An Announcement from the Orange Defense Network

Oh wow, as a former Legionnaire I was shocked to see Orrple cancelled. Then as it was said earlier many times in this thread, with the recent events It shouldn't be that surprising. As much as I hate to admit it, during my last days as a Legionnaire, the spirit of Orrple didn't feel as fervent as it did pre-purplegate and dare I say it.....felt like it was being held by a couple of strands. The point is, it is a shame that this treaty, not only was it a major part of CN history but also a symbol of one of the strongest bonds in history had to go. (come on, did it really have to go?) I salute both parties and I wish them good luck in their future endeavors. I still love both alliances no matter what.

Edited by Darth Elecian

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

o/ ODN o/ Legion may the two never cross on the battlefield.

I assure you, ODNers share this hope. This was a distressing decision to have to take. Legion will always have the love and respect of ODNers, even if geopolitics divide us.

I never really knew the glory days of ORRPLE, except for what I read in the histories. I was a part of this bond during the beginning of it's waning days. After GWIII at least one Senate candidate campaigned and was elected on a platform of wanting to disband ORRPLE. I know, because I voted for him.

In spite of the obstacles, in spite of bad experiences, in spite of the strategic liabilities, ORRPLE continued. Not as the brilliant blazing light that it once had been, but it endured. The sentimental bonds formed by ORRPLE colored spam, exchange programs, and RP soirees were so strong that when the old guard governments of ODN and Legion left in various diasporas, it still wouldn't die.

This is truly the end of an era.

Considering that The Legion you're canceling with is nothing more than a pitiful bastardization of the one you originally signed Orrple with, this is completely reasonable. Good luck, ODN.

It saddens me to see so much hate still remains in the cyberverse. We try and do what is right to the best of our ability. No one can ask more than that.

Or to put it another way, shove off.

Edited by Lincongrad

I cccrrryyyy teeaaarrrssss of blllloooooohhhhdddddd!

Seriously, you're like years late with this, considering what kind of abomination the Legion we used to love is nowadays.

Edited by Iosif Moldov

I cccrrryyyy teeaaarrrssss of blllloooooohhhhdddddd!

Seriously, you're like years late with this, considering what kind of abomination the Legion we used to love is nowadays.

what made us deserve that -_-

The post-viceroy legion has made steps to build close ties with other alliances and rebuild

can you please state why that makes us an abomination

Once again best of luck to ODN

Considering that The Legion you're canceling with is nothing more than a pitiful bastardization of the one you originally signed Orrple with, this is completely reasonable. Good luck, ODN.

2008 called. It wants its opinions back.