FAIL Rides to War

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, VE taunting Rebel Virginia for going to war in order to repay a debt of honor?

You guys sure have balls, taunting RV for only...Well...Honoring his treaties. Which he actually acknowledges is the only reason he's doing it.

Poor show, Viridia.

Come to think of it, I guess it would come as something of an anomaly to Viridia. I mean, honoring treaties even when it's inconvenient to do so is quite the foreign concept to them, isnt it?

Edited by Chron

This was actually pretty expected, good to see FAIL repaying GDI for their earlier support. Why anyone would have allied with him in the first place is beyond me, though.

Say what you will about him, there is no denying he looks out for his allies. A treaty with him means something, and I can say that it is more than can be said about most of you (well, when you're really needed at least).

RV come on man... your better then this... =(

Now as tempting the idea of leaving one's allies out to dry when the going gets rough might be to many of you, I never was a huge fan of that policy. So long as I am in charge of the League, believe me, we shall never leave our friends behind. And that's final.

I never thought I'd be defending RV especially when I don't agree with the side he's fighting on, but...

Even though what GDI did was stupid, GDI was there to support RV. RV is just returning the favor and doing what an honorable ally does.

He's honoring his word. There's not really anything you can reproach RV for here, I think.

Edit: I see I got beat to saying that several times over. Whoops. >_>

Edited by Aurion

True, yeah. I guess one wonders whether it's 'right' (yes, I know I'm using the scare quotes) to ride off to war if you know your ally is..well, wrong. (Assuming that Rebel Virginia sees it that way; if not, that's his opinion and he can have it.)

I mean, I remember a lot of speech about walking away from 'allies' when they pull things that are wrong. Both for and against the idea. What's one to do?

I mean, I remember a lot of speech about walking away from 'allies' when they pull things that are wrong. Both for and against the idea. What's one to do?

Just an excuse for cowards to get out of honoring their agreements, making claims that their ally broke the spirit of the treaty by doing something stupid. Well, if you had no plan to honor your treaty regardless, it is a pointless agreement, as is any made with you in the future. Fight the war you promised to commit to, and then work it out with your ally after. If you determine the relationship is beyond repair, cancel then. Not before. Just my philosophy.

Just an excuse for cowards to get out of honoring their agreements, making claims that their ally broke the spirit of the treaty by doing something stupid. Well, if you had no plan to honor your treaty regardless, it is a pointless agreement, as is any made with you in the future. Fight the war you promised to commit to, and then work it out with your ally after. If you determine the relationship is beyond repair, cancel then. Not before. Just my philosophy.

See what you mean there. Things to keep in mind, should I advance further in the world. Still, one can at least sigh wistfully as they see this sort of thing unfold.

Or cackle evilly. That's more dependent on your own personality. I'll lean away from that side, tho.

True, yeah. I guess one wonders whether it's 'right' (yes, I know I'm using the scare quotes) to ride off to war if you know your ally is..well, wrong. (Assuming that Rebel Virginia sees it that way; if not, that's his opinion and he can have it.)

My view is that when you say you'll defend someone, you defend someone regardless.

No idea what most think.

If it's an ODP, I suppose that would be more valid since you legally can say "No."

Edit: Well, not that MDP dodging isn't common. But it holds, I think.

Edited by Aurion