TPF MDoAP Treaties

Sigrun Vapneir

Ok, pop quiz....if they wait 1 more day after that, how many days will they have had to prepare?

like i said, keep up the witty remarks. seems all VA is capable of in this war is witty remarks. i am honestly glad i am not allied to VA and waiting to see if they will join this war or not. cuz you realize that the ave. TPF member only sees the treaties and then looks around and sees him and his alliancemates getting destroyed, while his allies are only on the OWF making witty remarks instead of giving them aid.

so regardless of whether any back room talks are taking place, TPF activated their defensive clauses and you continue to sit on your $@! instead of honoring it.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

like... witty remarks...VA is capable of...witty remarks. i am honestly glad....

I'm sorry, all I saw was the above. After that I think you said something about *$#es and something else. I'm not sure.

TPF knows VA. VA knows TPF. We're all one happy family. Unfortunately...

I'm sorry, all I saw was the above. After that I think you said something about *$#es and something else. I'm not sure.

TPF knows VA. VA knows TPF. We're all one happy family. Unfortunately...

so you are the type of family that allows their brother to be beaten until he is in the ICU before attempting to come to his aid? glad i ain't your family. if that were the case, i would disown you long ago and look for a better brother.

so you are the type of family that allows their brother to be beaten until he is in the ICU before attempting to come to his aid? glad i ain't your family. if that were the case, i would disown you long ago and look for a better brother.

Um, last I checked, you don't choose family. We didn't choose TPF. It was fate. We were willed into their bosom.

And that just shows how sad you are, disowning your own family member. How could you? He's your brother?!?!

Anywho, it's good to let the big brother take a lil beating every now and then. Toughens them up.

Um, last I checked, you don't choose family. We didn't choose TPF. It was fate. We were willed into their bosom.

And that just shows how sad you are, disowning your own family member. How could you? He's your brother?!?!

Anywho, it's good to let the big brother take a lil beating every now and then. Toughens them up.

how sad i am? if my bro did not take a beating for me when he swore he would, why would i keep him around? i would rather have fate find me a brother that will keep his word and take a beating with me.

how sad i am? if my bro did not take a beating for me when he swore he would, why would i keep him around? i would rather have fate find me a brother that will keep his word and take a beating with me.

Wow, some brother you are?!!? Jeesh. Drop blood because you got beat up a lil bit. I feel sorry for any of your brethren.

Anywho, that's neither here nor there.

Back to the topic at hand...wait, what was that again?

Oh, right, TPF is getting rolled, nobody's helping them, they're on their own, their allies suck, all should die in a fiery grave...

Ok, continue...

Wow, some brother you are?!!? Jeesh. Drop blood because you got beat up a lil bit. I feel sorry for any of your brethren.

Oh, right, TPF is getting rolled, nobody's helping them, they're on their own, their allies suck, all should die in a fiery grave...

Ok, continue...

I'll grab the lighter fluid

I'll grab the lighter fluid

thick :wub:

Also this thread is quite correct. Only the three are obligated due to TPF's actions, and the other five have no reason to come in short of their own desire.

Could you clarify this for their MADP treaties as well? Are there any antispying clauses in those?

Oh you are a tricky one. Two threads D:

Edited by Penlugue Solaris

Stop saying TPF allies aren't going to go in. You make yourself look foolish when you do so.

You can insult them about the timeline all you wish, but have no doubts that alliances such as NEW and VA at the very least will be involved, and based off the replies from most of their other allies they will be involved as well.

While they may have the ability to back out via treaties, realize that the relationships that exist between the alliances will make them blind to this. They will not care if they are not obligated to defend their friend, they will still do it. If you are friends with someone, even if they are completely in the wrong you will still stand with them. TPF's allies will come imo.

Just do it quicker before you start to look like cowards who had to actually think about it and not just defend their friends because they were their friends.

FBI.

Stop saying TPF allies aren't going to go in. You make yourself look foolish when you do so.

You can insult them about the timeline all you wish, but have no doubts that alliances such as NEW and VA at the very least will be involved, and based off the replies from most of their other allies they will be involved as well.

Hoo, I mean who, told you this? Lies I tell you...LIES!

Bob, haven't you been told, we're dishonorable? Get with the times!

I'll be eager to see your reaction when it's your nation about to be destroyed because your ally did something that every alliance in CN disapproves of.

Infact we DO have an ally who screwed up and isnt exactly making friends. while i cannot speak on a official capacity i feel confident in saying we would honor our treaty regardless of the odds, again

i feel confident in saying we would honor our treaty regardless of the odds, again

The odds aren't really the salient point in this debate. The point is that the ally in question (probably) spied and is getting what they deserve for it. You have an unfortunate dichotomy: either blindly support your ally, which is pretty stupid, or sever on the grounds that someone who spies does not deserve your protection, no matter what words bind you to them.

I personally prefer to honor principles rather than words. If you truly support TPF throughout all this, then wonderful and I applaud you for defending them. But if you're supporting a treaty, an inanimate object which has already been broken when TPF violated its anti-spying clause, then that's the opposite of noble.

I hope what we've all learned from this is that every treaty should include anti-spying clauses so that no ally is ever put in a position where it has to choose between breaking its word or defending spies.

I dont see any point in repeating this analysis for their remaining treaties, all classified as ODPs, at present, but if anyone sees a reason let me know.

No, please don't. I'm having fun with this just on a pure "rules lawyer" level, and even I don't want that! :P That would be way over the top. I think that I speak for the majority of CN when I say there is absolutely no need. TPF has enough MDP's to involve enough alliances that, if followed, we will be looking at another world war. In fact, I see that being part of the "lesson" of these two threads. The other "lesson" being have some clue about what you are signing.

I'll give you my own analysis of the treaties above later.

However, I am wondering...am I going to have to consider you as a competitor for my treaty writing business? :huh:

Edited by White Chocolate

Maybe this is true and maybe it's not; I don't have any way of knowing, other than believing one stranger's word over another. Perception matters more than reality sometimes.

And this I can understand. If I was on the outside of this looking in, I can't say for sure I wouldn't think the same way you do.

Ok, continue...

wait, i am the one stating that i would defend my brother regardless of whether i agreed with his actions or not. i would get beaten to hell and back for them. frankly, i despise Athens for the most part but i will send my nation to ZI to defend them from any attacks upon them. why? because they are a brother of IAA. any alliance IAA is allied to is my brother regardless of my personal relations with them (you can hate your sibling but still defend them).

so if i am more than willing to go to ZI for all my allies, i damn well expect them to be willing to do the same. If they aren't then the treaty needs to be looked at as it should not be above an ODP if not outright dropped because obviously the other alliance does not view the IAA as brethren, so why should they be treated as brothers? Thankfully, i know Athens has IAA's back regardless of what occurs. as does the rest of IAA's allies.

that is the difference between you and me. you come across as if you don't honestly care. whether this is true or not, it is how you are coming across and the fact that we are coming upon the 3rd update of this war and still nothing from VA backs up my assertions more than your snide remarks.

The odds aren't really the salient point in this debate. The point is that the ally in question (probably) spied and is getting what they deserve for it. You have an unfortunate dichotomy: either blindly support your ally, which is pretty stupid, or sever on the grounds that someone who spies does not deserve your protection, no matter what words bind you to them.

I personally prefer to honor principles rather than words. If you truly support TPF throughout all this, then wonderful and I applaud you for defending them. But if you're supporting a treaty, an inanimate object which has already been broken when TPF violated its anti-spying clause, then that's the opposite of noble.

I hope what we've all learned from this is that every treaty should include anti-spying clauses so that no ally is ever put in a position where it has to choose between breaking its word or defending spies.

actually you can support your ally while spanking them in private over their actions. so there is technically a third option. take for example MK's actions when Athens/FoB raided KoN... MK supported their ally while browbeating them in private.

actually you can support your ally while spanking them in private over their actions. so there is technically a third option. take for example MK's actions when Athens/FoB raided KoN... MK supported their ally while browbeating them in private.

but doch that'd be a logical thing to do