Imperial Decree - New Polar Order

[quote name='astronaut jones' date='02 February 2010 - 01:06 PM' timestamp='1265133979' post='2153461']
Your excuse for throwing common sense out the window every time it suits you, and your excuse for blatantly ignoring others when it suits you best. What's your excuse for that? And it's rude to answer a question with a question, so I expect an answer from you. I know you can handle that.
[/quote]
Is it rude to answer a question with a question? Were we all not taught to some extent the merits of the Socratic method?

• Replies 831
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Lafayette' date='02 February 2010 - 01:08 PM' timestamp='1265134115' post='2153467']
Is it rude to answer a question with a question? Were we all not taught to some extent the merits of the Socratic method?
[/quote]

If Socrates were reading these forums, he'd ask for more hemlock.

Edited by King DrunkWino

[quote name='elborrador' date='02 February 2010 - 07:02 PM' timestamp='1265133730' post='2153449']
i can't wait to burn God to the ground. it is unfortunate that RoK is allied to alliances such as GOD but when you attack NSO you also attack Polaris, and you have to deal with the consequences of your actions.
[/quote]
and hello ignorance. Why don't you go back to the hole you crawled from and leave the talking to the people who actually say something.

Edit: spelling

Edited by Tulafaras

[quote name='Angrator' date='02 February 2010 - 12:59 PM' timestamp='1265133583' post='2153445']
It's easy to judge being on the sidelines isn't it? Does it feel good?
[/quote]
I have been off the sidelines plenty in my time, just because I am not directly involved with NpO does not mean I do not have the experience to know how I would handle a similar situation. But you keep attacking the person behind the argument instead of the argument itself, I hear that is a good debate tactic.

[quote name='Bob Janova' date='02 February 2010 - 01:02 PM' timestamp='1265133763' post='2153451']
The war was not resolved before TOP/IRON declared. The peace might have been in the pipeline but when they declared the war was fully live on all fronts. If it had been resolved, TOP and IRON would not have declared!

You seem to be saying that Polar should rejoin the war on the non-Polar side. I hope putting it like that shows how silly that idea is.
[/quote]
I have said since my first post that I believe Polar should be neutral, and whether the ink on the peace was dry or not Polar knew both that TOP was attacking and that peace was being hammered out and it was Polar's responsibility and theirs alone to communicate that to all relevant parties. They did not and I do believe Grub has even admitted that.

And just as a point of note to further prove my point, according to the logs in the peace thread Grub had agreed to peace close to 2 hours before TOP's declaration.

[quote name='elborrador' date='02 February 2010 - 01:02 PM' timestamp='1265133730' post='2153449']
i can't wait to burn God to the ground. it is unfortunate that RoK is allied to alliances such as GOD but when you attack NSO you also attack Polaris, and you have to deal with the consequences of your actions.
[/quote]

I agree, the second GOD declared war on the NSO...

...wait, I musta missed that. Been a crazy few days and all, could somebody point me to GOD declaring on the Sith?

/seriously, no foolin' I missed that one
//also, try to emulate the class of your Emperor.

[quote name='King DrunkWino' date='02 February 2010 - 02:11 PM' timestamp='1265134283' post='2153471']
If Socrates were reading these forums, he'd ask for more hemlock.
[/quote]

Oh, so good.

---

And on topic, good luck getting everything sorted out.

White peace for the win, I only hope those involved seriously consider the option now.

[quote name='King DrunkWino' date='02 February 2010 - 01:20 PM' timestamp='1265134813' post='2153479']

...wait, I musta missed that. Been a crazy few days and all, could somebody point me to GOD declaring on the Sith?

/seriously, no foolin' I missed that one
//also, try to emulate the class of your Emperor.
[/quote]
http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=79201

Things get buried fast these days.

[quote name='Mathias' date='02 February 2010 - 06:43 AM' timestamp='1265111021' post='2152968']
I'd hereby like to nominate Grub for Best Ally of the Year.

Not only does he willingly put his allies in uncomfortable situations diplomatically, he fights on the opposite side of them in a war he caused. Kudos.
[/quote]

ok, I'll admit it. I loled. I do hope you realize the extreme irony of your words Mathias. Grub is fighting on the opposite side of his allies in a war he caused? You realize that it would be true if he switched sides right? But since he stayed on the side he was originally on his allies are fighting on the side opposite of him. Do you get that? I know that they were attacked, but Grub has always been on this side of the war. And as you said he caused this war which means it would be even worse if he switched sides. Besides that since when does his C&G allies think that they are more important than his other allies (re: NSO)?

To those complaining about RoK being screwed, I don't see it that way. RoKs allies are fighting NpOs allies. NpO has a right and an obligation to defend her allies here. This doesn't really put RoK in a tough situation at all. In the war between NpO and GOD they are neutral. That's all there is to it. If they really want to fight they have other allies they can fight for. If anything this makes life easier on them. An alliance should not have to treat their friends friends as friends. That's stupid. If they wanted to be friends with GOD they would have a treaty with GOD.

[quote name='astronaut jones' date='02 February 2010 - 01:06 PM' timestamp='1265133979' post='2153461']
Your excuse for throwing common sense out the window every time it suits you, and your excuse for blatantly ignoring others when it suits you best. What's your excuse for that? And it's rude to answer a question with a question, so I expect an answer from you. I know you can handle that.
[/quote]
I do not throw common sense out the window when it suits me, I do not apply common sense to those groups who do not use it when making critical decisions because common sense tells me that if people aren't going to be sensible about important things I should not expect them to be sensible about less important things.

Also who am I ignoring?

Edited by KingSrqt

[quote name='Tulafaras' date='02 February 2010 - 01:14 PM' timestamp='1265134491' post='2153474']
and hello ignorance. Why don't you go back to the hole you crawled from and leave the talking to the people who actually say something.

[/quote]
I'd like to see where his statement was an ignorant one, or do you have a bad case of verbal diarrhea?

Edited by kevin32891

[quote name='astronaut jones' date='02 February 2010 - 09:50 AM' timestamp='1265133005' post='2153427']
The only reason that alliances right now are in a "tough position" is because they were stupid enough to sign treaties that made absolutely no !@#$@#$ sense to them in the first place. MK does it a LOT. RoK does it even more than MK does. NpO does it too. Every major alliance does it, because they're all crows, and treaties are shiny objects that they must collect. They're compelled to collect them for no other reason than they're shiny, they don't need them.
[/quote]

If you are implying that our treaty with you makes no sense and is pointless, then this all makes sense. This isn't the first, second or even the third time NpO has put us in such a position.

Sad that we held that treaty in such high regard.

[quote name='KingSrqt' date='02 February 2010 - 11:19 AM' timestamp='1265131150' post='2153379']
Perhaps, but I would think out of the three allies they are slapping in the face here (MK, GR and RoK) at least one would be a real ally. But perhaps I give NpO too much credit.
[/quote]

On the other hand, it will be all of these allies of Polar that will be (and were set to be, excepting RoK possibly) on the opposite side of this war than Polar. So perhaps it's Polars allies that should be ashamed of themselves here, not Polar.

[quote name='KingSrqt' date='02 February 2010 - 01:17 PM' timestamp='1265134645' post='2153475']
I have been off the sidelines plenty in my time, just because I am not directly involved with NpO does not mean I do not have the experience to know how I would handle a similar situation. But you keep attacking the person behind the argument instead of the argument itself, I hear that is a good debate tactic.

I have said since my first post that I believe Polar should be neutral, and whether the ink on the peace was dry or not Polar knew both that TOP was attacking and that peace was being hammered out and it was Polar's responsibility and theirs alone to communicate that to all relevant parties. They did not and I do believe Grub has even admitted that.

And just as a point of note to further prove my point, according to the logs in the peace thread Grub had agreed to peace close to 2 hours before TOP's declaration.
[/quote]
Regardless of what you believe, they aren't neutral, so no use whining about it now. Your points don't matter since more important factors came into play. If you still can't grasp the basic concept of sticking by those who fight alongside you, I don't think you'll ever understand.

Now enjoy the war and stop complaining about NpO so much. :gun:

[quote name='Lancer' date='02 February 2010 - 01:31 PM' timestamp='1265135467' post='2153500']
If you are implying that our treaty with you makes no sense and is pointless, then this all makes sense. This isn't the first, second or even the third time NpO has put us in such a position.

[/quote]

You have to look at it objectively. As you say, there has been multiple times that your two alliances have been on different sides of issues. Apparently, you like each other in order to pledge to defend the other, but your going in different directions.

Clear your mind of negative emotions and the solution will present itself.

[quote name='Lancer' date='02 February 2010 - 06:31 PM' timestamp='1265135467' post='2153500']

[/quote]

I am implying that your alliance quite readily signs treaties that make absolutely no sense to you, your allies, or to the general political direction you wish to take. You are not alone in that, however, so don't go getting your panties in a bunch over something I said quite yet.

[quote]11. To my allies and friends in SF, I am sorry, again. Hopefully we can resolve these issues as rapidly as possible and go back to being allies of the highest order, until then I remain your friend regardless.
[/quote]

I honestly don't think you understand what being an ally means, at all. You threatened to attack MK (your MDoAP partner) to get to their MDAP partner; you attacked an MDoAP partner of your MDoAP partner, and now you have attacked an MDAP partner of your MDoAP partner. Being an ally isn't something you turn off to hurt that ally, then re-activate again.

[quote name='KingSrqt' date='02 February 2010 - 09:57 AM' timestamp='1265133459' post='2153443']
The issue, above all others (and I do not feel like arguing the semantics between preemptive and unprovoked because I am very confident that we could both do it all day) is that the war was resolved before TOP declared and it is no ones fault but NpO's that TOP did not know that before their declaration.[/quote]
It is our fault and our responsibility for enabling them. We're not trying to pass the blame, we're trying to own up to it.

[quote name='KingSrqt' date='02 February 2010 - 09:57 AM' timestamp='1265133459' post='2153443']So what right does NpO have to be upset at anyone when their action directly lead to the harm of their allies and what on earth could justify entering the war on a side directly opposing the very allies your actions harmed.[/quote]
We're not particularly upset at anyone on the other side, we simply have an ally left in the conflict who looks like they could use us a bit more than most and we feel largely responsible for that.

[quote name='Tulafaras' date='02 February 2010 - 01:14 PM' timestamp='1265134491' post='2153474']

[/quote]
a well thought out and intelligent argument, i concede.

[quote name='King DrunkWino' date='02 February 2010 - 01:20 PM' timestamp='1265134813' post='2153479']

.[/quote]
i'd try looking here http://www.cybernations.net/search_wars.asp?searchstring=Declaring_Alliance,Receiving_Alliance&search=Global+Order+Of+Darkness+new+sith+order

Edited by elborrador

[quote name='King DrunkWino' date='02 February 2010 - 12:28 PM' timestamp='1265135290' post='2153495']
Me. I need a hug.
[/quote]

I'm sure your not alone, when the smoke clears from all this, I predict medical cost's skyrocketing.

[img]http://blog.beliefnet.com/beyondblue/imgs/psychiatry-couch.gif[/img]

[quote name='KingSrqt' date='02 February 2010 - 06:27 PM' timestamp='1265135232' post='2153493']
I do not throw common sense out the window when it suits me, I do not apply common sense to those groups who do not use it when making critical decisions because common sense tells me that if people aren't going to be sensible about important things I should not expect them to be sensible about less important things.

Also who am I ignoring?
[/quote]

As you claim you don't throw common sense to the wind, then in the future, when things are obvious and clear to pretty much anyone as to why one alliance (in this case, the NpO) does anything (in this case, re-joining the fight on the side of NSO), then I would expect you to not so blatantly ignore that which is obvious, and not let your own personal opinions and feelings cloud your better judgement.

If you can manage that. I'm not so sure you can, to be honest.