CNRP: Botha Mode Petition

Bacharth

Botha Mode...  

56 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you're playing Botha Mode you're not playing CNRP.

:blink: With all due respect, says who? Botha seems to be well inside the CNRP's many threads and events, and the current blockade of Junio's nation by CNRP nations suggests otherwise dude...

But you being the creator of the World X thread, maybe i'm wrong?

Which is totally retarded... this means all community members would need to RP in a way to not draw any unwanted flak from a self-righteous nation and get involved in a war they have no intention of RPing... hence Forced RP...

Besides, some people could care less about interacting with an extremely fickle community, one that jumps at the idea of intervening militarily... hardly 'life-like' don't you think?

If I want to RP a ruthless nation filled with bloodlust with a war-like culture, I should be able to without the threat of people upturning their noses at the sight of my bloodshed and invade or otherwise threaten me....

...and should I feel that I am ready to RP in a war (which i won't for a long time, its hard to come up with unrepetitive, creative and vivid battles and keep up with one enemy, let alone the half dozen Junio faces) then I would PM someone and set a situation up

This way its fun to CNRP for EVERYONE

If you want to whine about it, go make it non-cannon so people can't respond to your actions with IC actions unless if you allow them. How would you feel if you wanted to go on a rampage, throw some nukes, etc, etc, and everyone locks up by saying, "No! We won't recognize it! You will ruin our fun!!!!"

:blink: With all due respect, says who? Botha seems to be well inside the CNRP's many threads and events, and the current blockade of Junio's nation by CNRP nations suggests otherwise dude...

But you being the creator of the World X thread, maybe i'm wrong?

Because CNRP requires interaction with the rest of the people. If you're not playing with us, then you're not going to take up a spot on the map that new RPers might want to use. As for Botha, he figured out a way to do CNRP while still maintaining his in-game relationships. Everyone else who has since tried has failed miserably, especially now Borghese who is going to take advantage of the fact that nobody in CNRP can touch him.

If you want to whine about it, go make it non-cannon so people can't respond to your actions with IC actions unless if you allow them. How would you feel if you wanted to go on a rampage, throw some nukes, etc, etc, and everyone locks up by saying, "No! We won't recognize it! You will ruin our fun!!!!"

Well, I'd be put in my place, because if i wanted to throw nukes around I would be FORCING RP ON THEM!!!!!

For gods sake man! The whole point of my arguement is not to throw unwanted battles or other RPs unto people! IF someone agreed to be a victim of my random nuking spree, so be it he'll be hit....

And please don't resort to calling my statements whining dude, I'm doing no such thing

Botha mode is RPing 100% exactly what happens to your nation IG and only that...at least that's how I saw Botha define it long ago. So, they only RP war if they're at war IG.

This is basically what it is. Basically in-game stats only and in-game occurances are RP'ed out (i.e. I lost my military capacity in the Karma War, so now I have no navy and airforce or nukes in RP). No RP wars unless pre-arranged is the main stricker, as essentially I don't recognise any invasions unless pre-agreed / pre-arranged.

And, let me stress, as I have said before: it is not a means to hide behind when trouble strikes your way.

Botha mode goes both ways, you use it when times are good for your nation and when times are bad. But it is not a convenient crutch to hide behind if you have overextended yourself past accepted Botha RP norms and are now feeling the heat for it and trying to hide from the fallouty of your ations.

I actually have no understanding why this has become a particular issue with Junio Borghese, as he seems to be the one who is getting fingers pointed at right now. Is there some contentious issue that someone can provide links?

Well, I'd be put in my place, because if i wanted to throw nukes around I would be FORCING RP ON THEM!!!!!

For gods sake man! The whole point of my arguement is not to throw unwanted battles or other RPs unto people! IF someone agreed to be a victim of my random nuking spree, so be it he'll be hit....

And please don't resort to calling my statements whining dude, I'm doing no such thing

If we lived in a world with no forced RPs, there would be no wars.

Because CNRP requires interaction with the rest of the people. If you're not playing with us, then you're not going to take up a spot on the map that new RPers might want to use. As for Botha, he figured out a way to do CNRP while still maintaining his in-game relationships. Everyone else who has since tried has failed miserably, especially now Borghese who is going to take advantage of the fact that nobody in CNRP can touch him.

If Botha can do it properly, why ban Botha mode altogether and say that it isnt CNRP? If anyone abuses anything, punish them, not the thing

If Botha can do it properly, why ban Botha mode altogether and say that it isnt CNRP? If anyone abuses anything, punish them, not the thing

That's why we're saying that Botha can keep HIS Botha mode, because he's doing it right.

This is basically what it is. Basically in-game stats only and in-game occurances are RP'ed out (i.e. I lost my military capacity in the Karma War, so now I have no navy and airforce or nukes in RP). No RP wars unless pre-arranged is the main stricker, as essentially I don't recognise any invasions unless pre-agreed / pre-arranged.

And, let me stress, as I have said before: it is not a means to hide behind when trouble strikes your way.

Botha mode goes both ways, you use it when times are good for your nation and when times are bad. But it is not a convenient crutch to hide behind if you have overextended yourself past accepted Botha RP norms and are now feeling the heat for it and trying to hide from the fallouty of your ations.

I actually have no understanding why this has become a particular issue with Junio Borghese, as he seems to be the one who is getting fingers pointed at right now. Is there some contentious issue that someone can provide links?

He basically openly admitted that his government slaughtered protestors, and those against him are screaming about human rights violations.

Ughhh... look to my previous post about the subsequent East African war that resulted from my Invasion of the ISoA... if BOTH people agree to it, then full speed ahead! That is my whole point...no Forced RP!

In effect, just by existing in CNRP you are forcing RP to a degree. You are using some land that someone alse cannot simply take without a fight.

Okay, having read more of this tread (interesting discussion by the way), I would say that if Junio Borghese is playing Botha mode - then, 'no' he doesn't need to recognise any blockades or wars unless they were in-game naval blockades or in-game wars..

NOW... that all said, if this were happening to me, I'd be like 'dude run with this, it's the basis for a great story line.' My nation has taken political flak for our racial problems, and I am like 'bring it on' because that's kinda of why I started that theme, to see who responds and what happens. Mind you, everyone knows or can guess my self-imposed RP limits, which is probably why no one has bothered to RP an invasion of Transvaal.

One question I have is: has Junio done something outside of Botha mode to warrant an invasion. What I am wondering is, has he crossed the line?

(Psst, Junio... run with it dude, use the blockades as a challenge to work out.)

In effect, just by existing in CNRP you are forcing RP to a degree. You are using some land that someone alse cannot simply take without a fight.

No, because any credible CNRP nation must first post its land claims in the World X thread, where existing CNRPers have a chance to dispute it... again, NO FORCED RP!

No, because any credible CNRP nation must first post its land claims in the World X thread, where existing CNRPers have a chance to dispute it... again, NO FORCED RP!

The World Map is OOC, and has no bearing unless the claim IC has been made. The map is a reference to what you claim, not a place to actually claim land.

Now, for the topic at hand. "Botha Mode" shouldn't really be banned if that is how people want to RP. However, they shouldn't also use it as a scapegoat to do anything they please and get away with it.

We all have to live with it. Such is CNRP. Besides, if you're claiming lands that is already occupied, then CNRPers have a chance to dispute it. But if you're claiming lands that is under the protection of a nation (and have the owner's approval) or is unclaimed, then no one will mind.

We all have to live with it. Such is CNRP. Besides, if you're claiming lands that is already occupied, then CNRPers have a chance to dispute it. But if you're claiming lands that is under the protection of a nation (and have the owner's approval) or is unclaimed, then no one will mind.

Thats what I meant, no one is forced to accept your claim at all in the case of unused land since that RP does not affect the CNRPer in any way, and if you want claimed land, you first need to reach an agreement with its owner, who can actually outright refuse your request at his/her discretion, hence, no forced RP...

But yeah I don't wanna thread hijack, and i'm interested to see what Botha and Junio can do to resolve this issue (I still wanna use part of Botha's Botha Mode :P )

Edited by Executive Minister

Okay, having read more of this tread (interesting discussion by the way), I would say that if Junio Borghese is playing Botha mode - then, 'no' he doesn't need to recognise any blockades or wars unless they were in-game naval blockades or in-game wars..

NOW... that all said, if this were happening to me, I'd be like 'dude run with this, it's the basis for a great story line.' My nation has taken political flak for our racial problems, and I am like 'bring it on' because that's kinda of why I started that theme, to see who responds and what happens. Mind you, everyone knows or can guess my self-imposed RP limits, which is probably why no one has bothered to RP an invasion of Transvaal.

One question I have is: has Junio done something outside of Botha mode to warrant an invasion. What I am wondering is, has he crossed the line?

(Psst, Junio... run with it dude, use the blockades as a challenge to work out.)

Botha wins...someone else who wants a good plot line. :wub:

Think of your audience guys!

I am ok with people doing "Botha Mode", as long as they don't abuse it. Just like how I don't bloody give a damn about my stats anymore; I'm sure everyone is fine with it as long as I don't abuse it.

On a different note...

"Forced RP." Just like math, science, and conspiracy theories, almost anything can be called Forced RP. CNRP is a IC globalizing community; actions others take can have an affect on you. I.e. you have a pact with a fellow RP'er to defend them when they are under attack. They come under attack, with you under obligation to defend them. You can call that forced RP because you need to help him (or abandon him, not good IC-wise).

;) no one is persecuting OOC Borghese, i am simply running with a storyline. As regards Botha mode its a little difficult, how does one enforce the sort of self-restraint' Botha has? how can you without someone acting as a referee/gamesmaster.

Indeed. In such cases, Moderation needs to act.

Problem is beyond the Forum rules the Moderation adopts a hands-off approach....

The moderation staff will take a hands-off approach to all roleplay affairs. Unless a poster is in violation of the forum rules or the guidelines outlined here no official action will be taken. Governance of individual RPs and their specific guidelines will be left to the RP creator(s) and the participants of the RP

This is an issue we ourselves are going to have to try sort out.

Edited by Cataduanes

You do realize that if Botha Mode is banned for all (except Botha) then you'll HAVE to drop Botha mode and have to comply to a war if one starts.

I will do so only if a roleplay moderator (not a poll) comes to me and tell me to roleplay "in the way other people want me to roleplay" which is ridicolous, but i will not change my roleplay style because some people say so, unless it's a moderator of cyber nation telling me. I don't like the idea players who actually play CNRP, control the community and make their own rules, there is indeed a conflict of interest. The diplomatic roleplay has moved in IRC, in the roleplay people do what they decided in IRC, in a chat, not related to the game.. i don't want to be involved in all those behind-the-scenes talks and discussions, i want to roleplay my IG stuff and have nothing to do with those fantasy wars, that means i will not roleplay any - ANY offensive war, so what the hell is the problem? Just because i roleplay a fascist nation and my government is authoritarian? A lot of people have done that for years, and i'm not telling it's wrong - it's roleplay, i don't think there is someone actually sharing the same ideas with their leaders, at least i don't. I'm not fascist, i'm just doing it for fun, to roleplay something different, i like politics, i like history and i'm italian.. i thought it was fun to roleplay a fascist nation, because is just roleplay (and i never showed a picture of mussolini)

I think it's my right to be isolationist, i leave people alone, and i ask people to leave me alone. I'm not saying people cannot roleplay a war every two days, i'm just saying i don't want to be part of that anymore, i'm tired of wars and wars and wars for any stupid reason, i want to roleplay a country, not a battlefield. People think an invasion it's an easy thing with no reactions and consequences, they tell me my RP destroys CNRP history.. well, i think not being able to roleplay a country is more dangerous for CNRP - we (me and a few more people who are still here since i joined) were used to roleplay countries and leaders, not "big brother". We were used to roleplay society and culture, now it's all about the IRC chat and what happens over there, sorry but i refuse to be part of that. If more players are willing to roleplay COUNTRIES (culture, economy, politics), i will gladly roleplay with them.

Edited by Junio Borghese

I have been and always will be against Botha mode. I have nothing against Botha himself but the way you play annoys me. You say you won't recongise wars unless pre planned or recognise things like a blockade unless its in game then you should be in the other forum which is the game-related RP as all rp accoridng to IG wars and attacks are done there. If you want to roleplay in the fantasy RP section of the forums then you have to accept RP wars and blockades as that is what this section is for.

Edited by King Kevz