Countdown to Athens Rep Payment

Bilrow

• Replies 853
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh yes, Bilrow, you're the right guy to be calling someone out for being jerks.

No hypocrisy at all, here.

exactly, dont we keep hearing that NPO is stalling on their rep payments? As the song goes "Little less talk and alot more action"

tl;dr version: 7.5-gal-pot.jpeg

meet

Stainless%20steel%20Tea%20Kettle_600.jpg

Starfox, as someone who has had their points attacked based on who you are, you should be the LAST person I see on here dismissing a message solely because it comes from a certain person.

You could say I'm an expert at noticing it, obviously.

exactly, dont we keep hearing that NPO is stalling on their rep payments? As the song goes "Little less talk and alot more action"

Not the topic of this thread, but we have meet our minimum requirements every month as outlined per the Terms. If you would like to discuss it more, feel free to open your own thread.

Edited by Bilrow

Nice Tu quoque logical fallacy.

This issue is still valid regardless of who raises it.

And attacks on the person who raised the question are not answering the question.

While I'm quite unhappy with the reason this was brought up (I'm sure it has nothing to do with Bilrow caring about the Knights of Ni!) the issue itself does concern me. They said they'd pay reps, now they need to pay them.
Starfox, as someone who has had their points attacked based on who you are, you should be the LAST person I see on here dismissing a message solely because it comes from a certain person.
Nice Tu quoque logical fallacy.

This issue is still valid regardless of who raises it.

And attacks on the person who raised the question are not answering the question.

[OOC]This thread is making me want to smash my head into my desk. [/OOC]

The question has already been answered. Negotiations are still ongoing. Reps will be paid after the negotiations and the final amount is settled on.

I don't give a damn that its Bilrow saying it, I give a damn that this is still being discussed and the same damn question is being repeated over and over and over without anyone noticing that it has already been answered.. Yes, we can all say Bilrow made a good point (if not agreeing with the method). The question was promptly answered. So.. what exactly are we talking about now?

I didn't call the OP a character attack. I said the message in the OP was superficial. I also said that mindlessly labeling legitimate critiques of the motivations of Bilrow and his choice of wording as "character attacks" would result in a far more boring thread.

Guess I misunderstood. My point is that we've taken it as far as we can and we're just playing a waiting game now.

[OOC]This thread is making me want to smash my head into my desk. [/OOC]

The question has already been answered. Negotiations are still ongoing. Reps will be paid after the negotiations and the final amount is settled on.

I don't give a damn that its Bilrow saying it, I give a damn that this is still being discussed and the same damn question is being repeated over and over and over without anyone noticing that it has already been answered.. Yes, we can all say Bilrow made a good point (if not agreeing with the method). The question was promptly answered. So.. what exactly are we talking about now?

Well, then I agree with you. I'm mainly still responding solely to respond to people basing this solely on who the person with the message is, not talking about the message. I think in the interests of the sanity of everyone involved, we should probably just let Bilrow continue his little show with the countdown (or would it be countup, since the number is rising?) and ignore it. All relevant questions have been answered and the people who have made stupid comments based solely on who posted this and what alliance he is in have been rebuked.

Well, then I agree with you. I'm mainly still responding solely to respond to people basing this solely on who the person with the message is, not talking about the message. I think in the interests of the sanity of everyone involved, we should probably just let Bilrow continue his little show with the countdown (or would it be countup, since the number is rising?) and ignore it. All relevant questions have been answered and the people who have made stupid comments based solely on who posted this and what alliance he is in have been rebuked.

I wouldn't make comments simply because an NPO member called Bilrow posted this. I would post comments because I doubt the motive behind posting this thread was to help KoN! get their reps in a timely fashion. I question the why, not the who.

Oh look, its Bilrow being his typical self.

And yet...he has a point.

Athens should have started rolling the aid train immediately and not waited on KoN government to get its act together. It was the individual nations suffering attacks that need the rebuilding aid, not KoN government.

FYI: I made this statement when the incident first came to light. Pay them their damn money already.

Edited by ChairmanHal

I wouldn't make comments simply because an NPO member called Bilrow posted this. I would post comments because I doubt the motive behind posting this thread was to help KoN! get their reps in a timely fashion. I question the why, not the who.

Well, I questioned the "what" first, until Athens came in and said that Bilrow was incorrect and that Athens nations will be paying the reparations. Even with a questionable "why," the "what" can still be important.

Well, I questioned the "what" first, until Athens came in and said that Bilrow was incorrect and that Athens nations will be paying the reparations. Even with a questionable "why," the "what" can still be important.

I feel as though the 'what' was taken care of a while ago, or at least the stance that Athens intends to take was made clear. Yet this thread lived on with people asking the same questions again and again. I don't mean to undermine the importance of the what, but since that was taken care of so long ago, my attention has shifted to questioning the 'why'.

Athens should have started rolling the aid train immediately and not waited on KoN government to get its act together. It was the individual nations suffering attacks that need the rebuilding aid, not KoN government.

FYI: I made this statement when the incident first came to light. Pay them their damn money already.

Once again ChairmanHal wades in without bothering to read first.

Londo has already said they are still working out the amount of reparations to be paid to KoN! and currently are awaiting a response from KoN! on that issue. Why would they start paying reps when no reps amount has been agreed yet?

It isn't that long of a thread so no real excuse for not reading it.

Edited by Tygaland

"Look at me, I'm an attention whore!"

Pathetic.

This describes things nicely. This attempt at waging a PR war against Athens, an easy target at the moment, is so obvious it's pretty sad.

Edited by Matthew Conrad

If KoN really cares and their nations really need it, than there's no reason they shouldn't be able to deal with this quickly. The delay is on them.

It's been 15 days+ since November 14, 2009 when Athens attacked the Knights of Ni!. So far the only reps paid has been:

offer 	accept 	money 	tech 
143815	240174	3000000	0
 215032	162216	3000000	0

How long does it take to pay up for your mistake?

Surely you don't think 6 million is enough to cover the damage?

17 Days And Still No Reps From Athens

*Updated daily till Reps Start being Paid.

** Updated in Op.

Why are you calling them out on this? NPO has failed to send out reps at any decent rate after the karma war. Maybe you should get a jump on sending your own reps before you call others out on it.

I feel as though the 'what' was taken care of a while ago, or at least the stance that Athens intends to take was made clear. Yet this thread lived on with people asking the same questions again and again. I don't mean to undermine the importance of the what, but since that was taken care of so long ago, my attention has shifted to questioning the 'why'.

Sure. I agree.

This describes things nicely. This attempt at waging a PR war against Athens, an easy target at the moment, is so obvious it's pretty sad.
Why are you calling them out on this? NPO has failed to send out reps at any decent rate after the karma war. Maybe you should get a jump on sending your own reps before you call others out on it.
i think i :wub: you

And then you have more people who come in, STILL attacking the person posting the message and the alliance he is from, completely ignoring the message he posted.

Sure. I agree.

And then you have more people who come in, STILL attacking the person posting the message and the alliance he is from, completely ignoring the message he posted.

You mean the majority of the posters here are mindless idiots? I would have never guessed! :v:

Yes...bilrow has a point..Athens has not sent the reps yet they have justified their reason for not doing so. Namely KoN not getting back to Athens about the total amount due. What is Bilrow's justification for making this thread though? Is bilrow the Overseer of Reps in CN now? Didnt think he was...

Edited by Imperator Hades

I'm with you that the what no matter who it is brought up by a problem should be addressed, but you're acting like pointing out the why and the hypocrisy in making this thread has no place here. The what has been dealt with. If people ignore the message and bash the messenger, that's bad. If the messenger tries to make a problem when none exists and continues to posture after having every concern he's brought up fully refuted, then he deserves what he gets. You're acting like those people are ignoring some problem by attacking Bilrow. They're not. They're attacking Bilrow for making up a problem when none exists.