An Announcement from the Orange Defense Network

announcement.gif

The Legion and the Orange Defense Network have had a long, storied past together. Orrple has, in various stages, been held for close to three years. The treaty has survived through crushing defeat in the third Great War, the tribulations of Purplegate and, most recently, the largest war Planet Bob has ever seen. At one point, our membership was so close that we considered merging. Unfortunately, all good things must come to an end.

Eventually, alliances drift apart. The Legion and the Orange Defense Network have found themselves completely and utterly ideologically incompatible, to such a degree that a militarily binding treaty can no longer exist. We were unable to reach a resolution for a downgraded treaty. As of 12:00 AM, July 15, Orrple is no more.

We wish the best of luck to our friends in the Legion, wherever their path may take them.

Arsenal,

Secretary General

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a very sad day for our two alliances. Our paths no longer hold the line and that is sad. While there will be those who are looking to place blame, I can say we tried our hardest to reconcile differences but in the end it just didn't work out. The Legion wishes nothing but the best for ODN and we

hold no hard feelings towards our former treaty partner. I ask all Legion members to stay respectful regardless of what is being said and who is saying it.

Trolls, Troll on

o/ ODN

Ave Legio

goodbye ORRPLE

Edited by jacosby

Ever since the fateful day when ODN and Legion first worked together in GWI, I have always kept a special part of my heart just for them. However, tonight marks the end of the ORRPLE era. I have loved Legion since the beginning, and my love for them is no less now. It saddens me that we have drifted apart, and I will always fondly remember our relationship that was once the strongest bond between two alliances in all of the Cyberverse. To keep things short, I wish the Legion luck in all that they do. I wish to tell them that even though our treaty may be gone, friendships were never written on paper. The Land of Jesus will always be a friend to the Legion, whether they accept my hand or not. I will always wish and hope that one day this friendship can be remedied and renewed. But for now: Farewell dearest ORRPLE. May you rest well.

Ave Legio!

- Twizzler

Edited by Twizzler

It honestly almost brings a tear to my eyes to see this canceled after so long. I really have no idea how to comment, other than to say:

Legion, you are freaking awesome. I hope to god our paths cross once again.

For now, as George Harrison said, all things must pass.

o/ Legion

o/ Orange Defense Network

o/ ORRPLE

Edited by Bullshirt

As a former Legionnaire, it really makes me sad to see this. Not sad because either alliance blatantly broke the spirit of Orrple. Not because either alliance has become undesirable, but because this historic treaty must now die such a quiet death. Change must happen over time, and indeed, both Legion and ODN have changed greatly since this document was signed years ago. Sadly, we did not grow together, but rather drifted apart. This sad announcement comes as the result of many rather undramatic events over the past year, and its likely in the best interest of each alliance as we can each move on our own separate ways.

From the bottom of my heart: Godspeed Legion.

I remember when Soylent Orrple was first signed. While I find myself slightly disappointed that this alliance didn't last through this new age, I completely understand. Good luck in the future ODN.

You should enlighten the general populace through providing the correct interpretation.

Nah, I'd really rather not. :v:

(I'd rather encourage them to think for themselves for a change. I doubt it'll happen, but if I spur one person to thinking, then I win.)

This is more interesting than it appears, and will probably not be interpreted correctly.

This statement means you believe that you're interpreting this correctly. It also assumes there is much to interpret from this, beyond the normal "we're just not going in the same direction any longer". As I am out of the loop, please shed some insight?

Edit: Rev beat me. That'll teach me to open up the response box and then leave to do something else. >_>

Edited by Rafael Nadal

Nah, I'd really rather not. :v:

(I'd rather encourage them to think for themselves for a change. I doubt it'll happen, but if I spur one person to thinking, then I win.)

In other words - "I have no idea what I'm talking about."

Oh, man, I remember when this thing was signed, and the subsequent horribly-inaccurate tripolar world I predicted. Man, I'm bad at guessing.

I have to admit, it feels quite weird knowing that ODN and Legion aren't allies any more. I wonder what other new surprises the next few weeks will bring...