Why is this the world today?

PHDrillSergeant

Dearest people of the world,

I am an old nation. I have been here for a long time, just minding my business.

The other day I was attacked by [url=http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=182612]another nation[/url]. I had been away a few days so by my return there was little I could do. I sent a message petitioning that this other nation ceasefire, because I could not and would not return fire. There was not reason for innocent people to die.

The nation replied saying it regretted the loss of lives, but it had its orders. It would send surrender terms asap.

The next day I awake to find that this nation has dropped a nuclear weapon onto my people, killing countless innocent people and destroying the environment.

And right afterwards, he sent surrender terms.

Now at this junction I had already stated that I was ready to surrender. There was NO REASON to drop a nuclear weapon. So why would a nation do this? Is its leader simply a murderous killer? This was an unwarranted nuclear strike against a non-nuclear capable nation.

So this leads me to this question: why do we, as alliances, treat every other alliance member on opposing sides as an enemy? If there are 100 nations in an alliance, and seven have offended you, why do the other 93 have to take the fire? I am not out there in world politics, and I am not a leader in my alliance. There is no reason for this kind of behavior, and it leads to needless bloodshed.

I have been though six alliances, each one ending in war. I pray it will end.

Porphyric Hemophiliac
Prime Minister of [url=http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=40067]Galifrey Seven[/url]

As afterthought: Donations to the rebuilding of Galifrey will be taken at the foreign affairs office in New New York.

Edited by PHDrillSergeant

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I doubt you'll get much sympathy here. You're in an alliance for the good AND the bad times. You've enjoyed the protection they offer in times of war, you should accept the fight someone brought to your door. If you want to know why and who you are fighting, talk to your leaders, they'll be able to explain.
If you just want to sit on your sorry $@!, growing your nation, you should join an neutral alliance such as GPA.

Also, didn't you learn your lesson in Karma? You surrendered then too.

Edited by potato

Did you join the GPA as in ask them if you could join and they said yes? Or did you decide to join them without their say so? In that case, i believe what they did to you is what is termed Ghost Busting.

Anyways you are in TOOL now, and TOOL is part of a war, so TOOL nations would be fair game for all those at war with TOOL, same as TOOL is attacking the nations of all the alliances at war with TOOL. War, two way street, incoming and outgoing fire, both. Best you realize that it is nothing personal and it is just war.

I will not comment on your desire to surrender. That is between you and your current alliance.

[size="1"]edit: one miss-spelt word and such havoc in intent! Lordy!![/size]

Edited by Alfred von Tirpitz

No, I joined GPA, went through their training. Became a full member. I didn't simply say "Look at me I'm GPA now". Don't insult my intelligence.

When GPA was attacked, and I was hit with nuclear weapons, GPA ordered me to surrender to the enemy.

Also, I'm obviously not surrendering NOW. After being hit with a nuclear weapon? are you kidding?

PH

Edited by PHDrillSergeant

I apologize if my previous post came across as a slight to your intelligence. Such was not the intent of it.

In hindsight, i should have realised it would seem rude since you obviously did state you were an old nation, and as such would know what ghosting and ghost busting was. Again, my apologies.

I have been around too long, surrendered too many times. I will not subject my people to being prisoners again.

If I die, I die with knowledge that I gave my every last in defense of a nation of prosperity and kindness. Support my endeavor or don't but at least respect my love for the people of Galifrey. The time for running has ended.

-PH

[quote name='PHDrillSergeant' date='08 February 2010 - 04:23 PM' timestamp='1265646232' post='2168782']
Now at this junction I had already stated that I was ready to surrender. There was NO REASON to drop a nuclear weapon. So why would a nation do this? Is its leader simply a murderous killer? This was an unwarranted nuclear strike against a non-nuclear capable nation.[/quote]

Probably to ensure you do surrender. Do as much damage as possible, and sort out the rest afterwards.

[quote name='PHDrillSergeant']
So this leads me to this question: why do we, as alliances, treat every other alliance member on opposing sides as an enemy? If there are 100 nations in an alliance, and seven have offended you, why do the other 93 have to take the fire? I am not out there in world politics, and I am not a leader in my alliance. There is no reason for this kind of behavior, and it leads to needless bloodshed.
[/quote]

Because when in a war with an alliance every member is an enemy. They can be the nicest guy in the world, but once war starts they'll be doing damage like everyone else.

Posting in an epic thread.

Thank you for putting smile on the faces of all the people in Gusandria, they really laugh at your pathetic whine over a single nuclear attack and are also amazed by the unwillingness of your countryman to stand up for any alliance and by extreme cowardice displayed by repeated hoping to other alliances as soon as war breaks out and they are needed the most.

Being the government of the alliance that was attacked by TOOL I can tell you seven of them didn't offend me. As a matter of fact, none have offended me (except Ikaru because he didn't attack me). Their ally (your ally) was attacked and they went to war in defense of their ally. Your story of continual cowardice on the other hand does offend me. Don't cower behind the walls of an alliance for protection from raiders and then abandon them as soon as they need you. Even now when are finally going to fight it isn't for anything larger than yourself. I pity you.

[quote name='Adrian LaCroix' date='08 February 2010 - 11:28 AM' timestamp='1265646482' post='2168786']
The Green Protection Agency. Look into it.
[/quote]
No, don't. GPA doesn't need cowards that won't fight when needed.

Edited by flak attack

War is war. Things happen. Move on.

If you want peace, you can accept the individual surrender terms, but in order for them to be valid, you must keep within the terms. Since you went back to TOOL, seems like your nation is up for attack.

Edited by Hunterman1043

[quote name='PHDrillSergeant' date='08 February 2010 - 10:23 AM' timestamp='1265646232' post='2168782']

The nation replied saying it regretted the loss of lives, but it had its orders. It would send surrender terms asap.

The next day I awake to find that this nation has dropped a nuclear weapon onto my people, killing countless innocent people and destroying the environment.

And right afterwards, he sent surrender terms.

Now at this junction I had already stated that I was ready to surrender. There was NO REASON to drop a nuclear weapon. So why would a nation do this? Is its leader simply a murderous killer? This was an unwarranted nuclear strike against a non-nuclear capable nation.

[/quote]

Our planet is filled with demented nation leaders. The same thing happened to GPA members, too. Good luck finding peace and rebuilding.

[quote name='PHDrillSergeant' date='08 February 2010 - 10:23 AM' timestamp='1265646232' post='2168782']
Dearest people of the world,
I am an old nation. I have been here for a long time, just minding my business.
[/quote]

Very well written. Thanks. I hope things work out for you.