The Unjust War

Essenia

Unjust War  

760 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

tbh, I've never understood why \m/ didn't take that route. It could have been absolutely hilarious. I'm amazed no one noticed the lulz potential of 50 people writing a dozen letters each.

Apparently that was on top of the military terms so that would be a pretty horrible waste of time.

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What John Michaels said. At this point a thread on the GPW probably wouldn't get a lot of hits simply because it's been done to death.

Actually it probably would, but half of it would be "lolVladimir said this" and then eventually Vladimir would show up and say "No I didn't." So let's not do that.

But UJW is definitely the second most important conflict, then. GWI set the stage for everything that followed up until UJW, UJW set the stage for just about everything up until Karma war, which has set the stage for whatever is coming next. Those are the truly pivotal conflicts, the ones that change the entire political make-up of the game.

The only people who look fondly on Shark Week were the GOONS and their allies.

Almost everyone else went into radio silence for the week.

I miss shark week, and I continued posting in that week.

[08:15.40] <|Jason8|> If I can ask, what will it cost \m/ to continue to exist as an alliance?

[08:18.14] <~sponge_afk> You have to disband to minimum military forever, including improvements, and become an eternal tech farm for Polaris.

[08:18.28] <~sponge_afk> With an appointed Polar Viceroy.

[08:19.08] <|Jason8|> You're kidding, right?

[08:19.37] <~sponge_afk> Not in the slightest.

[08:21.00] <|Jason8|> Got anything else?

[08:21.51] <~sponge_afk> A personal apology to every single member of the New Polar Order, each individually written and apropriately personalized.

[08:22.08] <|Jason8|> ...

[08:28.04] <|Jason8|> You cannot expect me to accept either of those.

[08:34.07] <~sponge_afk> Did you really think when it came down to it I would be at all charitable?

[08:34.38] <|Jason8|> Oh hell no.

[08:34.53] <|Jason8|> I just thought you might let us exist.

[08:36.11] <~sponge_afk> I will under the terms offered above.

[08:36.32] <|Jason8|> I guess this is over, then.

[08:36.43] <~sponge_afk> Yes, it is.

To be fair, it has been noted that \m/ might well have gotten real terms if it had continued to fight; I am frankly not qualified to judge that statement though I certainly have an opinion on it.

Everything is evil sponge's fault!

To be honest, one of my favorite things is watching E'Sponge try to explain how he didn't force \m/ to disband. OH, REALLY?!

Yes, really. Protip; if you want reasonable terms, perhaps giving up after one week isn't the best idea.

Oh, REALLY??

Nah, just kiddin'

Seemed to work well in GWIII and the Karma War, actually.

Your point being? I for one don't really see Sponge throwing mellow wristslaps around like that. Situations change and people doing decisions based on those situations change. Still, generally speaking, actual terms are seldom offered after a mere week of fighting.

I was NPO at the time, and majorly blue-balled having only GOLD to fight initially, and then latter the dregs of Scotland Forever etc.

I kinda wish the Unjust Highway had won, perhaps then I would have gotten the war I craved at the time :3

I could type much about UJW.. but seriously who cares now? Apparently everyone has had their kick in the face (with a few notable exceptions) so why do people even give a toss anymore?

UJP got what they wanted, all out war, but seriously didn't have the juice to get it done. I loved every minute of that war, as I did every other war I ever fought and I think on balance the result was the right one.

A world where GOONS et al were the controlling faction, spare me the details of how good that would have been. Half of the so called ''oppressed'' brought most of their oppression on themselves and they are still buttsore today over this pathetic little war that they started and lost badly.

As for Sponge and \m/, I love those terms, the same as I loved the terms he gave me in GW3.

Ah, what an ignorant post. Indeed, it was our cultural differences (particularly our OOC approach to the game) that drove us apart.

No more ignorant than you or your alliance, surely.

Propaganda is not the exclusive domain of the NPO, Starcraftmazter.

Shark Week is an excellent example of GOONS using propaganda - pretending to do something for the benefit of the community when defending its interests. Some propaganda is more believable than the rest and that makes all the difference.

If Shark Week was supposed to be propaganda, then GOONS really failed really badly at it. Which just reinforces my earlier point. More to the point, Shark week was not propaganda (I seriously hope GOONS did not think it was), it was just an IC thing they did.

The smear campaign NPO staged against GPA - now that is propaganda.

Edited by Starcraftmazter

No more ignorant than you or your alliance, surely.

Mussolandia was an Imperial Officer of Diplomacy in the New Pacific Order around the time of the Unjust War. What position did you hold which enables you to have a better insight to Pacific-GOON relations?

Edited by Fallen_Fool

I wasn't aware people still cared, but I guess so. I was UJH, obviously, and while I would have preferred MK not lose I must say that defeat was the beginning of one hell of a path that lead us to greatness few alliances have achieved.

War was great, got to hit Sponge, then got gangbanged by some very nice Spartan folks.

Holy **** I never actually put it together that you were the guy I hit Sponge with. Wow.

Was there a previous version? The current incarnation was formed right around War of the NoCB/Coalition

Whoops. I meant ICON. ICON was Duncan King's first allianec attempt. I got my first ZI-for-OWF comments threats from IRON for saying that ICON fought better than IRON it was fun times as I developed my early posting attitude :D Some months later DK told me he felt really cool bc ICON was being trolled on the OWF (so they "must have hit the big time"). UjW and the few months after were a lot of fun for a troll. All that you can take my infra but not my keyboard taunting.

Edited by Schattenmann

I wasn't aware people still cared, but I guess so. I was UJH, obviously, and while I would have preferred MK not lose I must say that defeat was the beginning of one hell of a path that lead us to greatness few alliances have achieved.

Holy **** I never actually put it together that you were the guy I hit Sponge with. Wow.

War makes some strange bedfellows.

GPA at the time.

Unjust Path winning probably would have made the game more fun. None of this Continuum everyone ally to each other and have no ambition but survival crap.

I have to say the UJP is what started this. It gave the strongest rallying cry that had ever been seen in the game. That cry was against them. Major alliances flocked to the NPO and NpO in order to ensure that the UJP was destroyed because they really were that big of jerks.

Mussolandia was an Imperial Officer of Diplomacy in the New Pacific Order around the time of the Unjust War. What position did you hold which enables you to have a better insight to Pacific-GOON relations?

I am not at all talking about Pacifica-GOONS relations, I am talking about the similarities between their FA policies.

Whoops. I meant ICON. ICON was Duncan King's first allianec attempt. I got my first ZI-for-OWF comments threats from IRON for saying that ICON fought better than IRON it was fun times as I developed my early posting attitude :D Some months later DK told me he felt really cool bc ICON was being trolled on the OWF (so they "must have hit the big time"). UjW and the few months after were a lot of fun for a troll. All that you can take my infra but not my keyboard taunting.

Yeah, it was a golden age of trolling for many people. I must admit I had fun trolling various alliances.