An Announcement From a Few Alliances

[quote name='Schattenmann' date='05 February 2010 - 10:52 PM' timestamp='1265428365' post='2162820']
If The Immortals were prepared neither for battle nor to be utilized in the most advantageous way, then they would have served everyone best to have sat it out and sent FoB aid post war. Sure, argue the virtue of their charge-of-the-light-brigade, but in the end they have not fulfilled their obligations to anyone or anything.[/quote]

Perhaps there we are fundamentally different; to me, a mutual defense pact has no optional military clause.

[quote]And if they thought that any damage that was going to be taken was for "some asinine reason" then they really had no business getting involved, now, did they? Either they attacked because they put themselves behind the MDP they used, or they surrendered because FoB's involvement in asinine. They're mutually exclusive.
[/quote]

It's a combination of the two, actually. They had to fulfill their MDP, but strategically it was a terrible idea because they were heavily out-maneuvered and out-gunned [OOC: Think Picket's Charge].

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Jacques Cousteau' date='05 February 2010 - 09:46 PM' timestamp='1265427994' post='2162801']
SpacingOutMan covered everything that needed to be said on this subject.

I would say that this chapter should be closed.
[/quote]

He sure did and for all the chaos I've cause in my time running around here, I say with sincerity I'm glad were allied..

There is no dishonor in surrendering and doing what is best for your alliance, none at all, TI came, served, did there best, what more could you ask ?

To The Immortals:

If this is how your friends treat you publicly, I can't imagine what they think of you privately. Anytime you may wish to accept, I extend our invitation to all of you to stop by our [url="http://www.phoenix-federation.net/forums/index.php?act=idx"]forums[/url] and received a warm welcome, some friendly banter, some cold drinks and generally be treated the way person should be treated.

[quote name='Roadie' date='05 February 2010 - 08:02 PM' timestamp='1265428975' post='2162843']
To The Immortals:

If this is how your friends treat you publicly, I can't imagine what they think of you privately. Anytime you may wish to accept, I extend our invitation to all of you to stop by our [url="http://www.phoenix-federation.net/forums/index.php?act=idx"]forums[/url] and received a warm welcome, some friendly banter, some cold drinks and generally be treated the way person should be treated.
[/quote]
Okay, now you're just being opportunistic. No ally of The Immortals is chiding them here.

[quote name='SpacingOutMan' date='05 February 2010 - 09:40 PM' timestamp='1265427613' post='2162782']
Alright people, I honestly don't give two $%&@s who you are, I am addressing [b]you all[/b].

-snip-

The Immortals made a mistake; to condemn them in entirety is childish and hypocritical.
[/quote]

Always good to hear a voice of reason within Superfriends. Well said. Most alliances have peaced out before their allies at some point or another. The Immortals did what they could, you can't fault them for that.

o/ TI

[quote name='Earogema' date='05 February 2010 - 11:05 PM' timestamp='1265429154' post='2162848']
It's over, SuperComplaints is finished.
[/quote]

Oh no! The [ooc: pixels] are ruined!! Damn you Immortals, damn you for making us lose...

Also...

[b][size="7"]THE GAME[/size][/b]

You all lose now.

[quote name='Choader' date='05 February 2010 - 10:04 PM' timestamp='1265429087' post='2162845']
Okay, now you're just being opportunistic. No ally of The Immortals is chiding them here.
[/quote]

Yes. I'm being opportunistically nice.

Does my kind treachery know no bounds?

[quote name='Roadie' date='05 February 2010 - 11:02 PM' timestamp='1265428975' post='2162843']
To The Immortals:

[/quote]

Now [i]this[/i] is funny.

[quote name='TypoNinja' date='05 February 2010 - 10:45 PM' timestamp='1265427914' post='2162797']
Because going around and making pre-emptive strikes is not an approved practice here.

We established that in Karma, you must remember that bit.
[/quote]

um, looking at some of the actions on BOTH sides, it would seem such practices are perfectly acceptable now.

[quote name='Lord Levistus' date='05 February 2010 - 11:27 PM' timestamp='1265430471' post='2162894']
um, looking at some of the actions on BOTH sides, it would seem such practices are perfectly acceptable now.
[/quote]

Where did the other side preemptively attack an alliance?

[quote name='Delta1212' date='05 February 2010 - 10:09 PM' timestamp='1265425758' post='2162713']
So your argument is that we should all back away and let C&G get rolled for not wanting to give white peace to a group of alliances that, in their declaration of war, expressly stated that they were using the war as an opportunity to strike at C&G because they believe them to be a threat [b]and would like do so again in any future wars that arise until C&G has been destroyed.[/b]

[/quote]

Bolded part is completely absurd. Had CnG quickly offered peace it would have been irrefutable proof that there has been no desire to destroy TOP, IRON,etc. It would have been a huge PR victory for your side and very much ended our "paranoia". It would have cost you nothing, saved your nations much, and made the world more peaceful generally. Instead, having seen the opportunity to destroy us and extract massive reps, you turned this into a major war to eliminate us as a threat to you. While this may now be an aggressive war on our part, your side has done much to prove that it is justified.

Also, congrats to The Immortals on achieving peace.

[quote name='WarriorConcept' date='05 February 2010 - 11:29 PM' timestamp='1265430575' post='2162899']
Where did the other side preemptively attack an alliance?
[/quote]

There are rules still? ...if so i don't see them.

There's no place left for precedent in CN. I see people jumping into fights that don't concern them, i see ghost oA chains made to bring in people that a year ago would have been ridiculed across the forums, i see friends fighting friends, I see chaos and disorder.

I lamented the fall of NPO because i foresaw the consequences (people who know me know i'm no fan of Pacifica), now we're seeing some of those consequences first hand.

[quote name='Hayzell' date='05 February 2010 - 11:31 PM' timestamp='1265430697' post='2162903']
Bolded part is completely absurd. Had CnG quickly offered peace it would have been irrefutable proof that there has been no desire to destroy TOP, IRON,etc. It would have been a huge PR victory for your side and very much ended our "paranoia". It would have cost you nothing, saved your nations much, and made the world more peaceful generally. Instead, having seen the opportunity to destroy us and extract massive reps, you turned this into a major war to eliminate us as a threat to you. While this may now be an aggressive war on our part, your side has done much to prove that it is justified.

Also, congrats to The Immortals on achieving peace.
[/quote]

In C&G's defense, your willingness to preemptively attack us proves that you are a threat

Also: those who are attacking The Immortals, you disgust me. They have not disappointed me at all by surrendering and that's the only thing that matters in this instance. If they are physically unable to wage war any longer, I would rather stand by them in the future then see them dragged down and bill locked

lulz @ immortals .. cant take the heat then get out of the kitchen.. Should of not joined a war if your going to back out of it in 2days way to leave ur allys the ones you where helping out to dry..

Also LoL @ white peace this is more of a surrender with white trying to make the immortals look decent

o/ my ex White sphere good job guys keep it rolling