Imperial Decree - New Polar Order

Grub, I suspect I know what your doing and only time will tell if I'm right.

If event's come to pass as I suspect they might, I will just say, "Called it."

Riding to NSO's defense must be commended, but knowing Xiph... this is going to get real ugly, real fast and everyone will pay dearly for it.

In my opinion, your actions have been erratic lately.

This has been the most idiotic couple of weeks in recent memory and I, for one, cannot wait for this all to end.

oh, Hi Alf.. nice sig.

• Replies 831
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Valtamdraugr' date='02 February 2010 - 07:21 PM' timestamp='1265156501' post='2154172']
This has been the most idiotic couple of weeks in recent memory and I, for one, cannot wait for this all to end.
[/quote]

Why? I haven't had this much fun in a long time.

[quote name='Corinan' date='02 February 2010 - 06:51 PM' timestamp='1265158271' post='2154206']
[/quote]
I've got to echo this. It sucks having allies on both sides and all, but this is definitely the most exciting CN's been in a long, long time.

[quote name='Johnny Apocalypse' date='02 February 2010 - 03:53 PM' timestamp='1265144015' post='2153806']
it was more of a comment on all the IRON and TOP members coming out saying how much they love Polar now, likewise for everyone coming out saying how much they hate polar now.
[/quote]
ah, fair point then.

NSO was the first ally who came to fight alongside with us, they knew it was risky still they jump in with no hesitation, when we peaced out with PC, M, FOK they didnt get peace.

They have been fighting all this time, Do you guys think we can let an ally fight alone after they came to help, if we do something like that then I would say NpO has lost its values, it is unfortunate that this is causing tensions against our other allies. I hope this tensions can be subside and we remain allies.

O/ NpO

[quote name='Corinan' date='03 February 2010 - 12:51 AM' timestamp='1265158271' post='2154206']
[/quote]
I can see your point of view, but while you were having all this fun..well, let's just say my thumbs are numb.

I figure I'll get to have a piece of said fun eventually...maybe?

I still say it's been idiotic.

[quote name='Shodemofi' date='03 February 2010 - 01:03 AM' timestamp='1265159000' post='2154223']
I've got to echo this. It sucks having allies on both sides and all, but this is definitely the most exciting CN's been in a long, long time.
[/quote]

I think that which "sucks" has actually given this period some of it's excitement. We are seeing a Treaty Web possibly thicker then ever and we are seeing exactly what that leads to and what it will continue to lead to in the future. Most of the wars of the past were all overplanned conflicts that went right as planned. This Period of War is different and continues to throw people for a loop. Whether they respond to it negatively or positively it has brought about a very large response and to think, we have only just begun.

[quote name='Bob Janova' date='02 February 2010 - 06:25 PM' timestamp='1265153138' post='2154054']
Not when you bring 'honouring treaties' into the argument, no. Personally, as soon as FOK turned it into a coalition war I would consider anyone on the other side to be fair game for someone on this side (whichever you consider 'this' and 'the other'), but then you have no leg to stand on complaining about Polar re-entering on the Polar side.

Are you referring to \m/? Because in the initial DoW thread it was made clear that RoK had been talked to before war was declared.
[/quote]

What the hell does 'talking to' have to do with anything? If I go to Polar today and say "Listen, STA are being jerks, so we're going to declare war on them. Sorry," then go and declare war on them, is it all cool with Polar now?

[quote name='Penkala' date='03 February 2010 - 12:37 PM' timestamp='1265164643' post='2154360']
What the hell does 'talking to' have to do with anything? If I go to Polar today and say "Listen, STA are being jerks, so we're going to declare war on them. Sorry," then go and declare war on them, is it all cool with Polar now?
[/quote]

Is that what happened here? I must be missing some information.

GOD declared on our ally.. go figure

[quote name='AlmightyGrub' date='02 February 2010 - 09:46 PM' timestamp='1265165181' post='2154373']

[/quote]
\m/ declared on your ally? I didn't realize. Because that's what the conversation you were walking in on was regarding.

[quote name='AlmightyGrub' date='02 February 2010 - 09:46 PM' timestamp='1265165181' post='2154373']

[/quote]

In defense of their own treaty partner, yes. You are within your rights to fight alongside your ally of course, but your treaty is explicitly non-chaining and so your assistance is entirely optional.

Also, I'll repeat myself here:

[quote name='AlmightyGrub' date='02 February 2010 - 12:31 AM' timestamp='1265088712' post='2152238']
7. It is clear now that opportunity has been taken of the situation by several groups for their own agenda. I have no issue with that as such, however [b]I will clearly state that all war should have ended with the resolution of the Polar-\m/ wars[/b]. In many cases this was carried out swiftly and justly by most people involved. I will note that several alliances will be speaking to Polaris intimately in coming weeks as we investigate attempts to claim reparations in a white peace war. Those very clever people who chose to nuke then offer peace will be remembered. You are complete scum and I will get to you later.
[/quote]

This is absurd, and frankly I cannot understand how anyone could rationally come to that conclusion. In addition to supporting you, TOP declared war on C&G for reasons entirely unrelated to Polar or \m/ - namely their desire to "eliminate a threat". C&G is more of a threat to TOP now than ever before (since TOP has shown their cards), and obviously TOP with this mentality is a huge threat to C&G.

Both sides therefore have an extremely good reason to continue the war - self preservation.

Edited by Lord Brendan

[quote name='Lord Brendan' date='03 February 2010 - 02:54 AM' timestamp='1265165674' post='2154385']

In addition to supporting you, TOP declared war on C&G for reasons entirely unrelated to Polar or \m/ - namely their desire to "eliminate a threat". C&G is more of a threat to TOP now than ever before (since TOP has shown their cards), and obviously TOP with this mentality is a huge threat to C&G.

Both sides therefore have an extremely good reason to continue the war - self preservation.
[/quote]

Yeah, I got to admit that your reasoning is sound and logical. Does such make it a different war then? I know we are used to single wars with periods of peace in between but that does not mean it has to always be that way. Are these now two back to back Wars due to reasoning for the current war being exactly as you state? The fight isn't even over the Polar and \m/ conflict anymore. It is about a much bigger face off. The current conflict is of much greater magnitude and importance to the world as a whole.

[quote name='Valtamdraugr' date='03 February 2010 - 10:21 AM' timestamp='1265156501' post='2154172']
Grub, I suspect I know what your doing and only time will tell if I'm right.

If event's come to pass as I suspect they might, I will just say, "Called it."

Riding to NSO's defense must be commended, but knowing Xiph... this is going to get real ugly, real fast and everyone will pay dearly for it.

In my opinion, your actions have been erratic lately.

oh, Hi Alf.. nice sig.
[/quote]

My actions have indeed been erratic but consistently so. And yes it is all entirely idiotic as I think we can all agree this is the silliest mess I have ever seen. Maybe it will motivate some people to actually consider their potential ally's other connections before signing a treaty.

Who knows and who cares right now, at least something interesting is happening and lots of money is being spent putting it where our mouths are..

[quote name='Bob Janova' date='02 February 2010 - 06:25 PM' timestamp='1265153138' post='2154054']
Not when you bring 'honouring treaties' into the argument, no. Personally, as soon as FOK turned it into a coalition war I would consider anyone on the other side to be fair game for someone on this side (whichever you consider 'this' and 'the other'), but then you have no leg to stand on complaining about Polar re-entering on the Polar side.
[/quote]

Bobbles, I ain't complaining about Polar re-entering, so I don't know what your on about.

[quote name='King DrunkWino' date='03 February 2010 - 04:18 AM' timestamp='1265170688' post='2154489']
Bobbles, I ain't complaining about Polar re-entering, so I don't know what your on about.
[/quote]
Then that doesn't apply to you personally. Plenty of SF people [i]are[/i] complaining though.

[quote name='Bob Janova' date='03 February 2010 - 06:29 AM' timestamp='1265200149' post='2156315']
Then that doesn't apply to you personally. Plenty of SF people [i]are[/i] complaining though.
[/quote]
Complaining that he once again jumped straight to war without allowing time for diplomacy to take its course, or even looking into it.

[quote name='Goose' date='03 February 2010 - 10:54 PM' timestamp='1265201658' post='2156336']
Complaining that he once again jumped straight to war without allowing time for diplomacy to take its course, or even looking into it.
[/quote]

You did support Athens, \m/ and Ragnarok going to war with TPF, right?

[quote name='popsumpot' date='03 February 2010 - 06:55 AM' timestamp='1265201741' post='2156338']
You did support Athens, \m/ and Ragnarok going to war with TPF, right?
[/quote]
Yes. I would have urged diplomacy if they'd asked my opinion, but if they feel no need for it is there, then I'd support them. This, however, was declaring while a diplomatic solution was being worked on.

[quote name='AlmightyGrub' date='03 February 2010 - 04:07 AM' timestamp='1265170055' post='2154460']
My actions have indeed been erratic but consistently so. And yes it is all entirely idiotic as I think we can all agree this is the silliest mess I have ever seen. Maybe it will motivate some people to actually consider their potential ally's other connections before signing a treaty.

Who knows and who cares right now, at least something interesting is happening and lots of money is being spent putting it where our mouths are..
[/quote]
Well, I hope this trend ends soon.. this "friends on opposite sides" is mucking up my nurtured angst.

Until very recently, connections weren't THAT troublesome... perhaps Gre had the right idea going paperless.

True dat, damn the pixels!!

[quote name='Evitressa' date='02 February 2010 - 02:51 AM' timestamp='1265111488' post='2152973']
If I had nukes, I would have nuked then offered peace. Instead I chose to CM/AIR/GC him at update, twice, then sent him a message asking if he wanted peace. He never responded, so I did it again up the duration of the war.

Let me make it clear that I ghosted \m/ and that I am in no way affiliated with their alliance at this very moment.

Still, if you're looking for folks who attacked multiple times after peace was declared, I'm right here. Love you too.
[/quote]

LMAO, look a big bad 3kNS nation talking trash. You have changed the world. ;)

[quote name='fant0m' date='02 February 2010 - 02:55 AM' timestamp='1265111714' post='2152976']
Nice to see you betraying GR and MK after they were attacked by an alliance with no CB whatsoever. Remember when Polar got rolled just because some alliances decided it was the best time to beat you guys down? MK and GR were there.

I seriously hope GOD rolls Polaris into dust. Maybe then you will retire and Polar can get a real leader again.
[/quote]
Times have changed, and given the opportunity, MK and GOD would have done even worse, so get off your high horse.
Where was MK and GR this time, when Polar was losing millions of NS? We all know where TOP/IRON/NSO were.

My guess the aforementioned were gearing up for war on the other side. ;)

[quote name='Kindom of Goon' date='02 February 2010 - 03:28 AM' timestamp='1265113705' post='2153003']
ha, quite hilarious to see so many 'Polar scum!' comments from the peace thread turn into 'we love you Polar!' comments.
[/quote]

Ironic it was the opposite just last week. You hated them for fighting \M/, and when they peaced out as TOP/IRON hit C&G you hailed them.

[quote name='Goose' date='03 February 2010 - 03:54 AM' timestamp='1265201658' post='2156336']
[/quote]

While those that he wanted to defend due to them jumping to his defense get beat down. Yeah, I'm sure you would have liked that.

Edited by Chalaskan