An Announcement From a Few Alliances

Perhaps what should be noted here is not everyone (on the claimed winning side or other) is keen on getting utterly destroyed to further the political agendas of a few alliances that really don't care all that much about them. Given most the first waves on both sides have all offered white peace, it is insane to continue fighting when your allies ally ally refuses to accept white peace to end the entire war and wants you to burn so they can have some grudges settled. We on the other hand must continue for the very reason our friends enemies are vicious and out for blood.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='OneBallMan' date='05 February 2010 - 06:40 PM' timestamp='1265424042' post='2162637']
This is precisely what I was thinking.

I can't fathom that anyone associated with The Immortals will ever live this down.

Congrats to the "victors" here, but this comes off as kinda lame-o if I was a member of the surrendering party.

Geez, TPF held out for months against waaaaaaaay more "overwhelming" odds as have others. Enjoy your pixuls.
[/quote]
As you will recall obm, we fought for months because our friends enemies would not allow their exit without becoming a tech slave for a year. The alliances that have attacked CnG have all sought peace terms, yet the continuation of the war exists for the sole purpose of extracting revenge or attempts to destroy certain alliances. Asking a small alliance several treaties down to get nuked into oblivion so larger alliances can get some revenge is pretty selfish.

[quote name='mhawk' date='05 February 2010 - 09:48 PM' timestamp='1265424491' post='2162656']
As you will recall obm, we fought for months because our friends enemies would not allow their exit without becoming a tech slave for a year. The alliances that have attacked CnG have all sought peace terms, yet the continuation of the war exists for the sole purpose of extracting revenge or attempts to destroy certain alliances. Asking a small alliance several treaties down to get nuked into oblivion so larger alliances can get some revenge is pretty selfish.
[/quote]
They declare don FEAR in defense of FoB...

Nice work fellas

[quote] The alliances that have attacked CnG have all sought peace terms, yet the continuation of the war exists for the sole purpose of extracting revenge or attempts to destroy certain alliances. Asking a small alliance several treaties down to get nuked into oblivion so larger alliances can get some revenge is pretty selfish.[/quote]

I would listen to this guy haha, this is one of the few posts that makes sense

[quote name='Schattenmann' date='06 February 2010 - 03:44 AM' timestamp='1265424293' post='2162649']
SuperComplaints is definitely going to lose now.
[/quote]
I was thinking the same thing!

[quote name='admin' date='06 February 2010 - 03:51 AM' timestamp='1265424683' post='2162663']
The game server accepts your white peace. :v:
[/quote]
This is now an epic thread. :P

Edited by Tromp

[quote name='Delta1212' date='05 February 2010 - 06:49 PM' timestamp='1265424593' post='2162662']
They declare don FEAR in defense of FoB...
[/quote]
What it boils down to is I'm pretty sure nearly all alliances on "this side" would grant white peace and end the war if possible. Why should immortals be asked to get nuked for weeks when CnG and others could end this war. I'd feel pretty guilty asking all these unrelated alliances to fight in a huge devastating war so that we could get revenge on some past grudges.

[quote name='mhawk' date='05 February 2010 - 09:53 PM' timestamp='1265424817' post='2162671']
What it boils down to is I'm pretty sure nearly all alliances on "this side" would grant white peace and end the war if possible. Why should immortals be asked to get nuked for weeks when CnG and others could end this war. I'd feel pretty guilty asking all these unrelated alliances to fight in a huge devastating war so that we could get revenge on some past grudges.
[/quote]
I don't agree with anything you said.

That being said, FoB is directly MDP'd to Immortals. no chains. That's not unrelated.

[quote name='CptGodzilla' date='05 February 2010 - 08:42 PM' timestamp='1265424165' post='2162643']
You did give up...... before 1 round of wars were even done.
[/quote]

Hummmm... Didn't MK do that exact same thing once and aren't they still being hailed for the odds they faced during those 6 days or whatever it was?

[quote name='Roadie' date='05 February 2010 - 09:56 PM' timestamp='1265424961' post='2162675']
Hummmm... Didn't MK do that exact same thing once and aren't they still being hailed for the odds they faced during those 6 days or whatever it was?
[/quote]
That was [s]at least 2 weeks.[/s]12 days, and GR, who they went into the war for, was receiving peace at that time.

Edited by Penlugue Solaris

[quote name='mhawk' date='06 February 2010 - 03:53 AM' timestamp='1265424817' post='2162671']
[/quote]
I'm wondering... What war are you fighting?
Do you support the war of agression against CnG?

[quote name='Penlugue Solaris' date='05 February 2010 - 06:55 PM' timestamp='1265424934' post='2162674']
I don't agree with anything you said.

That being said, FoB is directly MDP'd to Immortals. no chains. That's not unrelated.
[/quote]
Fact is CnG could pretty much end the war tonight if they wanted. That is what it boils down to, until then you can act proud to be taking nukes, but don't be surprised if smaller alliances don't share the same enthusiasm. Certainly ridiculing them for leaving a war you could end tonight with little to no loss is pretty bad in my book.

[quote name='mhawk' date='05 February 2010 - 09:53 PM' timestamp='1265424817' post='2162671']
[/quote]
Of course you'd offer white peace. That's the only way you could hope to get any alliances out of the war. If you offered terms you'd be laughed at.

Look, I understand you have a vested interest in making peacing out appear as attractive as possible in order to convince as many alliances as you possibly can that abandoning their allies on the field of battle is the best option possible, because you have absolutely no chance of winning if there isn't a massive evacuation on the part of the other side. Hell, it's a good strategy regardless of whether or not you're winning to make surrender look appetizing just so you can pull out opponents you don't want to fight and concentrate your forces on their friends elsewhere. That said, you could at least check to make sure that the things you are saying about the situation are true (in this case, the example that The Immortals was some peripheral alliance rather than one who declared to defend the people at the core of the current fighting). Otherwise, your spiel comes across as transparent to the point of the ridiculous.

Although that's kind of fun to watch, so carry on.

Edited by Delta1212

[quote name='Penlugue Solaris' date='05 February 2010 - 08:57 PM' timestamp='1265425039' post='2162677']
That was [s]at least 2 weeks.[/s]12 days, and GR, who they went into the war for, was receiving peace at that time.
[/quote]

Oh, my bad then.

o/ MK!

[quote name='Tromp' date='05 February 2010 - 06:58 PM' timestamp='1265425102' post='2162680']
I'm wondering... What war are you fighting?
Do you support the war of agression against CnG?
[/quote]
My words on talking to those planning it was "it will be a disaster".

That said this war is about people wanting blood. We're here to try to help our allies achieve peace where possible. Ideally everyone would stop this foolish war. I'm certain those that did attack CnG would peace out in fast order if allowed.

[quote name='mhawk' date='05 February 2010 - 08:59 PM' timestamp='1265425153' post='2162683']
Fact is CnG could pretty much end the war tonight if they wanted. That is what it boils down to, until then you can act proud to be taking nukes, but don't be surprised if smaller alliances don't share the same enthusiasm. Certainly ridiculing them for leaving a war you could end tonight with little to no loss is pretty bad in my book.
[/quote]

I actually like what they're doing here. I think insulting their own meatshields for not being meatshieldy enough is a fantastic idea.

[quote name='penguino' date='05 February 2010 - 09:35 PM' timestamp='1265423704' post='2162622']
I think this should be our mascot for this war, due to the odds :P

[img]http://www.strangecosmos.com/images/content/136836.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

You do realize you...

you know what? I'm going to be smart here and censure myself.