Poaching from our ranks- NSO

Actually, if you look at the tread, its all just the same people from the same alliance again and again, there is no backfire if its all comming from a couple of sources.

The "same people" and the "same alliance" are all prominent members of the very alliance which is infringing on your sovereignty.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would hope that this is all resolved amicably, although the tone of the posts thus far have been less than conciliatory. Alliance member poaching is merely that; an act of aggression that should be put down and condemned.

I shall not permit you to make such proclamations before answering my arguments for why it is a good thing. As of now, we have 3 distinct arguments going for why it is that recruiting from their alliances was an ethical act. Until it is proven otherwise, by weight of reason rather than inertia of arbitrary community norms, no one may rightfully condemn us.

Edited by heggo

I would hope that this is all resolved amicably, although the tone of the posts thus far have been less than conciliatory. Alliance member poaching is merely that; an act of aggression that should be put down and condemned.

Why is it an act of aggression? As weve already elaborated, neutral alliances are not really harmed by having members leave. They project no power, do not fight wars (ostensibly) and frankly do nothing more than pad stats. Thats about as aggressive as dropping trades with a couple of members of the alliance.

If taking a member from an alliance just because they werent a fit were a valid CB, im frankly shocked Athens isnt beating up on MHA even now for taking Sileath.

I don't quite buy into that first part, but typically neutrality = passivity.

Either neutral alliances truly have no opinion regarding world events, in which case there's no point being nice to them, or they have a private stance that they refuse to act upon. It doesn't seem that far a stretch to think those who don't stand up for what they believe in are lacking in assertiveness.

Tygaland is correct. Just because an alliance is neutral doesn't mean they can or should ignore acts of war upon them. For example, I don't believe anyone would have faulted GPA (or did) for fighting back when the Continuum declared war, despite being neutral. Likewise, if TDO considers recruiting from an alliance as an act of war - which, on a personal level, I would not agree with - then there is no breach of neutrality of they were to respond as such.

Actually, if you look at the tread, its all just the same people from the same alliance again and again, there is no backfire if its all comming from a couple of sources.

Are you sure?

I don't quite buy into that first part, but typically neutrality = passivity.

Either neutral alliances truly have no opinion regarding world events, in which case there's no point being nice to them, or they have a private stance that they refuse to act upon. It doesn't seem that far a stretch to think those who don't stand up for what they believe in are lacking in assertiveness.

The point I'm making is that the people saying TDO is not neutral if they defend themselves are essentially demanding they do not assert themselves or they are to be considered no longer neutral if they do. This is crap. If someone aggresses against you you can defend yourself without being considered an aggressive person or group. Nor does it show any political preference which would belie their claimed neutrality.

I have no love or hate for alliances that claim to be politically neutral. I just think the perception that such alliances have to sit idly while being attacked or victims of some other form of aggression is not a fair or accurate one.

Some people here don't get neutrality. Being neutral does not imply being pacifist, and indeed we are not pacifists.

TDO is a great community. Its a way of life. Apparently most our members think the same as non have left our alliance due to the insulting recruiting message from NSO. It has only enraged our members, and rightfully so.

I'm willing to see all my pixels burns to preserve our way of life, if need be.

What ever you think of this all, I think we can all agree here that NSO made a "classy" move.

Some people here don't get neutrality. Being neutral does not imply being pacifist, and indeed we are not pacifists.

TDO is a great community. Its a way of life. Apparently most our members think the same as non have left our alliance due to the insulting recruiting message from NSO. It has only enraged our members, and rightfully so.

What ever you think of this all, I think we can all agree here that NSO made a "classy" move.

I am forced to presume that this is a twisted attempt at sarcasm.

Edited by Style 386

[OOC] Well im not just looking at the deluge of negative comments, im also looking at the arguments. Most notably the fact that this thread was totally unnecessary. Yes there were the private talks but the impression was given that the matter was concluded; then surprise surprise. Also just pointing out, that was an OOC comment, which you can get warned for not replying as OOC. Its like referring to spamming or flaming outside of OOC tags. You might want to edit. :)[/ooc]

Edited by iamthey

The point I'm making is that the people saying TDO is not neutral if they defend themselves are essentially demanding they do not assert themselves or they are to be considered no longer neutral if they do. This is crap. If someone aggresses against you you can defend yourself without being considered an aggressive person or group. Nor does it show any political preference which would belie their claimed neutrality.

I have no love or hate for alliances that claim to be politically neutral. I just think the perception that such alliances have to sit idly while being attacked or victims of some other form of aggression is not a fair or accurate one.

how would you react if Neutrals just blitzed NSO ?

also pretty petty what NSO has done and i like how you explained TDO.

I agree fully. Neutrality does not necessitate pacifism and impotence, though it does often imply it, in practice.

Good. Embrace your passion, break your chains.

Not sure if they has been brought up or not yet, but Viktor = Corinan = Doppelganger.

Also, go get 'em TDO. I'm rooting for you guys. Poaching is bad unless you don't wear a tag in #rad :awesome:

Edited by Emperor Marx

I shall not permit you to make such proclamations before answering my arguments for why it is a good thing. As of now, we have 3 distinct arguments going for why it is that recruiting from their alliances was an ethical act. Until it is proven otherwise, by weight of reason rather than inertia of arbitrary community norms, no one may rightfully condemn us.

I guess when you can't logically repudiate a good argument the best thing to do is to just skulk in the shadows and curse your lack of foresight. I hope that the shadow we've cast here is agreeable to TDO.

It's an old cliche that when you first arrive in prison you're supposed to punch the toughest looking guy. Apparently that shows that you're tougher, or crazy, or whatever. I always thought that was pretty stupid. Seems like a great way to insure that guy's gonna try and kick your $@! later. Perhaps it's more prudent to knock out a weaker looking guy, who you know you could beat in a future fight. But then that just defeats the whole purpose of getting respect for the act. In fact, it is likely to have the opposite effect.

Good. Embrace your passion, break your chains.

Lol, it's funny to see you know nothing about TDO. But keep up the pomp.

And don't forget to embrace the "dark side" Muhahahaha. Enjoy your silliness

It's an old cliche that when you first arrive in prison you're supposed to punch the toughest looking guy. Apparently that shows that you're tougher, or crazy, or whatever. I always thought that was pretty stupid. Seems like a great way to insure that guy's gonna try and kick your $@! later. Perhaps it's more prudent to knock out a weaker looking guy, who you know you could beat in a future fight. But then that just defeats the whole purpose of getting respect for the act. In fact, it is likely to have the opposite effect.

We've been here for awhile and we didn't punch anyone.

Analogies in political discussions almost always fail terribly.