Nemesis Announcment

draov

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So many words, so little substance. Do you have anything to back any of that up? Consistently active and competent? What exactly has Nemesis and its government done since its creation? Many of our IO's are retired, but since it is Blacky I'm responding to I guess it's a bit much to expect facts to be involved in the discussion. I like the way you add lol to a sentence to make it seem like you said something witty, when in fact you said something which has no basis in anything except the flights of fancy you indulge in.

That was no more than a few sentences I don't see how that was "so many words", but okay lets continue.

Consistently active and competent? Yeah, I pretty much already stated that. All of our leaders are highly experienced many of which have served in some form of another in government sometimes in other alliances. The fact that the original triumvirate have parted ways has not denigrated the competency of our alliance even one bit. If you wish to suggest otherwise you would have to "back that statement up" as opposed to the meaningless drivel that are your posts.

What exactly has Nemesis and it's government done? Well to be fair we haven't been around all that long. But we did play a disproportionate part (to our size) in the Karma war. We have a strong, intelligent and opinionated community, etc. At this point I would ask you to just go away, but I don't expect that you will do that because you probably think your opinion about our alliance matters lol (see what I did there?)

You want substance towards the consistently active comments check out our forums. The one thing Nemesis demands from it's members, especially government, is constant activity. I find it amusing how you'll judge us on what we've done, when the majority of what Pacifica has achieved is down to actions I'd be ashamed to put my name to. We're not here to do anything for the sake of making a name for ourselves. We're quite happy with our internal community, our external friendships and maintaining and improving those as they stand.

Are you genuinely ignoring the incompetence shown by your leaders in the run up to Karma? We could have named any governmental line up and it still wouldn't have come close to the amusement factor of anyone in NPO even hoping the likes of MK would be beside them in Karma.

Also ignore Daggarz, he's Australian and thus not very good with words ^_^

That may be, but active does not mean competent, which was the main thrust of Blacky's post. Personally, I'd rather been known for doing things people didn't agree with, than being known for doing nothing at all. But, we are obviously very different people, as I am proud of Pacifican history, and you would be ashamed. Though I am interested to see what actions you refer to, you can PM me or find me in #nsa if you don't want to go off-topic.

I work in FA, so I know what the situation was and what the projected sides were. Anyone thinking MK would support us was either not involved in FA, or was indulging in wishful thinking. FA knew the score.

Also, I'm Australian.

Also, I'm Australian.

Oh don't get the wrong idea. He isn't saying Australians aren't good with words, he is a pome and loves to give me !@#$ :P

Also we don't do nothing, I have to constantly talk to foreign alliances about stuff that seems to crop up almost hourly.

What exactly has Nemesis and its government done since its creation?

On a personal level, I owe the Nemesis government and her people a huge debt of gratitude. When most of the world scoffed at the retardedness that was my involvement with GRAN and their retardedness, Nemesis offered their unconditional hand of friendship. I fought the greatest war of our time with Nemesis and I would gladly lay my nation down for them again. If you have an unfounded issue with Nemesis, you have an unfounded issue with me.

That may be, but active does not mean competent, which was the main thrust of Blacky's post. Personally, I'd rather been known for doing things people didn't agree with, than being known for doing nothing at all. But, we are obviously very different people, as I am proud of Pacifican history, and you would be ashamed. Though I am interested to see what actions you refer to, you can PM me or find me in #nsa if you don't want to go off-topic.

I work in FA, so I know what the situation was and what the projected sides were. Anyone thinking MK would support us was either not involved in FA, or was indulging in wishful thinking. FA knew the score.

Also, I'm Australian.

No, active doesn't necessarily mean competent, but I'd love to hear your reasons for doubting the competence of the current government we have in place. Having worked with all of them for a fair period now I'd be genuinely interested in hearing an outside perspective, particularly one that disagrees with mine.

I believe you misunderstand me when I say we're not here to do something in order to make a name for ourselves. We're quite happy flying under the radar so to speak, but we have never, and will never hesitate to take an action we believe is right. Several members of the Cyberverse can attest to that after they were welcomed into the Nemesis community and given a second chance they may struggle to find elsewhere. [Edit: Oh hai Flinders :wub: Posting while I was thinking about you ^_^ ]

I welcome the invitation to chat to you later, I lurk in #NSA during the evenings. Unfortunately I have no access to IRC at the moment so it will be 5-6 hours before I can hope to take you up on it.

Edited by Poyplemonkeys

That was no more than a few sentences I don't see how that was "so many words", but okay lets continue.

Consistently active and competent? Yeah, I pretty much already stated that. All of our leaders are highly experienced many of which have served in some form of another in government sometimes in other alliances. The fact that the original triumvirate have parted ways has not denigrated the competency of our alliance even one bit. If you wish to suggest otherwise you would have to "back that statement up" as opposed to the meaningless drivel that are your posts.

What exactly has Nemesis and it's government done? Well to be fair we haven't been around all that long. But we did play a disproportionate part (to our size) in the Karma war. We have a strong, intelligent and opinionated community, etc. At this point I would ask you to just go away, but I don't expect that you will do that because you probably think your opinion about our alliance matters lol (see what I did there?)

Yes, you did state that, which is why I asked you to back up your claims. See how that works? Being in government previously does not magically make you competent, and I refer you to RyanGDI to illustrate my point. The fact that the original triumvirate are no longer involved in governing the alliance detracts from your alliances image as that triumvirate was the only reason Nemesis was notable at all. I seem to remember a chorus of "oh em gee, Nemesis's triumvir's are awesome. I bet that alliance will be awesome since their gov is so awesome". When the entire image of your alliance is built on three people, and those three people retire, that damages the image. See what I'm getting at here?

Disproportionate part in the Karma war? Disproportionate part in the drama, perhaps. That whole thing with GOD and RIA was pretty fun. I would have made my comment and left you guys to get on with your celebration of mediocrity had you not decided to bring the NPO into the discussion. But how could you resist when Nemesis is obviously the greatest alliance to ever grace Bob with its presence lol.

Yes, you did state that, which is why I asked you to back up your claims. See how that works? Being in government previously does not magically make you competent, and I refer you to RyanGDI to illustrate my point.

Except I didn't magically cite their having been in government previously as being the cause of their competence. But rather as an example of experience, which does improve competence. If you weren't so dim you would have figured that out.

The fact that the original triumvirate are no longer involved in governing the alliance detracts from your alliances image as that triumvirate was the only reason Nemesis was notable at all.

Which is beside the point because that too does not denigrate the competence of our alliances leadership either. Furthermore, in your little NPO-centric bubble that might have been the only reason for which Nemesis is notable, but I would disagree. Again, citing the quality of our members and their activity as another notable factor.

Disproportionate part in the Karma war? Disproportionate part in the drama, perhaps. That whole thing with GOD and RIA was pretty fun. I would have made my comment and left you guys to get on with your celebration of mediocrity had you not decided to bring the NPO into the discussion. But how could you resist when Nemesis is obviously the greatest alliance to ever grace Bob with its presence lol.

You act as though your opinion has in some way detracted from the enjoyment of this celebration of new government members when the exact opposite has occured. The fact that people like you dislike us only makes us like us that much more. Also I agree Nemesis is pretty great.

Except I didn't magically cite their having been in government previously as being the cause of their competence. But rather as an example of experience, which does improve competence. If you weren't so dim you would have figured that out.

You are hilarious, you know that? So being in government previously doesn't mean they are competent, it means they have experience which means they are competent? And you people accuse us of doublethink.

Which is beside the point because that too does not denigrate the competence of our alliances leadership either. Furthermore, in your little NPO-centric bubble that might have been the only reason for which Nemesis is notable, but I would disagree. Again, citing the quality of our members and their activity as another notable factor.

You are missing the point. People's opinions of Nemesis were built upon the fact that great things were expected of the 'all-stars'. They couldn't meet the expectations, and as skeptical as I was of the 'all-stars', it is obvious that this government cannot even hope to match them. The fact that the 'all-stars' parted ways means you had to fill the empty spots with these people, who do not compare favourably to the 'all-stars', or the governments of many other alliances. The people who make up your leadership denigrates its competence all on its own.

You act as though your opinion has in some way detracted from the enjoyment of this celebration of new government members when the exact opposite has occured. The fact that people like you dislike us only makes us like us that much more. Also I agree Nemesis is pretty great.

I'm glad you enjoyed it. Though you seem very eager to tell me you aren't bothered by it.

Nemesis mediocre? This is laughable. Nemesis have consistently proven themselves as excellent allies, active players of the game, and if you think they are incompetent or stagnant in any regard, the joke is gonna be on you.

o/ our friends and allies in Nemesis!

Look's like WC has found a new target alliance.

I'll attempt to address his original point. A turnover of government is actually a sign of alliance health, because it means that there's more than three people who are active and informed enough to take up those roles. Considering the alliance you're a part of, I'd have thought this year's events would have brought home to you how having a clique of immovable figures at the top of alliance government can result in bad decisions – the NPO IOs and Emperor coming into Karma were the ultimate 'faded all-star alliance'.

I don't have any particular soft spot for Nemesis but the fact that they've selected a government without a founder in, after so long in existence, is not laughable but is actually a sign of alliance maturity.

You are hilarious, you know that? So being in government previously doesn't mean they are competent, it means they have experience which means they are competent? And you people accuse us of doublethink.

You are yet to state a single reason that leads you to believe they are incompetent. None of what Blacky has said is definitive proof of their competence, but when you have active leaders who have been elected into governments time and time again in various alliances around the Cyberverse it starts to build up a case for those people being competent at the very least. Particularly when it's put up against your rebuttal which so far appears to amount to 'they're not the original government' and nothing else. Provide some substance to your point because aside from Blacky administering various tests to each member of the government and publishing the results for all to see I can't see what else you're expecting him to do.

You are missing the point. People's opinions of Nemesis were built upon the fact that great things were expected of the 'all-stars'. They couldn't meet the expectations, and as skeptical as I was of the 'all-stars', it is obvious that this government cannot even hope to match them. The fact that the 'all-stars' parted ways means you had to fill the empty spots with these people, who do not compare favourably to the 'all-stars', or the governments of many other alliances. The people who make up your leadership denigrates its competence all on its own.

People's initial opinions on Nemesis were built upon that perhaps. Then again, a lot of people have either taken the time to read OWF posts, looked at our actions in and after the Karma war, and taken time to know Nemesis outside of the original triumvirate and are far more qualified to make an assessment than someone who seems to know nothing of Nemesis' workings or actions at all. Maybe you have an over-inflated view of the original trio, or maybe you simply do not know enough of the current trio, but Yawoo has been in the Triumvirate for as long as the originals were now and is simply one of the best leaders I've ever worked under.

Your opinion is made up vastly of assumptions that others hold the same views as you, and where gaps in your knowledge appear you seem to fill them with what fits your point.

[Edit: confidence =/= competence]

Edited by Poyplemonkeys

I don't have any particular soft spot for Nemesis but the fact that they've selected a government without a founder in, after so long in existence, is not laughable but is actually a sign of alliance maturity.

While I agree with this 100%, i think we're both overlooking the fact here that nemesis doesn't exist. true story. ask Barix9[ARES].

o/ Nemesis! Even if you guys are a figment of my imagination!

Look's like WC has found a new target alliance.

I'll attempt to address his original point. A turnover of government is actually a sign of alliance health, because it means that there's more than three people who are active and informed enough to take up those roles. Considering the alliance you're a part of, I'd have thought this year's events would have brought home to you how having a clique of immovable figures at the top of alliance government can result in bad decisions – the NPO IOs and Emperor coming into Karma were the ultimate 'faded all-star alliance'.

I would not refer to him as "WC" as that is WarriorConcept to me and WorldConqueror wouldn't qualify to collect WarriorConcept's used tissues.

Also, I was just going to offer WorldConqueror some Midol, but you have, in a much more articulate fashion, summed up what the rest of the more intelligent members of the OWRP were thinking. Well done.