Someone Actually Surrendered to GGA

Proxian Empire

All I can say is wow.

[quote name='Imugran' date='09 February 2010 - 06:27 PM' timestamp='1265740023' post='2170863']
To: Imugran From: masonb Date: 2/9/2010 10:54:31 AM

Subject: I'll take your surrender
Message: Seeing as you're in an uncomfortable position I will allow you to surrender to the GGA. Here are our terms:

1. Change AA to GGA-POW
2. Decom all military and troops to ~30% for the remainder of the war.
3. Decom all Military Improvements except those required to maintain SDI
4. Post in this thread your acceptance of these terms.
http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=213
5. Will not engage or send aid to another nation for the duration of the conflict.

The nation of Imugrania surrenders to the nation of Blairlingrad under the above terms and conditions.

Imugran
[/quote]

How did this just happen? What has gone wrong with world? Should GGA give him a medal? Instinct says yes.

Apart from surrendering being weak in general, i dont see how surrendering to a particular alliance is worse than surrendering to anyone else. I know about the whole WAE thing, but i think its time that joke was put to rest. But not the medal thing, we should keep ribbing them for the lvl 9 plane medal as long as we can.

[quote name='Alfred von Tirpitz' date='10 February 2010 - 08:27 AM' timestamp='1265776028' post='2171880']
Apart from surrendering being weak in general, i dont see how surrendering to a particular alliance is worse than surrendering to anyone else. I know about the whole WAE thing, but i think its time that joke was put to rest. But not the medal thing, we should keep ribbing them for the lvl 9 plane medal as long as we can.
[/quote]

naaa, once you're WAE you're stuck with the title until a worthy rival takes it from you.

One could argue that GGA can do a best-out-of-3 rock-paper-scissors competition with Dark Fist for the honours, but it'll probably have to wait till after the war.

[quote name='thaone' date='10 February 2010 - 08:50 AM' timestamp='1265777409' post='2171939']
I didn't fight GGA, but maybe they learned from their mistakes in Karma and rewrote all their warguides and started keeping warchests.
[/quote]

Curiosity got the better of me and I ran a couple random spy ops to gather intel (sorry GGA). I won't say what the exact details are, but both nations were within my NS range (obviously) and had 170 mil, and 430 mil, so all in all not too bad. I've definitely seen a lot worse but in any alliance you'll find those who have $0.00 and those who have some ridiculously huge amount.

The overall alliance stats is what brings them down I think... low tech:infra ratio (less than 1:4 overall), only 6 WRCs, and a very low avg NS... which when combined even makes the WRC's less useful because they're hitting cheaper infra with less tech backing them up.

That being said though, I think any alliance can gain respect without necessarily having awesome stats, simply based on their behaviour in public and in private... and I'll give credit where it's due; GGA definitely improved there.

I don't think GGA are nearly as bad as a lot of people like to think. They've had some dreadful leadership that more or less immediately indoctrinated new members to their ridiculous standards, and I know they're working daily to improve their alliance across the board.

As for the mention that Dark First could compete for the title of WAE... they have seem them do nothing but pull their weight in this war and declare upwards more often than not. I could name plenty of alliances on this side which have performed considerably worse.

[quote name='Style #386' date='10 February 2010 - 02:23 AM' timestamp='1265790230' post='2172322']
I don't think GGA are nearly as bad as a lot of people like to think. They've had some dreadful leadership that more or less immediately indoctrinated new members to their ridiculous standards, and I know they're working daily to improve their alliance across the board.

As for the mention that Dark First could compete for the title of WAE... they have seem them do nothing but pull their weight in this war and declare upwards more often than not. I could name plenty of alliances on this side which have performed considerably worse.
[/quote]
Isn't declaring upward a bad thing? I mean, it makes you look tough, but it's still bad strategy.

[quote name='Aeternos Astramora' date='10 February 2010 - 01:15 AM' timestamp='1265793337' post='2172359']
Isn't declaring upward a bad thing? I mean, it makes you look tough, but it's still bad strategy.
[/quote]

It depends. If you declare upward in a nuclear war there's a good chance you will deal more damage in a monetary sense, despite the fact that you'll take more actual infra/tech/land damage. I wouldn't say it's a great idea, but it's not a terrible one in some instances either.

[quote name='Aeternos Astramora' date='10 February 2010 - 09:15 PM' timestamp='1265793337' post='2172359']
[/quote]

Individually it is a poor strategy. But in a coalition effort it can be pretty useful- picking up the stagger etc. Especially if the enemy alliances is larger than you. Then you just turtle and nuke. Obviously you would prefer to declare downwards :P

Maybe Imugran was defeated and with no cash and decided to surrender because he thought it was pointless to continue?

His opponents don't overall look in a bright shape, due to multiple wars with other Hitchhikers, thus in this case I'd say that Imugran's surrender didn't much helped his opponents to threaten other MHA nations... Overall we're in front of a fairly common case that may not deserve all this attention.

By the way, I count 5 MHA POWs - 2 from GGA and 3 from IRON - although we Hitchhikers [s]are[/s] were not known for our ferociousness in battle either. Should we think less of those five because of that? Probably not.

[quote name='Style #386' date='10 February 2010 - 08:23 AM' timestamp='1265790230' post='2172322']
[/quote]

There are far more alliances worse than DF, I don't think DF could come close to WAE.

[quote name='Style #386' date='10 February 2010 - 03:23 AM' timestamp='1265790230' post='2172322']

[/quote]
I don't think it's DF's military that brings them dangerously close to taking the title...