TPF's Response to Terms Offered

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is pretty funny actually. TPF is trying to play the victim of a treaty they wrote.

You would think that with how many people you had in TPF at the time of signing don’t you think that maybe one member might…..just might…..have said “Hey guys. Anyone remember the GW era when NAPs were laughed at as people went to war with their treaty partners? Don’t you think this could come back to hurt us?”

PC found the loophole that mhawk wrote into the treaty and used it before you guys did. Whoops, that one didn’t work out to well for you did it?

You guys are the only ones to blame for getting yourselves into this situation anyways. Circumstances of the war or not, you signed a bad treaty and got attacked. You have lost and have been given just incredibly light terms compared to some of the surrender terms.

What happens next is up to TPF. You can either keep being stubborn and hard headed and refuse to pay PC reps which will cause you to lose more members, more NS, and keep your remaining allies in a state of war indefinitely. Or you can stop complaining and pay up. I’m sure PC is happy either way.

The ironic part of this is that if it was the NPO holding TPF at war for three months then requiring fairly sizable terms from a war torn and shattered alliance, we'd probably hearing these same people arguing for the terms proclaiming how evil the NPO was for doing such to an alliance that entered the war knowing full well what would happen just to support an ally.

You can't play the "We're fighting for an end to curbstomps and heavy reparations... and we'll get around to trying that right after we get done getting our heavy reperations from this curbstomp" game and honestly not expect people to call a spade a spade there.

This is pretty funny actually. TPF is trying to play the victim of a treaty they wrote.

When is a NAP not a NAP? When it has a clause that cancels it in case of aggression. :rolleyes:

Even that isn't the problem. That problem is that they trusted an alliance with a shaky rep in the first place.

Sorry to say it TPF but at this point you will just be sitting in peace mode to get sniped should you come out. Your longtime enemies in PC due to the hatreds involved have more to gain by seeing you kept down in peace mode then by taking the tech. Either way they do win in this and they do get the last laugh during this war. You have to concede that fact and decide whether you want to get out of the war with PC laughing at you or do you want to stay in the war with PC laughing at you.

Tough choice either way, I know but in the end I do believe their really is only one choice that makes sense and I do not see how you guys can exert enough political pressure or military pressure to make these alliances fighting you decide to step down.

They want the PR of not having changed original terms while those fighting NPO did. In some circles I guess that is a big deal although I dont know why personally.

These surrender terms lack all members having to denounce phoenix worshipping white supremacy and disband.

Paying reps is $%&@all compared to the crap you've enforced on others. Get over yourselves.

I type well while drunk, i am awesome. :D

TPF could have broken the treaty

PC Did.

Those are not equal.

And what I'm saying is, boo hoo for you, suck it up, deal with it. Your intentions were very clear when that treaty was signed and written, they merely did what you were going to do all along, before you even had the chance.

That's where your outrage is from. It's not "how dare they violate the terms of the treaty!" it's "how dare they violate the terms of the treay before us!"

Very big difference.

I honestly think that if TPF is to pay reps to PC, then part of the terms should be that PC pays their 120 million reps to California first, which California still hasn't seen a cent of from when PC raided the TPF protectorates during the war.

Then I believe PC should add 120million in reps to the 20000 tech they should get, and another 80 million for an inappropriate use of their aid slots.

So wait, this was a NAP they felt they could cancel and declare on the said alliance immediately? This serves as a lesson for treaty wording but this was a NAP, what the hell is the point of it if you can immediately cancel and declare.

ElP, you and I will not agree much on well, much of anything. But on this we agree. As I said at the time, I don't really give a rat's anal glands that PC e-lawyered themselves into attacking us. But goddamn if we are going to let ourselves be extorted into rewarding them for it.

Stated again. Everyone else can have their reps, on the terms they were assigned.

good, so we have a starting point. lets take the next logical step then.

why was the treaty worded in the way it was?

The clause of the treaty suggests a spirit where it would have been cancelled not long after being signed as such the rest of your argument is worthless. Them keeping the treaty proves laziness to make a single post or a genuine interest for non agression.

that was exactly my point. the wording indicates a spirit of 'we are going to violate this treaty and we have a legal means to do so' by both parties. you've agreed with me, but done so in a rather condescending manner.

And what I'm saying is, boo hoo for you, suck it up, deal with it. Your intentions were very clear when that treaty was signed and written, they merely did what you were going to do all along, before you even had the chance.

That's where your outrage is from. It's not "how dare they violate the terms of the treaty!" it's "how dare they violate the terms of the treay before us!"

Very big difference.

this is yet another way to rephrase my argument. thank you, my spacewalking friend. the treaty was set up with a clear goal in mind. PC seems to have beat TPF to the punch.

Then I believe PC should add 120million in reps to the 20000 tech they should get, and another 80 million for an inappropriate use of their aid slots.

Well, that's interesting. They owed the reps to California because they violated their own Tech Raiding Rules. The same rules that you wrote. And now you say don't pay the reps, like the rules say they should. So were the Tech Raiding Rules an actual guideline, or just a PR stunt to gain some good PR while tech raiding??

good, so we have a starting point. lets take the next logical step then.

why was the treaty worded in the way it was?

It was poorly worded by someone, not mhawk, who had never written a NAP before. That is all. No behind the scenes game or ulterior motive. Just a simple mistake.

And it was written at a time we could have rolled PC, but didn't.

If you hate TPF so much, why did you stay in the Continuum with them for so long?

Here's the usual line of thought of you and serveral other people in your alliance (from what ive seen):

Comment -> generalization -> drawing conclusions of your own -> accusing commenting party of said conclusions -> putting fingers in both ears and sing "LALALA"

Edited by HellAngel

It was poorly worded by someone, not mhawk, who had never written a NAP before. That is all. No behind the scenes game or ulterior motive. Just a simple mistake.

And it was written at a time we could have rolled PC, but didn't.

Then you have no one to blame but yourself. Your NAP fell victim to its own wording. It was an NAP until either party decided it wasn't an NAP, and then it simply ceased to exist.

This also might be the most discussed NAP since NPO-GATO signed the Dove Doctrine or when GOONS canceled theirs with NPO.

Oh God, just pay the reps.

Refusing to pay reps to PC is not harming them at all. You are the ones still at war and bill locked. In the end, it is a matter of whether you love your alliance and its community enough to deal with it, or if your pride has gotten the best of you. In the end, Poison Clan will be happy either way. Even if Poison Clan hurt some non-existent trust bond between both alliances, you are giving them exactly what they want, one way or the other.

Everyone agrees TPF has fulfilled its role in this war. When it comes down to paying reparations to an enemy, other alliances have been forced to do much worse. It is really a choice in the end: save your alliance from further destruction or watch your ego bring your collective doom.

TPF, you have lost this war. It's time to admit it.

Well, that's interesting. They owed the reps to California because they violated their own Tech Raiding Rules. The same rules that you wrote. And now you say don't pay the reps, like the rules say they should. So were the Tech Raiding Rules an actual guideline, or just a PR stunt to gain some good PR while tech raiding??

I'm not even IN PC anymore, you make no sense, ever.

And yes, I am saying they shouldn't pay those reps. They WON. They set the terms this time around, not you.

I'm not even IN PC anymore, you make no sense, ever.

And yes, I am saying they shouldn't pay those reps. They WON. They set the terms this time around, not you.

But California wasn't in the war, it was a tech raid by PC that shouldn't have happened. PC stopped it, and agreed to pay reps for the mistake. The question is where are the reps, and why you don't want them to pay, when the Tech raid Rules you wrote ssay they should.