Nemesis Announcment

draov

Wow, how coincidental, they just have. Conveniently I happen to have the quarterly review, CN Vogue, right here. Let's see... oh, look at that, the main article is:

"How airing legitimate grievances gains more respect from the community than spewing vitriol."

But they do have a discount coupon for those that keep the world entertained by raising drama. I'll go ahead and sign you up.

Ah, respect from the community. I've tried it on before, they just don't seem to make my size. :(

And if this constitutes drama, there's something really wrong with the world.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was a last-ditch attempt to get somebody to speak up about what Nemesis has to offer. That somebody that is no longer a member had to do it is kind of weird. So it's not a Hoo cult. What is it? That is a reason to exist, yes, but it's a reason to exist for every conceivable alliance under the sun. I wanted something that was specific to Nemesis, that couldn't be stretched to apply to any alliance, like GDI, /b/, NMBLA, DRDavidBanner's alliance. All of those were or could be tight-knit and having fun, doesn't really make a compelling case that they should, however. And yes, I'm going to extremes to make my point, but it seems I have to to get any kind of meaningful response. It took how long for somebody to finally give this half-hearted attempt at showing what makes Nemesis a good alliance?

What should we be proud of as an alliance? I know a few things. Firstly, how blind OWF posters look at us and act as if we are just a "Hoo cult" while we are daily increasing our member count and NS. Having a great activity level and a fun environment is more than enough for us. If that's not a good enough reason for us to exist then fine, go ahead and act as if we don't exist, or like we don't need to. Our OWF posts are cleaner without you spreading filth in them.

Edited by Bob Ilyani

It was a last-ditch attempt to get somebody to speak up about what Nemesis has to offer. That somebody that is no longer a member had to do it is kind of weird. So it's not a Hoo cult. What is it? That is a reason to exist, yes, but it's a reason to exist for every conceivable alliance under the sun. I wanted something that was specific to Nemesis, that couldn't be stretched to apply to any alliance, like GDI, /b/, NMBLA, DRDavidBanner's alliance. All of those were or could be tight-knit and having fun, doesn't really make a compelling case that they should, however. And yes, I'm going to extremes to make my point, but it seems I have to to get any kind of meaningful response. It took how long for somebody to finally give this half-hearted attempt at showing what makes Nemesis a good alliance?

Dude what is your malfunction? Do have something against somebody in this government? Just say so, instead of attacking everyone in it. As to what you think we have done as an alliance, how would you even know? We haven't started a global conflict and then lost, I'll tell you that. If you want to know what is AWESOME about about Nemesis, its that you aren't in it. Go spread your hate spew somewhere else.

Hiya Pork, hiya Flinders!

It was a last-ditch attempt to get somebody to speak up about what Nemesis has to offer. That somebody that is no longer a member had to do it is kind of weird.

Or you could ignore my post on page two...

I would think ex-members would be just as knowledgeable as anyone on the level of awesome Nemesis holds. Certainly more knowledgeable than yourself.

Would like to point out that everything in that post had already been pointed out to you and either ignored or dismissed. Numerous times it's been pointed out to you that Nemesis doesn't want to be groundbreaking or innovative. Numerous times I've pointed out that it is the extremely active and tight knit community that sets Nemesis apart. Numerous people have pointed out how Nemesis has always been ready to give people a second chance they wouldn't get elsewhere.

We need to get Hoo back so people will like us again methinks :(

Edited by Poyplemonkeys

Ah, and the legendary master of switching sides appears. I'm flattered you think attacking me is a good way to show your newly-discovered anti-NPO feelings that, of course, you held the entire time.

And I'll have you know I have quite a collection of those tissues, all vacuum sealed and labelled with the date and time of use.

It's just possible that this has nothing to do with NPO and everything to do with your behavior. But for the record, when Valhalla and NPO were allies, I conducted myself as my alliance would have me behave toward NPO--same with Ragnarok before that, also a former NPO ally. Since the relationship between Valhalla and NPO is now at an end, I am free to agree...and disagree...with how NPO conducts itself.

Ah, that lovely sound of hating in the air. I've got to say, nothing is sweeter than to put a dash of hating into my evening coffee, it makes that bitter taste so much smoother. For having such a... shall we say lack of an "all-star triumvirate" I'm quite proud of the decisions that we've passed through. More rigorous member requirements, opening of active recruitment, increased Ministerial and Deputy work requirements, and the list goes on and on. Do you, the Cyberverse, know why you haven't heard of Nemesis' most glamorous achievements? Oh, our former members may know, but for you uniformed folks (and there are a lot of you ;) ) the answer is simply because: Nemesis doesn't give a rat's $@! what you guys and gals think of us. Yes, our government changes. Yes, that might be scary to someone who is used to not having to exercise some brain activity, but let me assure you... a change of people in government is most assuredly something to be proud of as it shows our membership actually cares about taking some responsibility. The idea that Nemesis is nothing more than a original founders' cult is quite frankly, a bit of a private joke in Nemesis. You see, we quite enjoy laughing at those ignorant folks that look at us and choose to see not that we are still around, active and making new friends, but rather that we, the alliance, were formed by three wonderful former government members who have all gone off to pursue great careers in other alliances. Continue to call us what you wish, as I said earlier, we really don't care - we do our thing, and stand up for what we believe in, and you all can continue to do what you want to do, it really makes us no difference one way or another.

Hugs, Kisses and Cuddles,

That non "all-star triumvirate" member of Nemesis,

Yawoo

PS: Boo right back at you, Hoopuff.

I dunno, the "Cult of Hoo/Bob" inside jokes were actually pretty funny while we were still there too. :P

Some people seem to think that Nemesis was just some side project that failed miserably, when in fact it is exactly what we intended it to be when we founded it. You'll never see them climbing up the sanction race, they'll never have 4,000 nukes, and they will be lucky to ever have 100 members ... and they are just fine with that. It always amuses me when people take pot shots at an alliance and it's internal workings when they have never been in said alliance. How on earth would you know how active they are? What they discuss? what their goals and motivations are? How much they actually "worship" or "idolize" one member ... if at all? Do you know how they interact with eachother in their private channel? On their forums? When myself or Bob was there? Now that we are gone? No? That's right, you know nothing about these things and you come across as someone with an agenda or fixation every time you post in this thread.

Also, this is an all-star government.

Contrary to the troll, I am happy with the turn out of this government. The Triumvirate is well balanced with Mr. Serious(Yawoo), The not so serious(draov), and the overly aggressive Aussie(Daggarz). The ministry is also filled with capable, hardworking members, which is what the majority asks for in a government.

WorldConqueror, I find your lack of confidence in our current government's competence unfounded. With your only reasoning to that "fact" being that the original Triumvirs have since left, it is difficult to see whatever point you are trying to make. As for our innovation, we are currently the only alliance on Bob who publicly supports the use of pineapples.

Contrary to the troll, I am happy with the turn out of this government. The Triumvirate is well balanced with Mr. Serious(Yawoo), The not so serious(draov), and the overly aggressive Aussie(Daggarz). The ministry is also filled with capable, hardworking members, which is what the majority asks for in a government.

WorldConqueror, I find your lack of confidence in our current government's competence unfounded. With your only reasoning to that "fact" being that the original Triumvirs have since left, it is difficult to see whatever point you are trying to make. As for our innovation, we are currently the only alliance on Bob who publicly supports the use of pineapples.

Shutup and worship my heroics, acolyte!

Congratulations to all, especially Daggarz!

o/ Nemesis.

PS. Where you been, Dagz?

Running an alliance or something

Daggarz...

:gag:

:)

I'm going to go with the prevailing thinking in this thread and say what were you thinking letting daggarz into the trivum? :blink:

Also congrats ^_^

The love!

:wub: Draov + Daggarz

o/ Nemesis

Staggerz :D

I see my favorite Australian is still a trium, but I don't know what you were giving that top guy MoFA :gag:

See the word there other aussies "Favourite"

Also, this is an all-star government.

That means me Hoo!

and the overly aggressive Aussie(Daggarz).

Can you ever actually be "overly" aggressive? I am quite content with my level of aggressiveness DRAOV YOU STUPID MOTHERF-