\m/, I just want to help

Alterego

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess ill need to ffind an exterminator then

It hurts me when you say stuff like this -_-

\m/ are our allies, and so are you. I may like one better than the other *wink, wink, nudge, nudge* but I would rather not have my allies bickering over stuff like this.

Even if tech-raiding is pretty damn despicable

It hurts me when you say stuff like this -_-

\m/ are our allies, and so are you. I may like one better than the other *wink, wink, nudge, nudge* but I would rather not have my allies bickering over stuff like this.

Even if tech-raiding is pretty damn despicable

I feel sorry for you for having to be associated to it, even by proxy.

I am against tech raiding. But that's mostly a projection of my stance on stealing from others.

Raiding is a way of forcing one's view on others.

Forcing a raider to cease his activity is also a way of forcing one's view on others.

It's unfortunate that FoA got caught out in the open with no protection.

I do not see raiders as a threat to anyone other than those that fail to take the necessary steps to protect themselves.

I do not blame the lion for the suffering its prey endures.

Oh please. Comparing them to a lion is a slight against the entire animal kingdom.

Even a lion hunts for survival, not for !@#$s and giggles.

I watch my share of the Discovery channel (a new tv channel my nation has been hooked on), and not once have I seen a lion skipping and prancing around a dead gazelle like a naive school girl who I later tempted with some candy I found in my coat pocket.

I see people talking about "tech raiding" again.

Please go back to page 2 where it was established this was an official government-organised war, not a raid.

Kthxbye.

And Emperor Marx's reason of "tech liberation front" is just a huge typo, right?

Gimme a break. It was just a glorified raid. Please don't try to paint it as anything more or less.

We do not have a protectorate with GOONS and haven't for some time. Do try to keep up.

It would also be wise to note, the opinions of individual members may or may not reflect the views of the alliance or indeed the Emperor of Polaris.

As for the question you really meant to ask, Polaris has previously taken a hard stand on these kind of activities. Our approach to this situation is and will be entirely consistent with our previous positions. Just because we do most of our work behind closed doors doesn't mean we are not working ;)

I will state for the record, I am disgusted at the actions of the three alliances involved, I presume by now those same alliances know exactly what I am thinking.

nvr mind.

Edited by Merrie Melodies

Oh please. Comparing them to a lion is a slight against the entire animal kingdom.

I watch my share of the Discovery channel (a new tv channel my nation has been hooked on), and not once have I seen a lion skipping and prancing around a dead gazelle like a naive school girl who I later tempted with some candy I found in my coat pocket.

Your post is confusing and slightly exciting me. Where can our nation subscribe to this channels of discovery your nation enjoys? Does it have 'specials of late night' I hear so much about?

Also, good points.

Edited by Kzoppistan

You know what's really funny about this situation? It wouldn't have ever happened under the old \m/. They at least followed their charter. Good to know that a bunch of people who were removed by Admin's wrath were better leaders then the current \m/ leadership.

Your post is confusing and slightly exciting me. Where can our nation subscribe to this channels of discovery your nation enjoys? Does it have 'specials of late night' I hear so much about?

Also, good points.

Oh does it ever.

You'd be surprised how exciting the world of ants can be. They can carry up 50 times their own body weight HOLY !@#$!!!!1

Great approach, MM. "hey, let's tell the other guy how he's exactly like us, that'll be sure to make him re-evaluate his life and while he does that we'll be over here breaking the fine china". Works in the movies, right?

I would like to clarify that the above reference was not made in honor of a single alliance or member, but of the "tech-raider" in general.

I would argue that the tech-raider is a predator as it chooses its prey item in much the same way, seeking the sick, injured, or isolated. I will agree with the distinction that a Lion must destroy its prey item in order to exist. In this regard, my analogy was incorrect. Raiding does not result in the destruction of the prey, and is also not necessary for the survival of the predator.

I will let the rest of your comment go without retort and dismiss it as facetious.

I am against tech raiding. But that's mostly a projection of my stance on stealing from others.

Im not against raiding but I am against actions that can kill a whole alliance. By kill I mean disband or see the nations die out one by one with the whole futility of surviving alone under constant attack being the driving force.

Forcing a raider to cease his activity is also a way of forcing one's view on others.

There is raiding and there is an attack that could see a whole alliance die or disband. There are 4,203 and only 1,201 are in peace mode, raiding unaligneds is generally seen as acceptable because they know the risks of being on AA none out of peace mode.

I do not see raiders as a threat to anyone other than those that fail to take the necessary steps to protect themselves.

When an alliance get hit en masse bu multiple alliances at one time with a strong possibility of more raiders from the same and other alliances to follow then it puts that alliance in serious jeopardy of dying or disbanding.

A lion has only one choice eat or die.

Edited by Alterego

I would like to clarify that the above reference was not made in honor of a single alliance or member, but of the "tech-raider" in general.

I would argue that the tech-raider is a predator as it chooses its prey item in much the same way, seeking the sick, injured, or isolated. I will agree with the distinction that a Lion must destroy its prey item in order to exist. In this regard, my analogy was incorrect. Raiding does not result in the destruction of the prey, and is also not necessary for the survival of the predator.

I will let the rest of your comment go without retort and dismiss it as facetious.

It might be more fun to look for one of those documentaries on cockroaches since they don't really work as well together in alliances as ants do.

I am not sure if roaches are as fascinating to watch, but it's pretty amazing how fast they run when a light comes on. There's usually a slow one that sticks around a little too long, though. I always feel bad for that one, since he probably just ate too much or something.

And no, I am not calling you the slow one.

:)

Im not against raiding but I am against actions that can kill a whole alliance. By kill I mean disband or see the nations die out one by one with the whole futility of surviving alone under constant attack being the driving force.

There is raiding and there is an attack that could see a whole alliance die or disband. There are 4,203 and only 1,201 are in peace mode, raiding unaligneds is generally seen as acceptable because they know the risks of being on AA none out of peace mode.

When an alliance get hit en masse bu multiple alliances at one time with a strong possibility of more raiders from the same and other alliances to follow then it puts that alliance in serious jeopardy of dying or disbanding.

I agree that the threat is plausible. There are a great many factors involved in the cohesiveness or longevity of a community. The alliance and their leaders have a responsibility as well and if there is a failure there, then some portion of the blame must be extended to those responsible for that failure. Opportunists should not be blamed for the opportunity that presents itself.

A lion has only one choice eat or die.

We missed each other. I amended by view on this point.

It might be more fun to look for one of those documentaries on cockroaches since they don't really work as well together in alliances as ants do.

I am not sure if roaches are as fascinating to watch, but it's pretty amazing how fast they run when a light comes on. There's usually a slow one that sticks around a little too long, though. I always feel bad for that one, since he probably just ate too much or something.

And no, I am not calling you the slow one.

:)

I agree with you. I believe roaches' leg muscles are hard-wired to their sense of vibration/movement. They can, in effect, find themselves running before their "brains" receive the information.

Edited by Valtamdraugr

Hm no new aid offers for FOA yet people continue to cry about how badly FOA got treated. somehow im not too surprised

To be fair, I think most people here are arguing against the mentality used to attack FoA. Most of FoA leadership seems rather content with its current situation so there is no point is arguing in FoA's behalf.

You know what's really funny about this situation? It wouldn't have ever happened under the old \m/. They at least followed their charter. Good to know that a bunch of people who were removed by Admin's wrath were better leaders then the current \m/ leadership.

Except that it probably would have. Old \m/'s lottery once attacked Darth Andrew while he was IAA (iirc).

EDIT:

Man up and send some aid yourself, or shut the $%&@ up about it already.

I don't think he cares. He just cares that people who do care, aren't caring enough :v:

Edited by Earogema

To be fair, I think most people here are arguing against the mentality used to attack FoA. Most of FoA leadership seems rather content with its current situation so there is no point is arguing in FoA's behalf.

There's no point in doing either. I doubt \m/'s, GOONS's and PC's way of thinking will change as a result of this thread.

I doubt most of their allies would be swayed to turn on them either. In the end people who hated \m/ will continue to hate them and people who loved \m/ will continue to love them. Same probably goes for the other two. So all this really amounts to is nearly 50 pages of pointless bullcrap.

The matter is solved, and no one's converting anyone to their mindset, at least not today.

There's no point in doing either. I doubt \m/'s, GOONS's and PC's way of thinking will change as a result of this thread.

I doubt most of their allies would be swayed to turn on them either. In the end people who hated \m/ will continue to hate them and people who loved \m/ will continue to love them. Same probably goes for the other two. So all this really amounts to is nearly 50 pages of pointless bullcrap.

The matter is solved, and no one's converting anyone to their mindset, at least not today.

I wouldn't call this 'pointless bullcrap'. Public opinion is actually important in politics and diplomacy. The point of expressing one's opinions is not to simply change the hearts and minds of the offenders but to express the belief that their actions are not accepted within part of the community. They can choose to either ignore that part of the community. However, others might not and in the future might think twice before doing what \m/, PC, and GOONS did.