Imperial Decree - New Polar Order

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting turn of events indeed. I guess this means only STA and NpO had disagreements.
STA and NSO decided their official relationship couldn't be maintained, and we decided that we still cared enough to keep treaties with both of them. So not really a disagreement per se.

STA and NSO decided their official relationship couldn't be maintained, and we decided that we still cared enough to keep treaties with both of them. So not really a disagreement per se.

Correct.

As both Tygaland and myself have commented, sometimes alliances have different policies and different perspectives that make an obligating relationship somewhat unwieldy. I have no ill will or anger towards STA and they have none towards NSO, we simply have some political disagreements and decided mutually to dissolve the relationship.

Alliances grow apart. This does not mean we spit on the service STA did to us in our early days or that we would stand idly by and let them be attacked through someone elses unwarranted aggression, it just means that we have grown apart and our ultimate paths are somewhat different. The end.

Recently, in the secret Polar ice floe...

<Penguin> For the love of all that is good use a subtitle :P

<AlmightyGrub> :P

<AlmightyGrub> no

* Penguin cries

I tried, Planet Bob, but I failed you. :(

f_101ir2fd4m_4be5123.jpg

I do not support this unorthodox use of similar titles. I urge you to take action soon.

Wow, I thought you guys already had a treaty.

Why didn't you guys already have a treaty?

Stop titling all your announcements the same thing Grub. It's impossible to keep track of the threads.

I've always thought of self-styled emperors titling joint treaty announcements an "Imperial Decree from the New _____ Order" as a bit of an insult to the other party, as if the "imperial" signatory were superior to the other.

Wow, I thought you guys already had a treaty.

Why didn't you guys already have a treaty?

We did, it was called Frostbite.

I've always thought of self-styled emperors titling joint treaty announcements an "Imperial Decree from the New _____ Order" as a bit of an insult to the other party, as if the "imperial" signatory were superior to the other.

I never considered it that way when I did it and I don't consider it that way here now.

*sigh*

Didn't you guys have your chance too while I was away? I offered to speak with you about it but you guys never came to me, now you are crybabying on the boards to what end?

Who do you hide behind?

Superfriends.

Congratulations to NSO and Polaris, two mighty fine alliances.

Yes that is the intention. I am clearly better than Ivan and therefore I will use my Imperial title and position to demean him whilst posting a treaty. What annoys me is people who have no concept of anything that goes on here, never had any concept of what happens here, and possibly never will if the trend continues, making snide comments about matters not involving them.... not that any matter is likely to involve you.

The Emperor of Polaris is not self-styled, but rather operates within a framework laid out since time began. Sorry if it conflicts with your narrow views.

Yes that is the intention. I am clearly better than Ivan and therefore I will use my Imperial title and position to demean him whilst posting a treaty. What annoys me is people who have no concept of anything that goes on here, never had any concept of what happens here, and possibly never will if the trend continues, making snide comments about matters not involving them.... not that any matter is likely to involve you.

Jesus Christ, Grub. Need a tissue? Way to take that the wrong way.

The Emperor of Polaris is not self-styled, but rather operates within a framework laid out since time began. Sorry if it conflicts with your narrow views.

My narrow views of what now? I'm not sure how you could divine my views, narrow or otherwise, from my use of "self-styled". I think you need to relax a little. Or channel that righteous indignation at someone actually making these "snide comments" that irk you so.

Edited by Sal Paradise

Jesus Christ, Grub. Need a tissue? Way to take that the wrong way.

My narrow views of what now? I'm not sure how you could divine my views, narrow or otherwise, from my use of "self-styled". I think you need to relax a little. Or channel that righteous indignation at someone actually making these "snide comments" that irk you so.

No, I think I am spot on.. as usual

No, I think I am spot on.. as usual

He said with an uncharacteristic lack of confidence.

Seriously now, my comment wasn't meant to disparage you, your alliance, Mr. Moldavi or NSO. Believe me, I would if I had reason. Just merely an observation. I've always thought those "Imperial Decrees" for joint announcements to be insulting. Never had a reason to point it out until Jyrinx reminded me of it with his post. That may not be the intent, but that wasn't my point. Your New ____ Order counterpart was quick to calmly defend the practice. You just as quick, but not as calmly.

Edited by Sal Paradise

He said with an uncharacteristic lack of confidence.

Seriously now, my comment wasn't meant to disparage you, your alliance, Mr. Moldavi or NSO. Believe me, I would if I had reason. Just merely an observation. I've always thought those "Imperial Decrees" for joint announcements to be insulting. Never had a reason to point it out until Jyrinx reminded me of it with his post. That may not be the intent, but that wasn't my point. Your New ____ Order counterpart was quick to calmly defend the practice. You just as quick, but not as calmly.

AG didn't want to break his trend of naming 3 announcements the exact same thing. Its simple. :P

Also Im sure there was no ulterior motive behind AG's actions besides......*gasp* being the one to announce it maybe?

I think Grub is trying to set a record with most Announcements in such a short period of time.

Nobody can touch Ephie.

Grub, looks like the idiots are out in force again - you showed them up nicely.

Let's be extremely clear. Polaris has many friends and we respect all of their positions. Sometimes these positions put our friends at odds and that is regrettable.

Somehow, I think I know exactly how you feel.