Anyone else remember this?

Krzyzewskiville

While these holidays are really not convenient for the game, that "run to the hills we could get owned (as unavoidably they did later on)" was one of the most hilarious things I witnessed in this game and I dunno why anybody would like to bring that up.

A big war would have not happen anyway then as neither side would be able to really mobilize. It was a PR in game political move that just screamed weakness.

Legion is better alliance now that went through a lot and survived since then and no need to bring up old pathetic moments from their past. Its not fair to them, just saying.

You're right! lets not fight on Christmas, New Years, Memorial Day. Labor Day, Presidents day, Boxing Day, 4th of July, Easter, Valentines....you get the point. i, for one, will not be going anywhere NEAR a vehicle tonight so what better to do than watch Dick Clark on TV and blow up someone elses nation

Few people celebrate Boxing Day or Labor Day, or President's Day. Etc. Pretty much everyone celebrates Christmas. I know I might get a response with someone saying 'I don't.' Well, I'm sorry about that, but 75%+ of the population does. Same for New Years.

If people are going to go home once a year to see their family, it is during Christmas time (the vast majority of the time). My uncle does this. I see him once a year, and it is at this time of year.

Comparing Boxing Day to Christmas is just ridiculous.

Respect to those quadding at midnight on new year's eve, you make me feel better about myself. So good I won't even care about getting hit while away!

If someone enjoying a game on new years eve instead of whatever earth shatteringly important thing you happen to be doing makes you feel better about yourself...then you need a huge dose of self esteem.

Loads of people don't make a big deal out of New Years. Some people are too young to go out and party, a lot of the people on CN. SOme like myself are past our partying days. Although even when I drank all the time, I didn't go out on NEw Years of St. Patrick's day because all the amateur drinkers bothered myself and the other pros.

However if some one DOWs one New Years eve, that is just bad taste.

Well, considering it's New Years Eve - I think the chances are higher that we will have DoW's around, say 12:45a.m. or so when some alliance leader is drunk and has a skewed sense of humor. So, is there a "so sorry, I was really drunk and I didn't mean it?" defense for starting world wars for no reason whatsoever?

If so, I'll make it clear now that I don't buy it. Just don't get that drunk.

I really wanted the war between The Initiative and The League to take place over Christmas break, I mean I was generally up during that time no matter what, but during school I am usually writing a paper or studying for an exam of some sort.

It really is a pleasant trip down memory lane. Back when the web had poles and life was good. Wars are just so much more fun when you have clear cut sides, a build up to conflict and less bandwagoning. Now adays people treaty with both sides and then just cancel with the losing side.

Get off my lawn, etc.

Holy crap, it's CRex. I enjoyed reading your posts on the Farkistani boards you made around the time of GW3.

Few people celebrate Boxing Day or Labor Day, or President's Day. Etc. Pretty much everyone celebrates Christmas. I know I might get a response with someone saying 'I don't.' Well, I'm sorry about that, but 75%+ of the population does. Same for New Years.

If people are going to go home once a year to see their family, it is during Christmas time (the vast majority of the time). My uncle does this. I see him once a year, and it is at this time of year.

Ok. if you're THAT worried about your nation being pummeled while you enjoy time with family maybe its time to step away for awhile.

Honestly, if you have something better to do on New Years, do it. So your nation might suffer an attack without you being able to respond. Big whoop de doo. It's a game, and I like to think you can get over it. Why should we all work to avoid a war just because of one evening? We all play this game because we enjoy it, why should the holidays be any different? Sorry, this topic just rubs me the wrong way.

i have to agree with this. seems to be a bit of a double standard to me. "zomg we should not war over Christmas/New Years/Thanksgiving/Valentine's day/Arbor day because i have a life...... and i do not want my precious pixels to be blown up while i am gone because others may be able to spare an hour or so to be on at update..."

Now, I'm not trying to be rude, but do you take your uncle to the bathroom, too? During the whole Xmas holiday, do you not have a single moment to yourself? I imagine your uncle goes to bed, and you probably sleep in different rooms (perhaps even different buildings). Citing Christmas as a reason not participate in an online game strikes me as a major cop out.

If you don't want to play on Xmas, I completely respect your choice, but I don't think the rest of us are somehow morally obligated to respect your vacation schedule.

-Craig

edit: not intentionally singling you out. You were just a convenient place to hang my comments.

Edited by Comrade Craig