Announcement from \m/, Poison Clan, FOK! and New Polar Order

I've a standing promise to make the day FEAR declares on us or visa versa an official GOD holiday, to be commemorated yearly.

Please do - no hurring, sincerely - please do.

I remember that in WWE actually did it :D Also hail CDT-CA discussion, yeah?

The future is unwritten, so if i were you i would come out from peace mode.

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

o/ NpO

Was a really good fight, massive respect for you guys.

Seriously? You respect them after they blatantly (and aggressively imo) shafted their allies and allies' allies? This level of planning and deceit seems pretty crappy to me. I expect their direct allies to get peace in no time but it shows disrespect to those direct allies to have no regard for their allies.

I can see their reasoning though. It was either 1) Tell their allies to stay out as they expect \m/ to apologise soon or 2) Rescind the offer to \m/ after the whole thing escalated and see the war through to the end.

In the case of 1) NpO would likely get bet down as \m/ would never apologise if NpO had no military support, so obviously that wouldnt have been a smart choice. But 2) was the decent choice. By not going that route they have shown a serious character flaw.

Of course the best option would have been to not start the war in the first place and allow a better CB spark something so we can have a proper war.

Meh, all round poor show NpO.

\edit\ spelling.

Edited by Huang Ti

We have been offering peace terms to \m/ since Day 1. I don't really see how your argument stacks up except as a trite attempt at being witty.

Your allies, UPN and USN are at war. While they fight for you, you just peace out. No men left behind?

Sounds witty?

Your allies, UPN and USN are at war. While they fight for you, you just peace out. No men left behind?

Sounds witty?

^ This

You don't just peace out without your allies. Was peacing out really that urgent? NpO couldn't take another day of nukes after what? 2-3 days of war? Poor show.

EDIT: A war that you started no less.

Edited by Canik

Seriously? You respect them after they blatantly (and aggressively imo) shafted their allies and allies' allies? This level of planning and deceit seems pretty crappy to me. I expect their direct allies to get peace in no time but it shows disrespect to those direct allies to have no regard for their allies.

I can see their reasoning though. It was either 1) Tell their allies to stay out as they expect \m/ to apologise soon or 2) Rescind the offer to \m/ after the whole thing escalated and see the war through to the end.

In the case of 1) NpO would likely get bet down as \m/ would never apologise if NpO had no military support, so obviously that wouldnt have been a smart choice. But 2) was the decent choice. By not going that route they have shown a serious character flaw.

Of course the best option would have been to not start the war in the first place and allow a better CB spark something so we can have a proper war.

Meh, all round poor show NpO.

\edit\ spelling.

Apparently the deal was struck ridiculously quickly and then posted immediately. I had about 20 seconds heads up of the peace deal via IRC before it was already on the forums.

NpO made the peace terms to \m/ pretty clear from the beginning. To the extent that they complied with the terms, I'm not exactly sure what you wanted them to do. What exactly would "seeing the war to the end" even mean in this case? Grub wanted them to apologize and they did, so... yeah. As to why \m/ waited till now to do so, go ask \m/. Polar said they'd peace out whenever they agreed to that.

While you usually give allies a heads up before posting stuff like this, it would just be faster to post on the forums. It informs everyone immediately.So yeah, what exactly would you have Polar do? Not accept \m/'s apology? I mean, then that begs the question of why they're at war.

Anyway, this awful war is over now so I'm happy.

Sounds witty?

If there's one thing I can guarantee, there's no way in the wide world any of our allies will be left in the lurch or forgotten. UPN and USN along with every other ally will be looked after so you need not worry.

To my opponents I thank you for clean fun warring. Het is terecht either you have the best SDI or I had the worse nukes on planet Bob!

To all our allies who stood with us I thank you on behalf of myself and Polaris from the bottom of my heart.

Sounds witty?

^ This

You don't just peace out without your allies. Was peacing out really that urgent? NpO couldn't take another day of nukes after what? 2-3 days of war? Poor show.

EDIT: A war that you started no less.

It has the same result. There's no doubt in anyone's mind that USN and UPN are getting white peace. What exactly would waiting a few days have done? This lets the entire world know right now that the NpO-\m/ war is over and that all conflicts stemming from that can be peaced out.

This image would seem to demonstrate my feelings towards tonights events rather well.

bear-trap1.jpg

It seems that this man speaks the truth; I wasn't expecting such an exceptional orchestration of events just to put TOP in this position, so I must say I am rather surprised. On the other hand I may be wrong so I will just wait and see how far this will go :popcorn: Hail Neutrality :P

I guess either way they would have been looked down upon. Either they went back on thier word about peace always being on the table or they left their allies in the war.

Anyway, much fun was had from this Polar. I enjoyed talking to those nations I fought against.

Well I got your friend, too.

You guys almost knocked me to sub-1K infra though, so it was fun.

You would have been knocked down to less than 1k infra if it wasn't for the fact I had no computer access for 2 days.

You were a great opponent Starfox. I thank you for the 6 nukes you directed at me :P

You would have been knocked down to less than 1k infra if it wasn't for the fact I had no computer access for 2 days.

You were a great opponent Starfox. I thank you for the 6 nukes you directed at me :P

Heh, true. I tried to take advantage of that and win some ground battles. Didn't go so well though, haha.

Heh, true. I tried to take advantage of that and win some ground battles. Didn't go so well though, haha.

Didn't I have like 1 soldier and 2k tanks? I thought you would defeat alert me :P

What did everyone expect, the only reason this got so big was because of the treaty web, in reality this was always an issue between NpO and \m/ and, that issue was resolved, therefore they agree peace, kinda simple and boring compared to:

\m/ wants to raid small alliances and will kill anyone who tries to stop them

and

Grub just wants to destroy \m/ over ancient history