the rest of the logs.

[quote name='Matthew Conrad' date='11 February 2010 - 11:10 PM' timestamp='1265947847' post='2176465']
[/quote]
To me these logs don't really prove anything either way, as they can be interpreted both ways. I suppose more context would be needed in this case.

Anyways, this seems par for the course with this war.

[quote name='Matthew Conrad' date='11 February 2010 - 10:10 PM' timestamp='1265947847' post='2176465']

Enjoy your opportunism.
[/quote]
As others pointed out, it looks like Hubb was just verifying what the offer was. It was not followed by "Ok, here is our sig block; we accept". There was no acceptance in that log. That log is merely a twist of words.

[quote name='John Warbuck' date='12 February 2010 - 04:13 AM' timestamp='1265948033' post='2176478']
As others pointed out, it looks like Hubb was just verifying what the offer was. It was not followed by "Ok, here is our sig block; we accept". There was no acceptance in that log. That log is merely a twist of words.
[/quote]

No, they themselves have said a number of times he agreed to peace and they're working to veto his decision. The question is whether anyone in Legion mentioned the decision was not final.

Edited by Kindom of Goon