It's all my fault, I'm sorry

potato

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would have gone with a BAPS type fight if I were you. The TPF fight was just pathetic because they were offered peace weeks and weeks before they actually accepted. At least you in BAPS were fighting because you had to.

I would have to disagree there. Those pixels were well spent. :v:

Edit: Congratulations!

Edited by Heyman

Hmm an interesting treaty indeed. Really respect MK but have seen little to change my opinion on ODN despite all the talk of them having 'changed'. I guess we'll have to wait and see how much of an ally ODN prove to be in the long term.

Good luck to both.

Yes but I remember Hoo saying that the declarations of Poseidon were wars that were meant to sideline Rok and had tactical weight to it.

Echelon, on the other hand, really pressed for peace. Rok did as well but I don't know to what extent. Only Poseidon and Vanguard really know. Point being, ODN supported Legion in this conflict over Vanguard.

If Vanguard hadn't gotten peace the night they did we had Echelon preparing to roll Poseidon the next night. I also believe RoK was going to join them as well.

Echelon and RoK were and hopefully still are Vanguard's close friends.

Congrats MK AND ODN!

I look forward to the next major war if only so I can watch ODN shut all the haters and the doubters up. It'll be a sweet, sweet thing to watch.

This is something I just cannot agree with. Even if ODN lives up to the letter of each of its treaties, it is just one war in the history of an alliance as old as the game itself. ODN's record goes beyond the last war and will be judged beyond the next one as well.

Yes but I remember Hoo saying that the declarations of Poseidon were wars that were meant to sideline Rok and had tactical weight to it.

Echelon, on the other hand, really pressed for peace. Rok did as well but I don't know to what extent. Only Poseidon and Vanguard really know. Point being, ODN supported Legion in this conflict over Vanguard.

If Vanguard hadn't gotten peace the night they did we had Echelon preparing to roll Poseidon the next night. I also believe RoK was going to join them as well.

Echelon and RoK were and hopefully still are Vanguard's close friends.

Congrats MK AND ODN!

Fact: Ragnarok was fully prepared to fight on both sides during the WoTC in defense of our allies Vanguard. Legion got off lucky on that one. ;)

I have no idea where ODN stood in all of that.

I am amused at the amount of ODN hate in the thread. I am also impressed at ODN's ability to counter and deflect it though. :awesome:

Hatred of the ODN is overblown in its significance. Nobody hates the ODN enough to make it a primary goal of the alliance to destroy it. The only alliance whose goal at some point has been to destroy the ODN was the NPO and it was a long time ago. I do not imply the ODN is politically irrelevant, it is just that it's not disliked strongly by major power groups to risk an adventure. The NpO's threat has diminished as well.

This is something I just cannot agree with. Even if ODN lives up to the letter of each of its treaties, it is just one war in the history of an alliance as old as the game itself. ODN's record goes beyond the last war and will be judged beyond the next one as well.

Indeed we are well aware it will take more than just one war, and that we can never drop the ball ever!

Congratulations and such. I'm sure everyone is happy and that this will turn out just roses and perfectly. At least you're firmly planted in one direction, I suppose.

Also, MCRABT, while this topic is NOT about IRON / ODN relations, I can say with fairly good confidence that IRON had no intention of upgrading to an MADP. You treated us as if we had to reach certain 'goals' before you would consider signing with us, and even when we pursued those 'goals', you still didn't want the upgrade. If you were actually 'working to upgrade' at the time that the treaty was suspended, it was purely so that you could better leverage the 'numbers game' and 'win us to your side.' It has nothing to do with the relationship at the time. Trying to play it off as anything else is laughable at best. We can talk about this all day, but at the end of the day, what's done is done and I'm glad that you are happy that we've finally found some consistency in our Foreign Affairs.

Those "goals," at least when I was there, essentially amounted to "demonstrate that you can actually be an equal partner in this relationship." However that was perceived, it was certainly never with malicious or deceptive intent. But oh well. Past is past, etc.

This is correct, The poseidon declarations, Namely Invicta and i believe UPN 's were meant to sideline RoK, due to the CDT ties.

Of course RoK pressed for peace, they had allies on both sides. though this conflict did eventually lead to RoK leaving CDT in the long run.

Oh I'm aware of this. Part of my post was a commentary on the character of those haters. It also took into account the notoriously short memories most national leaders possess.

Fact: Ragnarok was fully prepared to fight on both sides during the WoTC in defense of our allies Vanguard. Legion got off lucky on that one. ;)

I have no idea where ODN stood in all of that.

I am amused at the amount of ODN hate in the thread. I am also impressed at ODN's ability to counter and deflect it though. :awesome:

And NV peaced you guys out in anticipation you of entering on our behalf. :wub: NV

Edited by Rafael Nadal