A 4 minute mistake?

Maelstrom Vortex

It's happened before, don't buy for a second that this was a mistake. It's actually a fairly common underhanded tactic that I've seen used in pretty much every war, but it's something that you rarely hear about.

I would bet any amount of money that was no accident. Period.

Things take time to pass on to people depending on how active they are and when the message arrives to them. He isn't particularly extremely active so I'm guessing he wasn't aware of the peace message.

)): They aren't becoming the monsters. They already are. Do the honorable thing and DoW on Rok. It's the only way to stand up to this new hegemony.

That does make sense to me.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Things take time to pass on to people depending on how active they are and when the message arrives to them. He isn't particularly extremely active so I'm guessing he wasn't aware of the peace message.

That does make sense to me.

See my previous post right above yours. He posted in the NPO Surrender thread 1 1/2 hours before the attack. He was aware.

Something might be fishy in here, I'll give you that.

However, it happens every time and it could and would have been better if handled privately. During the noCB war, it took 2 days for my last NPO opponent to get off my back. 2 days in which he attacked me while my defense were depleted, I had offered him peace and send him a link to the OWF thread. It happens all the time: in fact, if I remember correctly, a whole lot of tech was added to our reps because one of our guys nuked BACK after the surrender. That's to say he was nuked first, nuked back and NPO added tech.

I don't mean this to be a jab at NPO or you but bringing this to the public really makes it look like a cheap shot at PR.

Something might be fishy in here, I'll give you that.

However, it happens every time and it could and would have been better if handled privately. During the noCB war, it took 2 days for my last NPO opponent to get off my back. 2 days in which he attacked me while my defense were depleted, I had offered him peace and send him a link to the OWF thread. It happens all the time: in fact, if I remember correctly, a whole lot of tech was added to our reps because one of our guys nuked BACK after the surrender. That's to say he was nuked first, nuked back and NPO added tech.

I don't mean this to be a jab at NPO or you but bringing this to the public really makes it look like a cheap shot at PR.

My thought's exactly.

For future reference, stick to handling this internally and let your gov deal with their gov. Knowing RoK, they don't like this sort of thing to happen and will take care of things but bringing it here to the OWF just looks bad.

I will only echo the sentiments already here. Usually I would simply chalk this up as an accident and move on but it does look pretty suspicious which is lame. That being said, I can guarantee that this was a decision undertaken by ShinRa himself and as such handling it discretely would have been more appropriate. Peace was just settled, let's not move to inflame the situation for at least a few weeks. heh.

Good luck with the reparations.

)): ShinRa, you're a meanie.

They're letting TRIGON give out war orders now? :P My respect for NPO shot down.

Also with ShinRa, I guess NPO is under protection of Karma but seriously, 4 minutes? That was probably a mistake dude. I'd suggest just letting it go, and moving on. If it happens against, report it to Karma officials. This isn't the best way to bring it up.

They're letting TRIGON give out war orders now? :P My respect for NPO shot down.

Also with ShinRa, I guess NPO is under protection of Karma but seriously, 4 minutes? That was probably a mistake dude. I'd suggest just letting it go, and moving on. If it happens against, report it to Karma officials. This isn't the best way to bring it up.

4 minutes was the length of the war, the war was declared after ShinRa had even posted in the NPO's surrender thread. Its not an accident.

That said, I highly doubt it was sanctioned by Ragnarok...he probably as an individual just thought he was slick. It would be a sweet irony if he had to pay reps out of his own pocket though. I never liked the "parting shot" tactic in war (deny your defeated opponent's peace offer, attack twice, send peace again), but I've never really liked large reps either so I feel like a dying breed here >_>

tl;dr Get off my lawn :P

It happens all the time that people 1) get on, 2) declare their wars, 3) then check their PMs, and their military officers face palm. Of course that's not what happened here. I think kilkenny already solved that little mystery. Poorly played ShinRa.

Edit: Silly kilkenny. I've totally screwed up timestamps on the forums and timestamps in cn before

(Central Time Zone )):). It seems he posted after he attacked, so scenario 1 is still in play.

Edited by Trinite

Just to clarify...

1) The time stamp you provided is after the incident, not before. So let's stop that one right there. Shinra obviously posted AFTER the attack and revelation of peace, not BEFORE. I would have hoped someone would actually follow the link and try READING, but I guess not.

2) Rok is not hard to find. If you want to speak to us about anything, you or your gov can contact us. We haven't been hiding, nor will we.

3) Mistakes are made. Just as we told a couple of Rok members NUKED at the end of IRON hostilities, "It happens in war. Let it go."

4) It is obvious to us that the enmity is mutual between the NPO and ShinRa. I am not interested in rehashing that in the OWF on some ham-handed posting designed it seems to try to embarrass Rok and ShinRa and continue trying the war in the arena of public opinion. If you have a true grievance, come see us. Otherwise...

IT. IS. OVER.

Eh, I didn't know he posted in the surrender thread before this. :P Eh, I'm really left without much of an opinion now. Feel free to report him to Karma, but seriously I'm so sure there's much that can be done about it since there were only 2 ground battles. If I recall ShinRa was one of those who wanted PZI for certain Pacificans, perhaps I'm mistaken but if memory serves then this is the case.

All this time, NPO and others have been saying that RoK/ShinRa are cheap. Now, this is no longer so. Either the NPO player who made this horribly misread it or tried to fake something.

I would guess he was just mad about being attacked after peace was declared.

All this time, NPO and others have been saying that RoK/ShinRa are cheap. Now, this is no longer so. Either the NPO player who made this horribly misread it or tried to fake something.

What is fake here from Maelstrom Vortex, pray tell? Or are you just writing words randomly as you go?

He is obviously being upset at what happened and that is he has been attacked after the peace deal and after he started the process of complying with the terms. But as others have pointed out it happens. Actually there are some other cases I heard in #npowned of such actions but you have to live with it.

In biased eyes negatively towards his AA, mr. MoFA of mk.

In more objective eyes, one could see it as just a guy venting a bit, which is understandable. Maybe not deserving of a thread, but many threads here are more pointless so there you go, its CN.

Edited by Branimir

In more objective eyes, one could see it as just a guy venting a bit, which is understandable. Maybe not deserving of a thread, but many threads here are more pointless so there you go, its CN.

I hear you loud and clear Branimir and although I was initially irritated by it, I was willing to let it go until I got to Page 2. Page 2 featured a link to a time stamp that was incorrectly labeled as proof that ShinRa KNOWINGLY attacked after peace and then reps were discussed and Rok was disparaged. No one seemed willing to even check the facts here before I did.

Look, maybe we ALL just need to dial it down a bit, try the idea of private channels for some of this stuff. No threat here, just some common sense. This little thread here did NOTHING positive in terms of trust or relations between us.

You're can't exactly claim unbiased eyes yourself.

I did that where? And that is relevant to my point how?

Anyway, while I know this could go on for couple of pages about nothing really, Ill just preemptively stop it from my part. I did said everything I had, hate to repeat my self.

I hear you loud and clear Branimir and although I was initially irritated by it, I was willing to let it go until I got to Page 2.

Did Maelstrom Vortex post what irritated you, on page 2?

And we are talking about him* here I do believe he didn't post past page 1.

I don't mean this to be a jab at NPO or you (*meaning Maelstrom Vortex here) but bringing this to the public really makes it look like a cheap shot at PR.

My response:

edit: Clarified more.

Edited by Branimir