Avalon Lodges a Formal Complaint

• Replies 708
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, NSO sending recruitment messages to TDO on Aqua was frowned upon and they swiftly apologised, Yet a group on purple doing much the same but instead recruiting for their senator and all you get is move on no big deal.

Interesting hypocrisy on planet bob as ever.

Trying to take members and trying to win senate votes are two very different matters.

It rather pleases me to know that that's the only thing in my post with which you could take issue. ^_^

i didnt want to clog the thread with issues i've previously raised upthread such as the arrogance with which purple "extended" relations to us by saying "y'all know where to find us, now do all the work" and other such issues.

Heh, you sound surprised. You not only disrespect but continue to disrespect Avalon's stance. There has been no pushing from PEACE, but if Avalon wishes to counter you by going in the opposite direction after getting nowhere, who are you to judge?

Wise words, I suggest they be read and understood.

Trying to take members and trying to win senate votes are two very different matters.

Not really. Both effect the underlying policies of said nation, correct?

Now, if an alliance like NSO (those fiends) were to send a nation a recruitment message and that nation left, was it ever truly loyal to you to begin with? Would it have stayed unto perpetuity had no other message ever crossed its lips? Would an alliance even want a member such as that? Fickle in their allegiances.

so we agree that you're not neutral in senate elections, and thus your request to not message you because of said neutrality is fallacious at best.

excellent.

No we do not agree. We wish our members to not vote or vote for someone other than the actual senators. Thus allowing us to have no place int he Senate politics. Your messages attempted to change this situation and have Avalon nations voting for an actual senate candidate. round. History tells us that the best way to discourage improper behavior is to do the opposite. Thus we do the opposite and support your opposition this

So we do not agree, as Avalon feels that we are protecting our neutrality by this first and only endorsement of Senate candidates.

Next cycle you shall have neither support nor opposition from us, so long as we are left alone. We still do not comprehend why that is so difficult a request?

Not really. Both effect the underlying policies of said nation, correct?

Now, if an alliance like NSO (those fiends) were to send a nation a recruitment message and that nation left, was it ever truly loyal to you to begin with? Would it have stayed unto perpetuity had no other message ever crossed its lips? Would an alliance even want a member such as that? Fickle in their allegiances.

keep doin what you're doin, ivan, i like the cut of your jib.

No we do not agree. We wish our members to not vote or vote for someone other than the actual senators. Thus allowing us to have no place int he Senate politics. Your messages attempted to change this situation and have Avalon nations voting for an actual senate candidate. round. History tells us that the best way to discourage improper behavior is to do the opposite. Thus we do the opposite and support your opposition this

So we do not agree, as Avalon feels that we are protecting our neutrality by this first and only endorsement of Senate candidates.

Next cycle you shall have neither support nor opposition from us, so long as we are left alone. We still do not comprehend why that is so difficult a request?

so you're saying you're not neutral in senate matters as long as Stickmen continue to exercise their sovereignty by using the provided in-game messaging system in a legal and normal way?

i think we DO agree. you're not neutral :)

Now, without going back through the entire thread, can someone point out to me where the Stickmen said that messages such as this can be sent to their alliances? I have consistently maintained that I am willing to have any alliance send NSO nations recruitment messages so long as they understand we will respond in kind. If the Stickmen are as open to this as I am perhaps I will have my people draw up some recruitment lists this evening.

No we do not agree. We wish our members to not vote or vote for someone other than the actual senators.

But in the screenshot, we see Guffey telling them who to vote for, and they ARE the actual senators.

This is getting amazing!

Invicta has not said this. It was arexes, no? Arexes nor any Stickmen speak for Invicta.

Haflinger is an Invicta official. I'll let the community decide if Invicta threatened Stickmen.

[07:45] <Haflinger> hallo

10[07:54] <arexes[iFOK]> hei

10[07:54] <arexes[iFOK]> I don't have much time on my hands atm

[07:54] <Haflinger> This is just a warning.

10[07:54] <arexes[iFOK]> uh_oh

[07:54] <Haflinger> I consider your spam messages an attempt to impersonate PEACE government officials.

[07:54] <Haflinger> You're obviously copying our format.

10[07:54] <arexes[iFOK]> I don't

10[07:55] <arexes[iFOK]> lol

[07:55] <Haflinger> If you think this is appropriate, expect to start receiving directions from us.

10[07:55] <arexes[iFOK]> directions, how?

[07:55] <Haflinger> That's all I have to say.

10[07:55] <arexes[iFOK]> ok fine

10[07:55] <arexes[iFOK]> ttyl I guess

[07:56] <Haflinger> Impersonating alliance government is an act of war, however.

10[07:56] <arexes[iFOK]> we are not impersonating anyone other than ourselves

[07:56] <Haflinger> If you put your name in the spam, you might have a case.

10[07:56] <arexes[iFOK]> the messages were clearly signed and written from our perspective

10[07:56] <arexes[iFOK]> we did

[07:56] <Haflinger> However copying our spams and changing the name is not kosher.

[07:56] <Haflinger> No, you didn't.

10[07:57] <arexes[iFOK]> we did not copy

10[07:57] <arexes[iFOK]> anything

[07:57] <Haflinger> I wrote our spams, you know.

10[07:57] <arexes[iFOK]> I wrote ours

[07:57] <Haflinger> You've even got the "please vote for."

10[07:58] <arexes[iFOK]> your point being?

10[07:58] <arexes[iFOK]> but as said, I don't have time atm

10[07:58] <arexes[iFOK]> talk to SLCB gov or something

[07:58] <Haflinger> You're the senator.

[07:58] <Haflinger> You tell them.

10[07:58] <arexes[iFOK]> I'm just a mear member

10[07:58] <arexes[iFOK]> mere*

[07:59] <Haflinger> Then turn your votes off. :P

[07:59] <Haflinger> And we can all call it a day, heh.

10[08:00] <arexes[iFOK]> I gtg

10[08:00] <arexes[iFOK]> be back in hour

Session Close: Wed Oct 07 10:35:36 2009

Depends how you look at it really, in the end of the day though it all comes down to how the alliance on the recieving end feels about it.

Edited by Kindom of Goon

Now, without going back through the entire thread, can someone point out to me where the Stickmen said that messages such as this can be sent to their alliances? I have consistently maintained that I am willing to have any alliance send NSO nations recruitment messages so long as they understand we will respond in kind. If the Stickmen are as open to this as I am perhaps I will have my people draw up some recruitment lists this evening.

if someone wants to message SLCBers about who to vote for in the senate race, you'll hear no complaints from us about it.

I posted way back in reply to Heracles that we wouldn't care, so yes.

So, NSO sending recruitment messages to TDO on Aqua was frowned upon and they swiftly apologised, Yet a group on purple doing much the same but instead recruiting for their senator and all you get is move on no big deal.

So messaging a nation to RECRUIT them to a trade circle is the same as well? OMG THEIR SOVREIGNITY!

Anyone who doesn't see the difference between trying to take recruit nations away from an alliance and recruit VOTES from an alliance that allegedly doesn't normally vote...may be...slow.

Please feel free to spam us with vote requests. Argent members already know who to vote for. It's not an issue.

What?

Don't be stupid, poaching from an alliance=/=campaigning for your senator.

I posted way back in reply to Heracles that we wouldn't care, so yes.

Okay, so NSO can recruit from SLCB and vice versa. Excellent.

Perhaps I should start my own "neutrality list" but have it be a "national sovereignty list" instead, dictating that the undersigned alliances recognize the inherent right of each nation to select its own alliance and that no alliance should impose upon another in regards to seeking out said nations, etc. etc.

You do realize that I already acknowledged that communication in my previous post, right?

You can try to e-lawyer your way out of this. It will not fly. You can't claim to make this threats on a personal title.

[edit: typo]

Edited by kriekfreak

Okay, so NSO can recruit from SLCB and vice versa. Excellent.

Perhaps I should start my own "neutrality list" but have it be a "national sovereignty list" instead, dictating that the undersigned alliances recognize the inherent right of each nation to select its own alliance and that no alliance should impose upon another in regards to seeking out said nations, etc. etc.

You wanna join SLCB?