Instrument of Surrender for the New Pacific Order

sethb

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Stop your whining. Just be thankful that you don't have one of these:

1. Secret Terms and threat if the secret terms are revealed a breach of terms and a DOW.

2. A Viceroy

3. Banishment of your existing Government (Yay! You get to keep Moo and Vladamir!)

4. Requiring certain members to refrain from posting on the forums ever

5. Keeping members from running for senate or gov't in said alliance ever

6. Eternal ZI of certain members

7. Peace Mode nations in 2 weeks of war

I expect that since the existing Gov't remained intact that we'll see ReVenGE from the NPO in the near future. Moo isn't called "Revenge Cow" for nothing.

You know a lot for your 3 posts.

I disagree with this for one primary reasoning: People didn't surrender merely because they had this brilliant ingenious plan, everything which happened did so naturally, nothing this grand was planned nor did anyone have any control over NPO screwing up except for themselves, on a political level, nor would I believe anyone trying to be egotistical enough to say "I planned all of this" or even hinting they are responsible for this, some people have their egos through the roof as it is. It was the NPO's own actions which lead to their demise. Aegis was terrible in GWIII, nothing brilliantly executed lead us to where we are now except for NPO themselves. If they played their cards right, they'd still be on top and I blame them, no one else.

Mhhmm, someone missed a few posts :P

Edit: meh :D

Edited by shilo

I notice no clause prohibiting tech raiders from stealing the reps. Seeing how folks commonly prey on the Karma POW's, I figured you would have covered that point, being that its in your own self interest.

Part C, section VIII should cover that little problem.

Nevermind the outside deals, they can't even move technology internally so that it can be used for reparations payments.

Even if they were allowed to, it wouldn't make any sense. The nations owing the majority of the reps would might as well use all their slots to pay out the tech they'll easily be able to buy, and the rest of the alliance can also easily do tech deals with small nations to foot their part of the bill.

It kills me that this OOC historical myth still has legs.

There was an explicit warning already that bringing up this stuff in this thread is not tolerated. Leave WW1 and WW2 where it belongs: to the history books

People have been asking me this entire war why I, a guy who is so loved by people on the other side, stuck around in the NPO despite being able to find rich opportunity elsewhere (particularly, certain mushrooms, positively charged atoms, and samurai), and now you know why I stick here. It's because over the past few years, the NPO has put the fear of God into the rest of the Cyberverse. You can debate who, what, where, when, why, and how this happened; I don't care. I'll be damned if I'm going anywhere else, though.

And I put the fear of God into the NPO. (Don't fib, now. Your guys kept sending me fantastic screenshots of your members-only areas during the Red Senate thing....with everyone running around going "OMGWHAT'REWEGONNADO? OMGWHAT'REWEGONNADO?" Good times.)

I guess that makes me more evil, then.

Join me, Luke!

Is there an actual reason the split of reparations isn't published rather than a 'smart' one line quip?

It wasn't seen as necessary. But by all means if you all are that interested feel free to watch the aid screens and total them up for yourself.

Edited by sethb

It wasn't seen as necessary. But by all means if you all are that interested feel free to watch the aid screens and total them up for yourself.

Or you could stop being a smartass and either make things easy for me or tell me you don't wish for me to know? Much better for everyone involved if you ask me.

so either

1) someone is getting a ton of reps and doesn't want the world at large to know

or

2) you guys haven't decided yet and don't want the world to know.

so which is it?

It is my personal belief that the NPO should not have pursued this course of action first with the many atrocities that they, with the help of their allies, committed. It is easy to say "these terms are incredibly harsh" but I think most of the people, I mean, most of the people, not all, that are saying that, were not party to such terms issued to themselves by the NPO (or worse. and yes, there are worse terms than these as the NPO has illustrated in the past).

like what? Please tell me what terms that the NPO has offered that is worse?

so either

1) someone is getting a ton of reps and doesn't want the world at large to know

or

2) you guys haven't decided yet and don't want the world to know.

so which is it?

Or by keeping it hidden/undecided if an alliance says "We don't want reps" The others get to divide it and NPO still has to pay the full reps.