At Long Last, the End of the Karma War

Archon

• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Heft, you know as well as I do the first wave was supposed to be IRON/TORN. The cancellations were an attempt to save themselves. There is seriously no way any of the people involved didn't know the war was starting, considering how many of them worked to help plan it.

Actually, that sounds familiar. I think we were expecting TORN/IRON in the first wave initially. I definitely don't think anyone expected NPO to be an initiator. Not the first few days of that long weekend anyway. It was not quite as surprising by the time the CB had shifted around to the NPO-centric one it finally landed on. Still didn't fully expect it to happen by that point, though.

Actually, that sounds familiar. I think we were expecting TORN/IRON in the first wave initially. I definitely don't think anyone expected NPO to be an initiator. Not the first few days of that long weekend anyway. It was not quite as surprising by the time the CB had shifted around to the NPO-centric one it finally landed on. Still didn't fully expect it to happen by that point, though.

If you need to confirm it, ask Archon. BigWoody spoke to him about how to keep C&G out days before the war began(IRON/TORN were both members of OUT with Vanguard, meaning Vanguard couldn't declare. MK "would side" with TORN.)

Edited by Dilber

If you need to confirm it, ask Archon. BigWoody spoke to him about how to keep C&G out days before the war began(IRON/TORN were both members of OUT with Vanguard, meaning Vanguard couldn't declare. MK "would side" with TORN.)

They fact that anyone thought that CnG wouldn't fight against your side after how you treated them is mystifying; TORN MDP or no.

Tell it all brother, we ain't getting any younger and the devil is gettin stronger.

This. However once we got wind of that bizzar CB, it was clear how this would play out lol

Oh I know. They told us when it happened. That's how we first learned what was going on with half the world dropping into peace mode. I think I referenced that in passing in the "Build up to the Karma War" summary I wrote.

(Another little tidbit - the name given by itself for what later became known as the Hegemony was Armageddon. Nobody had any illusions that the odds were on our side.)

That's odd

The analysis I was seeing was that the sides would be pretty even, with the slight size advantage on the karma side being offset by the fact that the 1v and Q blocks should show superior co-ordination to the hodge podge, last minute coalition that was forming into Karma

As it was, the flight of the coalition of cowards firstly gave Karma a clean shot at NPO, essentially allowing Hegemony's biggest alliance to have it's offensive potential destroyed before the war got started,

The Propaganda boost from that car wreck also gave a huge morale boost to the Karma side and probably drew alliances from the neutrality fence into the war on the side of karma

finally when the CoC did re-engage they did so piecemeal allowing the Karma command structure, that had been allowed extra time to build itself, a much easier time in containing the hegemony alliances into separate non supporting fronts

Simply put if Q and 1V had put up a strong united front in the first few days of the war then the outcome could have been very different

It's interesting you say that about warning. We actually had a lot of warning that an attack was imminent, as in that we basically knew that at any time the war might start, and we should hit private channels each night to find out if doomsday had begun.

(Another little tidbit - the name given by itself for what later became known as the Hegemony was Armageddon. Nobody had any illusions that the odds were on our side.)

Why the heck did you guys start the war if you knew you were going to lose it?

They fact that anyone thought that CnG wouldn't fight against your side after how you treated them is mystifying; TORN MDP or no.

A fortunate error in judgement, for us. :)

Once a Vanguard ally was attacked there was no way C&G wasnt going to enter the war in her defense once it spread. Especially when it was a non-Vanguard ally who hit OV.

It was supposed to be OUT alliances hitting OV. Like I said, a bit of a dumb idea.

Edited by Dilber

Yeah, the only problem with this is that it didn't plan on the war expanding, which considering the catalyst, should have been expected.

It did actually. It stated that MK would hit VE or GOD. Like I said, it wasn't a good plan.

Why the heck did you guys start the war if you knew you were going to lose it?

Because of their long held moral opposition to accepting screenshots. :lol1:

It was supposed to be OUT alliances hitting OV. Like I said, a bit of a dumb idea.

There's an understatement.