Treaty Cancellation

I think this summarizes the discourse so far quite succinctly:

gorilla_beating_chest.gif

I am glad so many of you decided to stop by and spit in our eyes like the classy gentleman you prove yourselves to be time and time again.

I think it's "probably a good idea" if people check their raging hormones before replying here lest they forget diplomacy and decency altogether.

It is a shame when alliances drift apart but acknowledging it is the first step towards potential betterment of it. Don't be strangers.

In all honesty decency seems to be in rare supply 'round these parts.

Anyway, best of luck to both MCXA and Sparta.

It's never a good feeling to see allies part ways.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, beat that chest! Beat it!

I didn't see that as chest thumping. More an observation of how each performed in the previous war. Just one mans observation though...

I think this summarizes the discourse so far quite succinctly:

gorilla_beating_chest.gif

I am glad so many of you decided to stop by and spit in our eyes like the classy gentleman you prove yourselves to be time and time again.

I think it's "probably a good idea" if people check their raging hormones before replying here lest they forget diplomacy and decency altogether.

It is a shame when alliances drift apart but acknowledging it is the first step towards potential betterment of it. Don't be strangers.

Well said. I am sorry to see this part of ways. I don't necessarily see the spitting in the eyes, as much as you; but you are entitled to your opinion.

Good luck to both parties.

Well if you consider it a win not to be allied to an alliance who's entire upper tier actually obeys orders and fights in wars ( a concept I know to be foreign to Sparta) then that is your choice. I too will be happy, and we shall be in another win-win situation that I so love.

I find this a funny comment coming from TOP, Sparta fought much harder in the karma war then TOP did, and they had the decency to eat a few nukes as well. :v:

It's unfortunate that MXCA canceled this treaty, if you ever need any help Sparta, you know where to find Athens. :laugh:

Drastically changed global situation calls for some changes in FA's of all alliances. Good luck to MCXA in theirs.

Also good luck to Sparta. Being cancelled on is never an enjoyable experience. I wish you all the best.

Well if you consider it a win not to be allied to an alliance who's entire upper tier actually obeys orders and fights in wars ( a concept I know to be foreign to Sparta) then that is your choice. I too will be happy, and we shall be in another win-win situation that I so love.

-_- I'd take a treaty with Sparta over TOP any day of the week.

May we someday come to become allies again Sparta! We just need to talk some more ;)

o/ MCXA

o/ SPARTA

In all honesty decency seems to be in rare supply 'round these parts.

Anyway, best of luck to both MCXA and Sparta.

It's never a good feeling to see allies part ways.

No it isn't and MCXA/Sparta had a longtime standing relationship which faltered due to recent events and other factors.

Drastically changed global situation calls for some changes in FA's of all alliances. Good luck to MCXA in theirs.

Also good luck to Sparta. Being cancelled on is never an enjoyable experience. I wish you all the best.

QFT

congratulations to both of you on getting rid of some dead weight.

I wouldn't exactly call it dead weight. Instead I would call it another treaty amongst many others that wasn't able to survive the drastic changes Planet Bob has gone over in the past 6 months.

TOP is clearly to blame for this.

...really ? or is this just sarcasm ?

Edited by KingEd

You didn't seem to mind being allied to them both for all that time in the Continuum.

Actually, I think he did mind even then. Kaiser, from my knowledge of him has never been a big proponent of Q, Sparta or MCXA. Although you may know Kaiser better then me and I could be mistaken.

That said, you seem to be confusing personal opinion with alliance opinion. Seems a bit harsh to me Londo, and I don't think I would ever be so quick to judge Athen's position on some comments made by one member.

On topic though, I can understand treaties being cancel for lack of communication. It makes sense, and I believe should be encouraged. I know this wasn't easy for MCXA in their weakened position, and in my opinion took courage to do the right thing.

Best of luck to both.

Edited by Khyber

Good luck to both parties.

That said, you seem to be confusing personal opinion with alliance opinion. Seems a bit harsh to me Londo, and I don't think I would ever be so quick to judge Athen's position on some comments made by one member.

When you consider some of the things Athens were a party to over the last few months a harsh judgment isn't all that bad.

I find this a funny comment coming from TOP, Sparta fought much harder in the karma war then TOP did, and they had the decency to eat a few nukes as well. :v:

It's unfortunate that MXCA canceled this treaty, if you ever need any help Sparta, you know where to find Athens. :laugh:

First thing, Fighting harder doesn't equal better. Second thing, we ate nukes too. And I know you know this because, we had this conversation only weeks before. So please, stop blocking out what we told you. Anyway sad to see, but best of lucky to MCXA.... None to you Sparta just because you have Sethly

Now can we please get back on topic? This isn't a blame TOP thread or anything to that nature. Anyway again Sparta you suck because you got Sethly :P

Edited by Believland

First thing, Fighting harder doesn't equal better. Second thing, we ate nukes too. And I know you know this because, we had this conversation only weeks before. So please, stop blocking out what we told you. Anyway sad to see, but best of lucky to MCXA.... None to you Sparta just because you have Sethly

Facts are not needed when citing propaganda, often they are a detriment infact.

I don't think correcting him again serves any purpose, he is in fact choosing to lie to better serve an agenda he is trying to push. At best it can help put down facts against someone reading this for the first time, but I think most people would double check anything they read to verify if it is fact of fiction. At least I hope they would.

Alterego, I actually don't think Athens has done anything harsh, and have been told good things about their leadership in the past by allies of mine, hence my suprise at them taking the comments of one of our membership and painting it to sound like it was TOP as a whole that believed what Kaiser was saying. Oh, and just to clear it up, those 4 nukes you hit me with, and the 3 nukes you made every TOP nation on you eat the first round, and in the second round when you were engaged with I think Princess Thia or Jiminy102 (forget now) where you shot some nukes on them, that was in the Karma war right? Just so it's not a game of he said she said between some TOP guys and some Athens guys about TOP eating nukes this last war.

Both MCXA and Sparta were good allies to TOP for decent periods of time in the past. It's always a shame to see allies drift apart, but understandable considering the changes within them and with the world in general. I still have a soft spot for both even if I no longer call them allies, so I hope both find their way.

For the sake of this not turning into an Athens vs. TOP discussion, I'd like to request this [ooc]thread[/ooc] stay on topic. Thanks.

As a side note: For those of you who have been taking shots at Sparta's productivity in the top tiers, I'd like to turn your attention to the beginning of the repercussions for those who refused to fight.

http://www.cybernations.net/search_wars.as...&Extended=1

Sparta does not take insubordination lightly, and it seems to me like snidely commenting on our performance without any consideration for our commitment to rectify our efficiency issues is rather one sided.

Of course it's sarcasm, I'd be raving mad to drag TOP into this with any measure of seriousness.

kk :) just checking lol

For the sake of this not turning into an Athens vs. TOP discussion, I'd like to request this [ooc]thread[/ooc] stay on topic. Thanks.

As a side note: For those of you who have been taking shots at Sparta's productivity in the top tiers, I'd like to turn your attention to the beginning of the repercussions for those who refused to fight.

Sparta does not take insubordination lightly, and it seems to me like snidely commenting on our performance without any consideration for our commitment to rectify our efficiency issues is rather one sided.

:o Well done indeed, sick em!