Kap Bambino Declaration of War

at this point, I doubt he cares much for any sort of stance on anything, really. He just went from declaring war on moralists to declaring war on immoralists.

Technically, you were moralists on the Mafia affair so he is perfectly consistant with his policy, although late and uninformedly

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You satirized the mafia over their immoral stance, generating bad PR for them and thus being moralists.

Not that I disagree with it or anything.

B)

You're confusing morals with integrity. We satirized their lack of integrity. We have integrity in our lack of morals.

in·teg·ri·ty (n-tgr-t)

n.

1. Steadfast adherence to a strict moral or ethical code.

Moralist.

inâ‹…tegâ‹…riâ‹…ty

–noun

1. adherence to moral and ethical principles; soundness of moral character; honesty.

2. the state of being whole, entire, or undiminished: to preserve the integrity of the empire.

3. a sound, unimpaired, or perfect condition: the integrity of a ship's hull.

I'm glad you understand that the English language can sometimes, on occasion, assign more than exactly one meaning to a single word.

inâ‹…tegâ‹…riâ‹…ty

–noun

1. adherence to moral and ethical principles; soundness of moral character; honesty.

2. the state of being whole, entire, or undiminished: to preserve the integrity of the empire.

3. a sound, unimpaired, or perfect condition: the integrity of a ship's hull.

I'm glad you understand that the English language can sometimes, on occasion, assign more than exactly one meaning to a single word.

I do understand that.

Do you understand what meaning is appliable to the situation, though?

in·teg·ri·ty (n-tgr-t)

n.

Moralist.

You used wiktionary, I'll use wikipedia:

Integrity as a concept has to do with perceived consistency of actions, values, methods, measures, principles, expectations and outcome. People use integrity as a holistic concept, judging the integrity of systems in terms of those systems' ability to achieve their own goals (if any). A value system's abstraction depth and range of applicable interaction may also function as significant factors in identifying integrity due to their congruence or lack of congruence with empirical observation. A value system may evolve over time while retaining integrity if those who espouse the values account for and resolve inconsistencies.

Some people see integrity as the quality of having a sense of honesty and truthfulness in regard to the motivations for one's actions. Some people use the term "hypocrisy" in contrast to integrity for asserting that one part of a value system demonstrably conflicts with another, and to demand that the parties holding apparently conflicting values account for the discrepancy or change their beliefs to improve internal consistency (seen as a virtue).

The etymology of the word "integrity" can suggest insight into its use and meaning. It stems from the Latin adjective integer (whole, complete). In this context, integrity may comprise the personal inner sense of "wholeness" deriving from (say) honesty and consistency of character. As such, one may judge that others "have integrity" to the extent that one judges whether they behave according to the values, beliefs and principles they claim to hold.

Morals and morality are not required to have integrity. All that is required is adhering to one's ideals. We do so on a consistent basis, whereas the signing of a treaty and then immediate reneging on that treaty is easily considered having a "lack of integrity".

You used wiktionary, I'll use wikipedia:

as a matter of fact, I didn't.

in·teg·ri·ty (n-tgr-t)

n.

2. The state of being unimpaired; soundness.

3. The quality or condition of being whole or undivided; completeness.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/integrity

Wikipedia sucks, stop using it as a source

Morals and morality are not required to have integrity. All that is required is adhering to one's ideals. We do so on a consistent basis, whereas the signing of a treaty and then immediate reneging on that treaty is easily considered having a "lack of integrity".

Ideals when put into practice are a code, and a code = ethics ("moralism" in here).

I do understand that.

Do you understand what meaning is appliable to the situation, though?

It depends on what definition of "morality" you are discussing here. Objective or subjective?

If you're arguing that we're subjective moralists (which I believe you are), then sure the first definition works. Everyone is a subjective moralist. It's a moot point. We all take actions based on our own personal beliefs and ideals. Subjective 'immoralists' do not exist.

What we are trying to say is that we aren't objective moralists. We have our ideals, but those ideals are generally not the accepted norm.

in·teg·ri·ty (n-tgr-t)

n.

Ideals when put into practice are a code, and a code = ethics ("moralism" in here).

So by your logic anyone is a moralist as long as they consistently follow their own values and ideals?

Makes sense, but in CN the connotation for moralist has come to mean someone who is against raiding or otherwise attacking nations (alligned or unalligned) without a valid CB for war. Even if that's not what it means for you, that's what it means for most people in CN terminology.

Edited by Legend of the Skies

in·teg·ri·ty (n-tgr-t)

n.

Here, visit wiktionary. Same definitions exactly: http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/integrity

Our 'code' is our charter. You will find it completely unethical, to say the least. We adhere to our ideals while being vehemently against ethics. Within the multitude of definitions for 'integrity' you may find out there, there are more that fit my argument than fit yours. Good day.

It depends on what definition of "morality" you are discussing here. Objective or subjective?

If you're arguing that we're subjective moralists (which I believe you are), then sure the first definition works. Everyone is a subjective moralist. It's a moot point. We all take actions based on our own personal beliefs and ideals. Subjective 'immoralists' do not exist.

What we are trying to say is that we aren't objective moralists. We have our ideals, but those ideals are generally not the accepted norm.

I'm not, by any means, a moralist.

Makes sense, but in CN the connotation for moralist has come to mean someone who is against raiding or otherwise attacking nations (alligned or unalligned)

Thats not the propaganda the anti-moralists espouse.

They go around saying [ooc]this is a game and[/ooc] we are meant to have fun, and that having morals gets in the way of fun.

What I have just done here is expose that they also follow a code, and they are being just as interventionists in claiming the mafia was wrong [ooc]on playing the game the way they wanted[/ooc] (or on a slightly unrelated note, claiming neutrals dont know [ooc]how to play this gam[/ooc], which is something anti-moralists often do)