No More celtic Promise

Andre27

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice of you to clarify who pulls the strings :awesome:

I don't think I've ever had any love for GGA and even when I was in GR I had bugged Arsenal about the treaty with ODN. This was something personal, not representative of MK, though I won't hesitate to admit that the majority of MK feels the same way. Then again, which of ODN's allies does have positive feelings for GGA?

Obviously what I said leaves it very open for interpretation, and you took advantage of that but I don't think either of us will change our views. Just thought I'd let you know my reasons for saying what I did anyways.

Edited by Drai

Your ego is impressive.

Well I'm certainly not saying that that was the first of their bad decisions, it's just a good point on the timeline around which things started going south. However, I was attempting to move the GGA away from the NPO at the time I was kicked out, which certainly would have saved them from a number of problems they've faced since then.

Edited by Jonathan Brookbank

I wonder if the demonstration of disrespect you show towards an alliance you were allied to 3 days ago is either symptomatic of low self-esteem, patent by being allied to someone you seem to have such low consideration for and with whom, judging from your post, you should have probably cancelled the treaty much earlier, or if you're you're just being a jerk for whatever reason.

In either case, I have no reason to love GGA but, I was under the impression ODN was aiming to conduct themselves by higher standards overall.

Considering the particular source of the comment you refer to, its entirely unsurprising. Meh.

Anyway, I digress...this move makes sense given the gradually increasing distance between ODN and GGA's alliance ties. However, it is always unfortunate to see such a long-standing document dissolved. I believe the treaty was at least two years old -- it was here when I first got here. Probably even older.

Cheers to my old allies in GGA. Best of luck. :beer:

Looks like GGA didn't want to be associated with ODN's new C&G-centric FA direction.

Interestingly, GGA is surprisingly isolationist these days. Its only major ally is IRON. Hopefully their increased independence (not from ODN particularly, just the general situation) will help them.

Looks like GGA didn't want to be associated with ODN's new C&G-centric FA direction.

Interestingly, GGA is surprisingly isolationist these days. Its only major ally is IRON. Hopefully their increased independence (not from ODN particularly, just the general situation) will help them.

To clarify... Once upon a time, not so long ago, I tried to upgrade our treaty with GGA. That failed miserably, and the consensus within ODN turned against GGA. When they learned of our intent to vote on cancellation, they took advantage of our slower, democratic process and canceled first.

Given what could be perceived as jerking them around, I don't blame them.

Edited by Style #386

To clarify... Once upon a time, not so long ago, I tried to upgrade our treaty with GGA. That failed miserably, and the consensus within ODN turned against GGA. When they learned of our intent to vote on cancellation, they took advantage of our slower, democratic process and canceled first.

Well this should be interesting, considering I know the real reason.

This would have been a great post if it had used something...what's the word? Oh, factual.

This would have been a great post if it had used something...what's the word? Oh, factual.

Actually, my dear friend Poobah, everything that my Secretary General has said is factual.

Well I'm certainly not saying that that was the first of their bad decisions, it's just a good point on the timeline around which things started going south. However, I was attempting to move the GGA away from the NPO at the time I was kicked out, which certainly would have saved them from a number of problems they've faced since then.

Actually, I beg to differ. The GGA may not even be around today if it weren't for the fact that it stuck by NPO. Of course, we can argue about 'maybes' all day, but that's just my opinion.

Edited by soccerbum879