So... Now What?

Ragashingo

That joke wasn't even funny when it was current...

Anyway, there are some people around here who I think are qualified to criticize because they haven't linked themselves to bad policies and because they have remained consistent on their viewpoints over the years.

The only viewpoint you have remained consistent about is how my alliance is the root of all evil and must be destroyed. Your maintenance of this viewpoint has seen you flip-flop from one position to the complete opposite depending on whatever is more critical.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

God, how wierd is it gonna be like in 2 years, we are gonna be all old and stuff and the new players will come in and repeat the same mistakes we made and us old folk will be like YOU YOUNGINS, STOP RUININ TEH CN AND LEARN FROM HISTORY!! lol

The one thing I've definitely learned in my 2 years here (nearly) is that there a huge variety of possible mistakes, and just when you think every stupid move has already been made and there are no new mistakes to be made, someone comes up with another one.

As for my "sarcasm," no, I'm just direct. Listen, I know I'm not dull, and I am more than sure that I'm ruffling a few feathers, but that's how I roll. Yeah, it upset the NPO when I was against them, but you know what, you people cheered me on then. Why, because I was your SOB then. My style hasn't changed, just my environment. And guess what, I don't plan on changing. Being dull and pretending to be nice and reasonable, not my style, cause Rebel Virginia ain't a pretender. Rebel Virgina has to be free, dawg. Rebel Virginia can't be chained. Dig it?

I understand this better than most people realize.

I've learned that fat drunk and stupid is no way to go through life son.

Well, at least fat people usually don't ride bicycles.

drunk-driving-accident.jpg

I have a very important question to ask, RV why your post with blue letters? This is really annoying to read.

Use may this blue if you need be different please.

He's imitating a certain former CN player. That's why he's using that particular shade of blue, it's what that player used.

And RV, you know as well as anyone for an alliance to just stand up to NPO immediately would be useless. They'd get slaughtered. People just bit their tongues and watched as more people supported NPO being attacked, and eventually it got to a point where enough people in enough positions decided they were tired of it, and they stood up and knocked NPO down. Those people wouldn't be able to do that if they had stood up one at a time as Pacifica did something they felt was wrong, and there wouldn't have been the NS to repel the attack against OV, and NPO would have continued on.

I think TPF, Invicta, NADC, and any notable PWN opponents will attest to this:

The main thing everyone should learn from the Karma War is that Manhattan Projects and SDI's are a must-have to survive in current CN warfare. A nation with 25k NS and a Manhattan Project is unstoppable right now.

The main thing everyone should learn from the Karma War is that Manhattan Projects and SDI's are a must-have to survive in current CN warfare. A nation with 25k NS and a Manhattan Project is unstoppable right now.

Yup. With an MP and a warchest you can trash enemy nations for months on end, even when losing. I've been rebuying infra to stay in nuke range forever, which is gonna kill me after the war, but for now my priority is to nuke enemy nations as many times as possible.

-Bama

Some alliances learned this before the noCB War. ;)

I don't believe I learned anything from this war aside from what I already knew rejoining CN, as well as the general behavior and mindsets of the OWF posters.

I'm happy to have made y'alls re-acquaintance.

Ah, Drostan, your posts are incredibly humorous to me. That spin-and-drop response to RV's post, and Raga's faithful backing you up was very amusing. A++ quality stuff.

In all seriousness, though. Raga has every right to be blindly hateful of the NPO. One of the few with any logical right, outside of C&G (and of many within Frostbite). I just wish he were a little more intellectually honest in his arguments, instead of being so dogmatic all the time.

I don't believe I learned anything from this war aside from what I already knew rejoining CN, as well as the general behavior and mindsets of the OWF posters.

I'm happy to have made y'alls re-acquaintance.

Ah, Drostan, your posts are incredibly humorous to me. That spin-and-drop response to RV's post, and Raga's faithful backing you up was very amusing. A++ quality stuff.

In all seriousness, though. Raga has every right to be blindly hateful of the NPO. One of the few with any logical right, outside of C&G (and of many within Frostbite). I just wish he were a little more intellectually honest in his arguments, instead of being so dogmatic all the time.

Heh. Where was I dishonest?

Heh. Where was I dishonest?
Good post.

For anyone curious, just click the link to the post, and it becomes evident that Raga simply played the yes man in that reply to Drosdan's post.

Stuff like that, whereby you give someone a thumbsup with no reason, but give other folks the "dignity" of a properly cited response, is in fact, intellectually dishonest.

Mind sharing what was so good about the post with the rest of the class? I provided more reason for why I like his post than you did, Raga. I would say that, once again, I've followed through with my standards.

For anyone curious, just click the link to the post, and it becomes evident that Raga simply played the yes man in that reply to Drosdan's post.

Stuff like that, whereby you give someone a thumbsup with no reason, but give other folks the "dignity" of a properly cited response, is in fact, intellectually dishonest.

Mind sharing what was so good about the post with the rest of the class? I provided more reason for why I like his post than you did, Raga. I would say that, once again, I've followed through with my standards.

Succinctness does not equate to intellectual dishonesty.

Succinctness does not equate to intellectual dishonesty.

True. But given the context of the quoted post, and the rest of Raga's, it becomes quite evident that "brevity" would be a more accurate way to describe what Raga was going for in that response, rather than succinctness.

And while brevity for the sake of brevity does not make intellectual dishonesty, starting off with an extraordinarily vague response, followed up by well thought-out responses to other posts within the same post indicate that Raga was clearly not intending to do anything more than give a blind, arguably sycophantic, response to Drosdan.

Raga is clearly capable of explaining his thoughts in an articulate, and skillful manner. That he did not, and opted for the sophomoric "stuff" quote indicates dishonesty.

True. But given the context of the quoted post, and the rest of Raga's, it becomes quite evident that "brevity" would be a more accurate way to describe what Raga was going for in that response, rather than succinctness.

And while brevity for the sake of brevity does not make intellectual dishonesty, starting off with an extraordinarily vague response, followed up by well thought-out responses to other posts within the same post indicate that Raga was clearly not intending to do anything more than give a blind, arguably sycophantic, response to Drosdan.

Raga is clearly capable of explaining his thoughts in an articulate, and skillful manner. That he did not, and opted for the sophomoric "stuff" quote indicates dishonesty.

Raga's post was in no way sycophantic, he wasn't tripping over himself to agree with Drostan. He simply observed that he found the post to be "good". The fact that he did not take the time to elaborate more on his feelings in already long post does not make his assessment sophomoric.

Raga's post was in no way sycophantic, he wasn't tripping over himself to agree with Drostan. He simply observed that he found the post to be "good". The fact that he did not take the time to elaborate more on his feelings in already long post does not make his assessment sophomoric.

Huh.

No one takes you seriously. Why should I? Well, I suppose its the fact I feel starved for attention, so I'll just dismiss your post;

1) Of course his post wasn't sycophantic. I actually pointed out that only Raga's response to Drosdan was *arguably* so. In fact, the rest of Raga's post was quite a good example of a brief, yet intelligent series of responses to post. Only Drosdan's quote and the accompanying "thumbs up" act were a glaring exception to an otherwise wonderful to read post.

2) I didn't say his assessment was sophomoric. I said the "good stuff" summary that Raga responded to was sophomoric. And is frankly jarring and annoying.

What thread have you been reading?

No, it doesn't actually.

Huh.

No one takes you seriously. Why should I? Well, I suppose its the fact I feel starved for attention, so I'll just dismiss your post;

Beginning your argument with an unrelated insult, a classic move from the Chron School of Trolling.

1) Of course his post wasn't sycophantic. I actually pointed out that only Raga's response to Drosdan was *arguably* so. In fact, the rest of Raga's post was quite a good example of a brief, yet intelligent series of responses to post. Only Drosdan's quote and the accompanying "thumbs up" act were a glaring exception to an otherwise wonderful to read post.

So his post wasn't sycophantic, but yet his post was arguably sycophantic. Good work there.

2) I didn't say his assessment was sophomoric. I said the "good stuff" summary that Raga responded to was sophomoric. And is frankly jarring and annoying.

Yes, the unacceptable rewording of an extremely long quote into something that you can easily refer to. I was quite upset by it myself.

What thread have you been reading?

Just another one that unfortunately contains your atrocious posts.

I am beginning to think that no one on this forum knows what a sycophant even is. That post was not sycophantic or arguably sycophantic.

saying the post was good is not at all self-serving and beyond that you can't really be sycophantic without first showing a pattern of self serving praise and flattery an isolated incident of praise is in no way even arguably sycophantic.

Stuff about brevity
Chron:

Quote using the word arguably

You're making this whole fuss because my brief post was just arguably sycophantic and somehow jarring? How lame. I guess you're trying to beat out RV for the biggest troll in my topic hu? Like RV you aren't worth responding to any longer. Come back when you want to have a real debate instead of trolling me over issues of negligible importance.

Also much thanks to Tyga and Vilien for backing me up. :)

Alright, I'd like to get things back on track if I may. I've thought of something I myself learned from the Karma War:

There are quite a few more good, decent, tough, and hard working alliances out there than I realized. Molon Labe for instance had us a bit worried. We were bigger than them but their average strength and nukes combined with their great attitude and strong spirit of community would have made for a terrific long battle had our section of the war continued. The odd thing was I hadn't really ever heard of them before. They weren't one of the big political news makers or anything.

So how about you? Did you encounter any enemies that were tougher than you expected? Or going back to the OP, what did you learn from the Karma War?

Edited by Ragashingo

You're making this whole fuss because my brief post was just arguably sycophantic and somehow jarring? How lame. I guess you're trying to beat out RV for the biggest troll in my topic hu? Like RV you aren't worth responding to any longer. Come back when you want to have a real debate instead of trolling me over issues of negligible importance.

Also much thanks to Tyga and Vilien for backing me up. :)

You said you wouldn't respond to me anymore in an earlier thread, as well (before continuing to do so). Is that pointless chest-thumping supposed to be impressive?

Beginning your argument with an unrelated insult, a classic move from the Chron School of Trolling.
...Huh? That...What?
So his post wasn't sycophantic, but yet his post was arguably sycophantic. Good work there.
Don't worry, Im a bigger man than to insult someone over his reading comprehension skills.
No, it doesn't actually.
I disagree. If you want, I'd be more than happy to take up this discussion with you elsewhere. But I feel we should not, at risk of a thread derailment.

Needless to say, I would find the idea that anyone learned anything of more than personal relevance on anything to be kinda ridiculous. I have a higher opinion of most folks than to assume that they would be so blind...Unless you were in the NPO. In which case, Im sure there were many epiphany moments all around.