An Announcement from the Orange Defense Network

I must say that this particular line confuses me:

The Legion and the Orange Defense Network have found themselves completely and utterly ideologically incompatible, to such a degree that a militarily binding treaty can no longer exist.

I mean...Legion isn't even so much a paper tiger anymore. Aren't Legion and ODN more or less the same in regards to "we'll do what we must, but not if we don't have to"?

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I mean...Legion isn't even so much a paper tiger anymore. Aren't Legion and ODN more or less the same in regards to "we'll do what we must, but not if we don't have to"?

Not any longer. Well, as of a few months ago.

As someone that fought and was ZI'ed for Orrple it has been somehwat saddening to see this come to pass, however both the Legion and oursleves must do what we think is right for our respective communities in this ever changing world. Let no one think this decision was taken lightly and i urge both Legion and ODN members to take a moment to reflect on Orrple's past and our many fallen Comrades.

I wish the Legion the best of luck in their future endeavors, perhaps one day our paths will cross again in a more positive setting and if that comes to pass none will be more pleased than I.

Legion, I salute you.

Edited by Cataduanes

I like both you guys..... I understand both Arsenal's position, and that of Legion, and I think it is sad that two alliances that I hold in high esteem must part ways, but sadly such is politics.

I also think this is a sad reminder that nothing is forever.... friends drift apart, alliances move on, situations change. The world we live in is not that of Great War One, and as a result we can expect the treaty web to look different. But I'm rambling.

paper tiger?

Now that's just harsh :P

Although it doesn't really shock me per se, as I expected this would come sooner or later after recent events, Legion and ODN have changed both a lot.

As former ambassador from ODN to Legion, as exchange member to Legion, as Senator who worked hard to reinstate the treaty after the Viceroyship, as ODNer who started one of his first controverses by proposing a merger between the two alliances, generally as former ODNer who breathed the ORRPLE spirit since day one, it saddens me nonetheless.

o/ ORRPLE

Ave Legio

As a sidenote, Sparqs posts still are fun to watch, as they were in the good old days :)

heh.

I remember spending a few months in #noigel after the exchange, being given exchange access more-or-less permanently on forums until the viceroy removed it... I'm no longer ODN, but I can easily say my GW3-Purplegate experiences with Orrple were some of my best. I'm sad to see this treaty go.

It is very sad to hear this having spent my entire nation's life in The Legion and The Orange Defense Network. I hope we still remain friends despite our different paths.

Ave Legio

Both the ODN and The Legion were vastly different alliances when the original of this treaty was signed.

While it saddens me to think of what once was, I do realize that that same 'ORRPLE' feeling just is no more.

Can't say that I didn't see this coming, as relations seemed to be held by one last strand for quite a while.

Best of luck, Legion.

Legion wasn't the same after their Viceroy. I'm surprised yet not surprised this didn't comer sooner. It certainly warranted earlier cancellation. Pity.

But then, ODN has changed since back then. They no longer warrant the taunt "Optional Defence Network." And Arsenal was not at their head then, either. Perhaps cancelling was not warranted then, as the philosophies of the alliances were not so different.

Edited by Francesca

But then, ODN has changed since back then. They no longer warrant the taunt "Optional Defence Network." And Arsenal was not at their head then, either. Perhaps cancelling was not warranted then, as the philosophies of the alliances were not so different.

The Dove War predates the noCB war, so that can't be it.

At some point this was not a treaty we had between Legion and ODN. I was true brotherhood, true friendship. It was like we were one alliance. Perhaps only Polaris and Pacifica had ever been so close as we were.

It was hard and painful to watch the friendship and the broterhood that existed slowly fading away... and now we come to this.

I wish the Legion all the best in the future. Good luck, old friends.

o/ Orrple