FAIL Rides to War

I never thought I'd be defending RV especially when I don't agree with the side he's fighting on, but...

Even though what GDI did was stupid, GDI was there to support RV. RV is just returning the favor and doing what an honorable ally does.

I must second this post.

It probably won't do much but FAIL is still there with her allies.

RV wins at OWF.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Say what you will about him, there is no denying he looks out for his allies. A treaty with him means something, and I can say that it is more than can be said about most of you (well, when you're really needed at least).

Well I never said otherwise, clearly he did come through for you with The Family. Though it's a matter of perception as to whether that was actually helpful or... not. But like I said, I expected FAIL to at least do something here and I'm not surprised that it was a DoW.

I expected better from you RV.

Fixed for you

I expected better this from you RV.

/me sends in one IOU to RV's utilities supplier citing respect for RV to pay the Bills.

Hope that helps RV.

If it doesn't, and you have to turn to IRC dancing to the pay the bills, i'm sure someone will stuff some $1 bills down your pants at #ttk ...

... depends whos drunk enough.

As of this moment, I, Rebel Virginia, recognize a state of war between the Federated Allied Independence League and the Viridian Entente.

Given your treaty obligations, this is entirely reasonable.

I am sad that Ryan acted without caring of the consequences that his faithful ally FAIL would have had to face: GDI's aggression against a Pacifican wasn't right in the first place, and being arrogant and unreasonable when dealing with it was bound to cause bad consequences.

FAIL just found itself in the mid of that storm, and you have my solidarity for your situation. Don't lose faith, RV, and continue to work for a peaceful resolution: if there's one person that can bring Ryan to reason, that is you.

Come to think of it, I guess it would come as something of an anomaly to Viridia. I mean, honoring treaties even when it's inconvenient to do so is quite the foreign concept to them, isnt it?

When have we not honoured a treaty then.

I am sure you could find an example of what you claim.

Edit: Thinking about it, I dont think we have even done the lame cancel a treaty just before the war thing.

Edited by leprecon

Do you know what the Initiative was?

We fought together with the initiative when they needed it.

They chose not to support us when we wanted to attack /b/, after all, /b/ was a harmless neutral.

Then for no reason at all during the next war /b/ attacks us, goes nuke rogue, and then decides to attack the game itself.

After fighting the war we cancelled our treaties.

We didnt wimp out or anything, we cancelled treaties.

Or is cancelling a treaty dishonourable now ?

Edit: I just realized my name has a lower case "L" :(

Edited by leprecon

When have we not honoured a treaty then.

I am sure you could find an example of what you claim.

Edit: Thinking about it, I dont think we have even done the lame cancel a treaty just before the war thing.

NV during the No-CB war. FIST during the NpO-FIST conflict.

Both were MDoAP treaties, maybe the NV one was a MDAP at the time and downgraded after the war.

You are being unfair.

No, unfair is bringing the leader of your MADP partner into an ambush channel in order to ... negotiate.

But that's not the topic of this thread. For what it's worth, RV has given the best possible reason in the OP for going to war: GDI supported his alliance when it seemed like a terrible idea, now he's doing the same in return. Yes, it's true he didn't have to - he's an ODP partner, not an MDP partner. But it's still a noble sentiment, and hopefully GDI comes to some kind of peace terms quickly.

Indeed, I am sure that VE honoured the spirit and letter of the Emerald-Sapphire Concord in every detail.

1: NpO did not request our support. Hence we honoured the treaty

2: NpO attacked one of our allies without discussing with us first. (and no an hour in advance does NOT count)

3: NpO realized it messed up by declaring white peace only 6 days in the conflict.

4: NpO had a login and pw for a VE forum account freely available on the NpO forums.

We cancelled our treaty, not only because by nr 4 you probably violated the intelligence clause, but also because you

1: refused to take away the account details from your forums

2: Refused to kick out the member who posted the login and PW.

3: were so aggresive as to force us in a position where we have to watch our allies die.

Surprise surprise, we cancel our treaties when we find the alliance we are treatied with is treating us like crap.

Also, we cancelled a month or so before the war happened, because we disagreed on stuff, that can hardly be seen as being dishonourable.

Edit:

No, unfair is bringing the leader of your MADP partner into an ambush channel in order to ... negotiate.

Boohoo, an alliance leader feels threatened, I suppose since you guys felt threatened all the stunts you pulled were ok.

Edited by leprecon

But that's not the topic of this thread. For what it's worth, RV has given the best possible reason in the OP for going to war: GDI supported his alliance when it seemed like a terrible idea, now he's doing the same in return. Yes, it's true he didn't have to - he's an ODP partner, not an MDP partner. But it's still a noble sentiment, and hopefully GDI comes to some kind of peace terms quickly.

Compared to what E_S did during the Unjust War, it was nothing.

1: NpO did not request our support. Hence we honoured the treaty

2: NpO attacked one of our allies without discussing with us first. (and no an hour in advance does NOT count)

3: NpO realized it messed up by declaring white peace only 6 days in the conflict.

4: NpO had a login and pw for a VE forum account freely available on the NpO forums.

We cancelled our treaty, not only because by nr 4 you probably violated the intelligence clause, but also because you

1: refused to take away the account details from your forums

2: Refused to kick out the member who posted the login and PW.

3: were so aggresive as to force us in a position where we have to watch our allies die.

Surprise surprise, we cancel our treaties when we find the alliance we are treatied with is treating us like crap.

Also, we cancelled a month or so before the war happened, because we disagreed on stuff, that can hardly be seen as being dishonourable.

Edit:

Boohoo, an alliance leader feels threatened, I suppose since you guys felt threatened all the stunts you pulled were ok.

You appear to be unaware which alliance I come from. Hint: it hasn't changed since slightly after the Unjust War.

Also, you did a whole lot more than cancel your treaties with them. But like I said, this doesn't really belong here. Just don't pull the "We've always honoured every treaty" line out on people who know better.