GATO Announcement of Senility

202.jpg

Good news everyone! I have just invented a device that will force you to read this announcement in my voice!

biggatoflag.png

Global Alliance and Treaty Organization Turns 4

img_4718.JPG

At update tonight GATO will have graced this planet for 4 years. There are many stories an old GATOan could tell you. There are many more that any old member of our Bob could tell of GATO. However, there is not a nation in existence today that could say they were there when GATO was founded. Not one. Yes, GATO has managed to stick around so long that it is two days older than the oldest nation in existence today. That nation is Das Girl, GATO's beloved recruiter extraordinaire, sweetheart, and all around great friend. She was here for everything but the founding and Depraved resting on the second day.

GATO comes from an age before nuclear weapons and tanks and when the avg strength of the #1 alliance was a few hundred NS. GATO was there when the first alliance war was declared and when the first ceasefire was agreed upon. GATO was around to see the game flooded by players from another realm and expand to numbers that allowed multiple alliances to have over 1000 members. We’ve seen the good and the bad.

Yes, GATO has seen it all and been involved in a lot of it. GATO has won some wars and lost some wars and been beaten to a miserable pulp in one or two more but she remains. Many find this to be the most impressive thing about GATO. Not just the longevity but the longevity despite all that has transpired. There are many alliances that couldn’t even face the threat of war before packing it in. Not us. We persevere. We take all the world can throw at us, and get up, and dust ourselves off, and cast a smile to the sky. We know we will be here ‘til Bob’s end.

How do we do it? We have some of the most loyal members Bob has ever seen. Sure the big names change. Gone are names like Chris Kaos, Walford, Depraved, and Gonzoczar though people can still tell you some stories about these characters. These are names you can trace back to pivotal points in not only GATO’s history but the history of our world. There are names in the GATO books that may not have been so big but have been here for as long as anyone can remember. Names like Sarysus and ManisB, Kevlar and Jsims8, Esau of Isaac and Lizardo, Greg23 and benjaminperdomo, xkirra, Pokey, Tomahawk, Mr. Fax Sender and many, many more. You don’t see all of these members out front playing the political game but they are the proverbial glue that holds this alliance together. Members like these who never gave up even after the 3rd time they were Zi’d. The General Assembly are the people who have held GATO together for so long. As a result they all look like this:

madconyers.JPG

Of course, GATO could not have survived without the love of friends outside the alliance either. Throughout our long history we have been able to call some of the finest alliances ever to grace those pages friend and ally. Where would we be today if not for IAA or CSN? Would GATO’s name be as recognized if we didn’t have LUE and NAAC to stand beside us all those years ago? To all our friends that have stood by us over the years we thank you for everything. For those friends who are no longer with us, we miss you and remember fondly the days of yore when we rode proudly together no matter the consequence. You will never be forgotten in the halls of the General Assembly. Never.

We look to the future now. GATO will go on and we will do great things. We plan on a long period of prosperity with friends like Athens, NSO, ODN, IAA, and VE. We hope to improve on our relations with our other friends across Bob and develop our little guys Christie Kreme and Midnight Order into well rounded alliances. There may be bumps and bruises along the way, but that has never stopped us before. We look forward to new friends and rekindling old flames. We look forward to peace and if you annoy the Sasquatch enough maybe a little war here and there. To any detractors out there…….don’t blink we may just surprise you.

In conclusion we would like to invite all of you to our IRC chan at #GATO on coldfront to pat us on the back or call us WAE if you must. :awesome: We really want to invite you to share your stories of GATO from times past and create a pool of nostalgia so large we all might drown in it. We’ll be there all day and I’m sure we’ll have some fun.

If you read this all in Farnsworth’s voice you get nothing but I bet it sounded better.

TL;DR Strength in Unity, Honour in Justice. Forever and ever. Amen.

Edited by magicninja

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been blessed to have been an ally to GATO for most of your 4 years. I wish you 4 more happy ones, and perhaps more peaceful years, as well.

It truely has been an honor and a pleasure sir. IAA has been some of the best allies anyone could ever ask for, through thick and thin. GATO would be nothing without you guys by our sides.

:wub: GATO :wub:

I hve been truly honored to have fought and been ZI'ed in your ranks, GATO's resolve in the face of adversity and its members dedication to each other (when in a tight spot) is something that will stay with me for all time.

*Cata salutes

O/ CATA!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D