Bringing Sexy Back

The Big Bad

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah no ODN and ODN and GPA not my cup of tea. Although if I joined ODN they would be forced to grow a pair. That sure would change what people think of you all. End all the you "should join GPA or ODN LOL" jokes I have been getting. Could ODN handle the sexy being brought to it? Could ODN handle the respect? Could ODN handle the Bad? No more Optional Defense Network? No more being derided by your own allies? Could you handle ODN being a driving force on Planet Bob and not its biggest punch line? Could you ODN? Think about it.

:laugh: please there is sweet FA you could teach me about having a ''pair'', besides the sort of respect you elicit is something ODN can do without. So yeah do enjoy yourself wherever you do end up.

Edited by Cataduanes

10 i=1

20 Good to have you back. :D

30 while i>0 do 20

I guess that's what's know as 'your Basic welcome'.

Now, TBB....

It's a weird, scary world. Frankly, I think the scariest thing is that NoR and TPF are actually talking. (Or they were while I was Kaiser of Nordreich....hopefully they still are.) That's the sort of relationship that could fill a lot of drawers down the road, if you know what I mean.

Now, where to go....

Don't go back to the TPF. Seriously. Nine times out of ten, an ex-leader is a liability. They end up getting put back in a position of authority or they end up being ignored completely. They offer advice when it isn't wanted or come across as grumpy curmudgeons who think the 'kids' can't do anything right. There are exceptions, of course, but most of the time the worst thing an ex-leader can do is stick around/go back.

I dunno. If I had to suggest something, I'd say, "Surprise some people. Surprise yourself." Go somewhere completely unexpected. Broaden your horizons a bit. (Like Martens when he left NoV and joined the LSF.)

Welcome back.

EDIT: Also, your resources suck.

Edited by kingzog

:laugh: please there is sweet FA you could teach me about having a ''pair'', besides the sort of respect you elicit is something ODN can do without. So yeah do enjoy yourself wherever you do end up.

If Cataduanes were an alliance, it would be the very best and most highly regarded alliance in the world. Unfortunately, he did not direct that remark at you, but at your alliance which enjoys a not entirely deserved reputation for being a chief consumer of neuticles.

neuticles.jpg

I should probably stay out of this, but I've seen this particular exchange far too many times:

1. ODN gets insulted
  2. Cataduanes stands up and says, "Oh yeah? What about me!?!?"
  3. Insulter says, "yah, you're cool, but your alliance? jeez."
  4. Cata responds, "Hey, we're doing our best, but we've got some work to do, k?"
  5. Insulter says, "kk, we'll see"

I just figured that I'd short circuit this vicious little cycle before it got to step 3 this time.

I dunno whether to giggle or feel aggrieved :laugh:, especially when the comment comes from someone that helped my alliance earn its less than salubrious rep on one occasion.

giggle, I know I do

That's fine that you feel that way, and I do too, but sooner or later I get to stop being a scape goat. I haven't been there in how long? Meanwhile the majority of the people that elected me, worked with me, and helped sign my policies are mostly still there. Now that's a pretty mean fact of life, but it's also one that you've got to come to terms with.

EDIT:

This has become a little cycle too.

1. Someone insults the ODN
  2. Cata shows up and blames "previous administrations"
  3. WN shows up and says "Mea Culpa"
  4. No one cares (proceed to step 1 of the 5 step Cataduanes Defense)

Edited by WalkerNinja

Yeah true enough, but lets not underestimate your role in that episode Walker...fact is you commanded alot of respect and trust with which people followed you somewhat blindly, you had a responsibility that i feel you failed to live up to but hey what do i know right...i am just a simple soldier :ehm:. But yeah i shall follow your lead and giggle in the corner.

Well it's a shame he wasn't government at the time. I would have loved to see him cry as his precious alliance and infra burned.

My aren't you bitter? Anyone would think you were on the losing end of the karma war, since you seem to love wearing the sack cloth and ashes and crying in every thread.

I'd suggest you grow up and get a grip of yourself. We get it, you hate the hegemony, no need to show up in so many threads whinging.

My aren't you bitter? Anyone would think you were on the losing end of the karma war, since you seem to love wearing the sack cloth and ashes and crying in every thread.

I'd suggest you grow up and get a grip of yourself. We get it, you hate the hegemony, no need to show up in so many threads whinging.

Good heavens it does look like a sack cloth!

You are a bad bad brown bear.

giggle, I know I do

That's fine that you feel that way, and I do too, but sooner or later I get to stop being a scape goat. I haven't been there in how long? Meanwhile the majority of the people that elected me, worked with me, and helped sign my policies are mostly still there. Now that's a pretty mean fact of life, but it's also one that you've got to come to terms with.

EDIT:

This has become a little cycle too.

1. Someone insults the ODN
  2. Cata shows up and blames "previous administrations"
  3. WN shows up and says "Mea Culpa"
  4. No one cares (proceed to step 1 of the 5 step Cataduanes Defense)

If it makes you feel any better I've noticed both of the patterns you mention. Unfortunately it will persist so long as ODN remains in the same sort of PR limbo that NPO is in that is entirely dependent on suitable circumstances to demonstrate a reversal to present.