Instrument of Surrender for the New Pacific Order

sethb

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never understood this quote. As far as I can tell an eye for an eye would leave one man with one eye (because really, how are a bunch of blind people going to find that one-eyed man?).

And as we know "In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is King."

That's what I've always thought :awesome:

I never saw "NPO Cadet" ever used a single time during my stint as a Pacifican, and as a NPO Academy Professor. Pointless add-on which was probably argued over for days, when you could have been getting peace for your membership.

Good luck to all alliances leaving this mess behind. Unfortunately I can't shake the feeling that this has yet to go full, or even half, circle.

Congratulations upon receiving peace, NPO. You fought with immense skill, bravery, and tenacity.

But furthermore,

Congratulations to the Karma Coalition on our victory!

CnG gets to put one in the win column.

Am I supposed to have sympathy? You didn't fight with all you had, you got no mercy, and you couldn't handle the terms so you disbanded. As NSO says, only the strong survive.

Wrong. The terms dictated that we disband. You should probably at least have a passing knowledge of things you're trying to argue. We handled the terms as well as one could handle terms that insulted and belittled one's character. I'm not saying you should have sympathy but I'm giving an example of how TPF has treated those in the past who fought for what they believed was right. NoV was not the aggressor. TPF had to go out of their way to trump up evidence against her people. If NoV deserved destruction for such OOC and ridiculous reasons as judged by TPF, then when it comes time for them to be judged it only makes sense to reference back to their judgment. Following along the Karmic theme, like I said before, they'll be very lucky to receive terms that do not dictate their disbandment.

TORN was all for the war and actively pushed for it, however they were not the source of evidence, they pointed out their past issues and how things ended up leaked that led to a closer look at ov.

So indirectly they actually brought it all about. Still waiting for Bigwoody to bring the truth to light since he was so livid about my "lie".

Honestly though, if the only problem with you guys getting Peace is that pink alliance called PC then I would hope the others fighting you settle for terms with you and suspend them till after your war with PC. Also I would hope they allow any old allies of yours that want to help you to do so. Sick of these alliances that think they can hold everyone else in a war that they do no longer wish to be in. If PC wishes the fight then let them have it. They can also work their own peace terms later since they are still thirsty for Tpf blood.

I think a big part of why it was such a rough ride, is that those that were not involved in negotiations were most vocal over the past few weeks, myself included ;)

Good to see that we can all move forward! I'm also glad to see congratulations on either side!

We might have made it even more rough but I think it quickened the results. The major holdout probably would still be kicking and screaming like PC.

Wrong. The terms dictated that we disband. You should probably at least have a passing knowledge of things you're trying to argue. We handled the terms as well as one could handle terms that insulted and belittled one's character. I'm not saying you should have sympathy but I'm giving an example of how TPF has treated those in the past who fought for what they believed was right. NoV was not the aggressor. TPF had to go out of their way to trump up evidence against her people. If NoV deserved destruction for such OOC and ridiculous reasons as judged by TPF, then when it comes time for them to be judged it only makes sense to reference back to their judgment. Following along the Karmic theme, like I said before, they'll be very lucky to receive terms that do not dictate their disbandment.

following karma all the people that decided that war and those terms have left this world long ago. Karma is being judged for what one does, not what someone else did.

That's the way it is.

Sometimes you can learn a lot more in loss than in victory, I'm confident that NPO has learned a lot from this experience. My advice is to be humble and take your defeats with dignity.

On another note my congradualtions to the victors and in paticular those awesome guys at LOST.

So, instead of fighting to the death, you accepted terms that made you disband. And that helps your case for why I should have sympathy?

Do you even bother reading what I post?

I'm not saying you should have sympathy but I'm giving an example of how TPF has treated those in the past who fought for what they believed was right. NoV was not the aggressor. TPF had to go out of their way to trump up evidence against her people. If NoV deserved destruction for such OOC and ridiculous reasons as judged by TPF, then when it comes time for them to be judged it only makes sense to reference back to their judgment. Following along the Karmic theme, like I said before, they'll be very lucky to receive terms that do not dictate their disbandment.
following karma all the people that decided that war and those terms have left this world long ago. Karma is being judged for what one does, not what someone else did.

I keep hearing this and while it's largely bogus (there are obviously still people in TPF who gladly helped kill NoV as well as the fact that you carry on the TPF name and with that its history), it's the closest thing I've ever heard to some level of remorse or regret. Care to clear the air with an official statement proclaiming such things? Heck, even a private one would be nice.

I keep hearing this and while it's largely bogus (there are obviously still people in TPF who gladly helped kill NoV as well as the fact that you carry on the TPF name and with that its history), it's the closest thing I've ever heard to some level of remorse or regret. Care to clear the air with an official statement proclaiming such things? Heck, even a private one would be nice.

I've said the same thing over and over regarding being judged by our actions, not some retired or gone individuals. There was a statement to that effect in march/april as well.

I know right. These are faaaar too light.
I agree. The fact that these terms leave the NPO with money of their own are quite disappointing.

Wow, here I am agreeing with the NPO. I never thought it would happen! Isn't it great that now that this is behind us, we can all come together!

I find it very telling that the NPO's leadership did not have the fortitude of generative organs to announce their surrender themselves.

But perhaps I'm being too harsh on them. This is only the third time they've faced such a situation. Twice before is very few chances to become accustomed to it.

I find it very telling that the NPO's leadership did not have the fortitude of generative organs to announce their surrender themselves.

But perhaps I'm being too harsh on them. This is only the third time they've faced such a situation. Twice before is very few chances to become accustomed to it.

Maybe it was part of the terms that the person this whole thing started over got to make the final hammer blow to the nail? Ironic, donchathink?

Am I supposed to have sympathy? You didn't fight with all you had, you got no mercy, and you couldn't handle the terms so you disbanded. As NSO says, only the strong survive.

hey. i was one of the 3 NoV nations in peace talks to try and get peace back then. we certianly fought, we got no mercy, and as for not being able to handle the terms, one of the main points that slayer would not back down on was that "NoV as an entity will not be allowed to exist." not being able to handle terms nothing, it was part of the terms that we were given.

So, instead of fighting to the death, you accepted terms that made you disband. And that helps your case for why I should have sympathy?

not all took the terms, but there were enough nations that wanted to play the game in something other than eternal war (myself included) that we pursued them. those that didnt like the terms stayed or at least still fought under different AA's. those that quit the game entirely, im sure they had thier reasons.

as for why you seem to think your sympathy matters, i dont see why it does. it means absolutly nothing to me, and i dont see why it does to flinders.

now, as this is not the place for this discussion, i will not post further in this thread unless it is directly related to NPO-others peace. PM if you wish, but i have little more to say on the matter.